Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2018 9:55:13 PM EDT

The National Rifle Association is launching a six figure ad campaign against former pro gun darling of West Virgina, Senator Joe Manchin (D).

NRA: Joe Manchin is Part of the Problem

The 30-second TV ad will run in the Charleston and Bluefield media markets and is mostly of excerpts from President Trump's speech at a recent rally for Republican candidate Patrick Morrissey.

What is ever so interesting is that Sen. Manchin got major support from the NRA in 2010 when he started his campaign for Senate. Chris Cox gave the good senator a glowing review back then.

Joe Manchin's support for individual gun ownership rights has earned him an "A" rating and endorsement from the NRA-PVF. We ask all West Virginia gun owners, hunters and NRA members to vote Joe Manchin for U.S. Senate on November 2nd.  Chris Cox, NRA 2010
View Quote

It is becoming a pattern with the NRA to give such high ratings to politicians to only see them betray gun owners. It has happened on both the State and Federal level. Florida and Vermont being the most prevalent recently with the gun control being passed in those states. Alas, will the NRA learn from these costly mistakes? Will they hold elected officials feet to the fire more closely when they actually start to endorse them or will they rely on the randomness of a four page questioner form?
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 7:24:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 7:34:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 1:35:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm not sure why the NRA would spend the money going after Manchin instead of spending the money to back Morrisey. It isn't like anyone on the fence doesn't already know Manchin's record on kissing Obama's ass on every single issue. Instead of telling those people why Manchin is the lesser of two evils, why not tell them why Morrisey is the guy for them?
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 6:00:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm not sure why the NRA would spend the money going after Manchin instead of spending the money to back Morrisey. It isn't like anyone on the fence doesn't already know Manchin's record on kissing Obama's ass on every single issue. Instead of telling those people why Manchin is the lesser of two evils, why not tell them why Morrisey is the guy for them?
View Quote
Maybe because Morrisey has been a no-show in the southern part of the state. NRA is helping him out on that.

ETA: Cole was a no-show around here too, no wonder he lost to Justice.

ETA2: Stop bashing the NRA, Manchin sold out to Bloomberg.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 6:59:33 PM EDT
[#5]
appreciate the information.  Have to read up on him and see what his major malfunction is.   Hopefully he will be ousted soon based off of what I have read.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 8:03:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
appreciate the information.  Have to read up on him and see what his major malfunction is.   Hopefully he will be ousted soon based off of what I have read.
View Quote
Manchin-Bloomberg
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 11:06:18 AM EDT
[#7]
View Quote
Well, that's enough for me! lol!!
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 12:38:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Maybe because Morrisey has been a no-show in the southern part of the state. NRA is helping him out on that.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not bashing the NRA. I'm just curious why they are spending their money on anti-Manchin ads instead of pro-Morrisey ones.

I'm just burned our from years of negative campaigning from everyone and just want someone to vote for.

*shrug*
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 2:46:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I'm not bashing the NRA. I'm just curious why they are spending their money on anti-Manchin ads instead of pro-Morrisey ones.

I'm just burned our from years of negative campaigning from everyone and just want someone to vote for.

*shrug*
View Quote
Sorry that NRA bashing comment wasn’t directed at you, I just didn’t want to make more post and I probably should have.

I finally seen a Morrisey billboard over on Rte 92 this morning.
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 3:47:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Politics in WV have been a shitshow since 1863. Still a North vs South/city vs country kinda thing. Naturally the politicians migrate toward the population centers, more voters per dollar spent. Joe has tried to curry favor with the dimwit party since he went to DC with hopes of advancing his political career. He counts on underinformed voters to keep sending him back to DC. That bit Nick Joe in the ass last cycle, hopefully it gets Joe this cycle.
Link Posted: 9/24/2018 3:56:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Joe needs to go.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top