Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/11/2021 1:21:54 AM EDT
Other HTF and closer knit groups within a state, county, etc. are forming chat groups on places like Telegraph, Signal, etc. before this place goes under.

Anyone here have an interest, I don’t have enough tech knowledge to pull it off.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 12:03:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I’m down for conversing with like minded people.

But I’m tech-illiterate as well.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 4:09:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm down, even swap an email address

@NMwaterfowler

Anyway to have a "secure" list where members can put an email address or Ph#
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 4:26:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 4:26:16 PM EDT
[#4]
I think for now our best bets are cell apps like signal. It’s available in the Apple App Store and provides end to end encryption. Please remember that this really only provides minimal security. You can be dimed out by the person on the other end.

How to install
Go to the App Store
type in signal in the search bar
Click install
Provide your Apple password

Continue installing by answering the app questions

ETA
India today what is signal?
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 4:30:54 PM EDT
[#5]
By the way, I can’t get AR15.com on the desktop today. I only get it on my cell.

Google is blocking AR15 thread main page GD

From that thread alternative host addresses for AR15
ar15.com. 60 IN A 3.138.255.236
ar15.com. 60 IN A 3.139.193.203
ar15.com. 60 IN A 3.20.37.167

If you are looking at adding that to a hosts file just pick one of those.

EX:

3.13.255.236 ar15.com www.ar15.com
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 5:53:08 PM EDT
[#6]
What a brave new world.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 11:31:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 12:07:17 PM EDT
[#8]
I've downloaded the Telegram app. So far I've found one arfcommer.

I just added _arfcom to the end of my username. This is how we find each other there.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 12:54:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Groups on Signal have been pretty straightforward.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 8:19:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Maybe it’s time for some more nmwtf shirts so we can recognize each other

Sending out the bat signal to @yipykyah_mf
View Quote

I still have a couple, in Fatboy 2XL.  

The printer has been packed up and ready to move to AZ.  I don't think the wife would put up with the $$$ loss she took making those shirts.  

If you guys are worried about comms, think about a 'phone tree' like we used in the Army for recall.  CQ called one guy, and he called those on his branch.  The last person to receive message replied to CQ.  If that branch didn't respond, you knew were the limb was broken.  Eazy-peazy-kill a commie for mommie.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 9:45:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I still have a couple, in Fatboy 2XL.  
View Quote

That's an Arfcom small. How much?
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 8:35:32 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm in.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 1:52:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 8:33:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Ok. So I'm getting things setup to get this going.

I'm setting up a proton email for email exchanges. Email exchanges between two free protonmail account are encrypted. I'll be getting a paid version to allow for ample storage and support.

I'm willing to organize the phone tree if someone can help give some guidance on this.

Just setup a Signal group. Please PM for link.

Link Posted: 1/19/2021 2:04:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

I will send you one when we unpack in AZ.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:18:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Thanks, have a great trip.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:08:58 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 2:34:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

When are you leaving?
You better check every once in a while
View Quote

Soon.  Would have been six months ago if building supplies hadn't dried up due to the Scamdemic.

Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:49:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 12:43:41 AM EDT
[#20]
Damn it’s been a while since I’ve been on the HTF and sounds like things are getting worse. I hadn’t heard of anything being blocked. Safe travels yipykyah_mf. The HTF has gotten smaller and smaller, it’s sad to see.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:33:40 PM EDT
[#21]
I'd like to be in on any NM groups, I'm a land owner and have a lot of family in NM
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 8:50:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Is there a NM ARF Telegram chat?
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 5:06:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would be interested in the other one. I might not fit in it but I could wear it when I’m doing yard work (who am I kidding, I probably will fit in it lol). Let me know if it’s still available please.

