User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 9:24:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Got my badges just in time to find out this show is effectively canceled, not by NRA yet, but by vendors not showing up. So the business portion will go on I guess, but the exhibit hall will be empty. Here is the list I have found not coming:

Benelli USA
Beretta
Browning
FN Herstal
HK
Kimber Manufacturing
Savage Arms
Smith & Wesson
Springfield Armory
Sig Sauer
Sturm, Ruger & Company
Vista
View Quote

yes, I reported that and posted a bunch of articles in other threads
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 11:04:28 AM EDT
[#2]
All of the vendors pulling out sucks.
I will probably still go as it is minimal expense.

Will swing by Collectors Firearms while in town - I haven't been since they moved into their new location.
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 11:53:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote

Missed them. Have you talked to Glock?
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 2:14:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
All of the vendors pulling out sucks.
I will probably still go as it is minimal expense.

Will swing by Collectors Firearms while in town - I haven't been since they moved into their new location.
View Quote

Taking a tour of Houston then?
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 3:29:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Posting this from the ARFCOM after party thread.

Quoted:
We are discussing things internally and should have an update in the next 48 hours on the state of the party.

At this time we are aware of the large number of companies who have canceled, as well as others who are making their decisions over the next 24-48 hours. If the companies don't go, less attendees will show, and the NRA may cancel the event entirely.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/24/2021 3:30:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll reach out to Dave and check
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 3:46:44 PM EDT
[#7]
It's cancelledAttachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 4:28:11 PM EDT
[#8]
no surprise, unfortunately
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 5:59:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Just talked to NRA Housing Bureau and they have canceled reservations booked through them.
Emails will be sent out to everyone in next few days to confirm cancelations.

I'm sure they didn't have many options with vendors pulling out left and right. Odds are venue people and their insurance provider providers probably didn't help either.
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 2:23:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Not that I was gonna go, or give much thought to anything NRA related these days, but when the heck are we going to build convention centers away from these democrat squalors and put the money we put into trade show dollars into republican backed bank accounts?

The NRA isn't having a convention in Houston, good. There's a few million dollars Houston and Harris Co won't see.

I don't want to go to downtown Houston, San Antonio, Austin or Dallas for anything. I'm tired of paying thousands of dollars to setup a tradeshow booth and have to deal with shitty union backed tradeshow employees.

I guess you can say well, they are close to the airport or hotels, etc. But are any really close to the airport? And every city always builds it's own "city owned hotel" next door with it's own restaurants.

I know I'm dreaming, but I'm going to keep sowing the seed.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top