Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/6/2021 3:01:07 AM EDT
Do they still have any meaningful influence in DC? Strategy, not feelings. We have avoided any gun control BS in the past ten months.
Link Posted: 11/6/2021 9:12:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Meaningful? Yes, they never let a crisis go to waste.  They’re really good at concessions lately, they don’t actually fight for anything they aren’t 100% sure they can win, there’s a lot of questionable spending, they absolutely haven’t been speaking in accordance with my beliefs when they are “representing” me lately.

Life member here but LaPierre has to go, he’s wrecked the NRA. Not another dime until he’s gone.

There are many other organizations worth supporting.
Link Posted: 11/6/2021 11:24:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/6/2021 3:52:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Meaningful? Yes, they never let a crisis go to waste.  They’re really good at concessions lately, they don’t actually fight for anything they aren’t 100% sure they can win, there’s a lot of questionable spending, they absolutely haven’t been speaking in accordance with my beliefs when they are “representing” me lately.

Life member here but LaPierre has to go, he’s wrecked the NRA. Not another dime until he’s gone.

View Quote

I feel the same way. I'm a life member too, if I weren't I would be completely done with them. Guess I could drop off the rolls but I'm hopeful some new leadership gets in that can turn it around.
Link Posted: 11/6/2021 4:22:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

This.  I'm a life member as well.

LaPierre has done more damage to this once incredible organization than any liberal has ever inflicted.

The healing can only start when he is gone.  
Link Posted: 11/6/2021 7:08:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I quit renewing my membership a few years ago when all of LaPierre's misdeeds started coming out in public.  Continuing to support the NRA with LaPierre and his cronies still there is a huge no go for me.  If he actually cared about the mission he would have left willingly already.  The fact that he stays just proves he's there for the money, not the mission.
Link Posted: 11/6/2021 10:25:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/7/2021 8:42:34 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm a life member, and not really happy with them.  It seems like they back off important legislation.
The only saving grace is, the Potato in Chief, and other politicians, are afraid of the NRA.
I've never heard a Democrat state that they "took on the GOA".

Perception is everything.  Local groups do get involved more.  But...name recognition may be more beneficial.
Link Posted: 11/7/2021 8:43:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Read some of this, if you get very deep into the situation I can't see how you'd have any desire to support the NRA as it is. There's a lot of rot and scum well below WLP in the organization.

https://nraindanger.wordpress.com/blog/

Our club just voted to end an NRA membership requirement which I'm quite happy about, I'm a life member so it had no effect on me. I know too many other people who actively hate to give them money and quite a few good folks who refused to join because of that. In fact the NRA is in such poor shape their checks to the club for membership signup kickbacks are bouncing, costing the club money. Our treasurer has stopped depositing them....

Link Posted: 11/7/2021 8:56:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

That's a bit myopic. Nearly the entire board are his people that won't defy or challenge him. It needs to be wiped clean and that will never happen.
View Quote

We're on the same page.

But with LP gone, the rest will be easier to run off.  I still say getting him gone is the key.
Link Posted: 11/7/2021 9:56:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
That's a bit myopic. Nearly the entire board are his people that won't defy or challenge him. It needs to be wiped clean and that will never happen.
View Quote

This.
There's no point in getting rid of just Wayne if you keep Marion Hammer, Tom King, etc.
Link Posted: 11/7/2021 10:20:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I support GOA.
View Quote

I'm asking legitimately.  What legislation has the GOA played a key part in getting passed or defeated?
Link Posted: 11/7/2021 10:26:26 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm not trying to sway anyone.  I'm not encouraging you to follow my path.

I chose to let my membership lapse due to the money siphoning.  If the NRA cleans house and returns to its mission, I'll be back on board.  I maintained my NRA instructor certifications, but I will be letting them lapse the next time they are up for renewal.

I have not been able to find any significant Second Amendment effort for which the GOA was instrumental.  If anyone knows of any, please educate me.  I'm asking; not trying to prove a point.

The Second Amendment Foundation seems to be doing good work through the courts.
Link Posted: 11/7/2021 3:19:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top