This site is an amazing place and I hope in the future some of us can meet up. So sign me up for any type of communication system we deem is necessary.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 9:56:29 PM EDT
[#24]
The motivation for this is astounding. Ok, not really. There's actually a guy who stepped up with a link. Ping him...or don't.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 1:18:46 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
The motivation for this is astounding. Ok, not really. There's actually a guy who stepped up with a link. Ping him...or don't.
View Quote

It’s hard to get people out of their comfort zone. And from reading this thread we still haven’t had a clear and decisive decision on what place we are going to communicate on if shtf. Someone said telegram app, someone said the signal app, and someone said a collection of numbers and one member can be the gate keeper for it.

I’ve downloaded the signal app but stopped when they asked for my phone number. I will most like continue the signing up stage but it was kind of a turn off when the first thing they do is ask for your phone number.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 3:08:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

It’s hard to get people out of their comfort zone. And from reading this thread we still haven’t had a clear and decisive decision on what place we are going to communicate on if shtf. Someone said telegram app, someone said the signal app, and someone said a collection of numbers and one member can be the gate keeper for it.

I’ve downloaded the signal app but stopped when they asked for my phone number. I will most like continue the signing up stage but it was kind of a turn off when the first thing they do is ask for your phone number.
View Quote

Yes, Signal is a capable SMS/MMS app to replace your Googlized/Applized texting apparatus. Look, you're not even residing in NM and want on board, but you're the one reluctant to approach that particular means of communication, but also the one bothering to approach the concept at all (aside from the fellow who actually made a move...bravo). Which is fine, and a potential conversation starter about platforms, but there's that motivation out of a comfort zone thing rearing its head. One either thinks networking in the present is valuable and better done now than after it's much more difficult or meaningless, or he is more worried about their PERSEC on various levels and thinks he's all set. Pick your poison.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 8:29:53 PM EDT
[#27]
I now have Signal, Telegram, Gab, and MeWe.
Does Arf have a NM team on any of those?
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 10:23:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

@bufschnelling

We've got a signal group, currently a team of 2 PM me for the link.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 11:01:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Yes, Signal is a capable SMS/MMS app to replace your Googlized/Applized texting apparatus. Look, you're not even residing in NM and want on board, but you're the one reluctant to approach that particular means of communication, but also the one bothering to approach the concept at all (aside from the fellow who actually made a move...bravo). Which is fine, and a potential conversation starter about platforms, but there's that motivation out of a comfort zone thing rearing its head. One either thinks networking in the present is valuable and better done now than after it's much more difficult or meaningless, or he is more worried about their PERSEC on various levels and thinks he's all set. Pick your poison.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think you might have me confused with someone else because I’m down for whatever we decide. I was just telling you people are prone to not get out of the comfort zone (that is a fact) so it will take some people longer to make that decision to leap. And also I was addressing that we still haven’t really picked one place to communicate like you alluded to. There was 3 options and no one really put their foot down and said this is what we are doing. My comment was trying to help us really figure out what we are doing.

And why do you say I don’t reside in NM? It clearly says it in my profile and right by my name, NM, USA. I’ve been an on and off again resident of New Mexico since my family got stationed here when I was a young kid about 20 years ago. When I was old enough I moved to New York and California and have seen what those shitty politics will get you and of course it’s starting to get like that in New Mexico. New Mexico is a beautiful state with a lot of potential. The hunting and off-roading alone is endless.

I’m totally down to use signal, I even downloaded it. I will be messaging @fmj_shooter for the details. I don’t know why me and you got off on a wrong foot, I wasn’t trying to discourage anyone I was just trying to maybe help push us to figuring this out sooner rather than later. We’ve had this thread going for awhile and there hasn’t been that much enthusiasm about it.

Hope everyone is having a good night
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 11:20:44 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I think you might have me confused with someone else because I’m down for whatever we decide. I was just telling you people are prone to not get out of the comfort zone (that is a fact) so it will take some people longer to make that decision to leap. And also I was addressing that we still haven’t really picked one place to communicate like you alluded to. There was 3 options and no one really put their foot down and said this is what we are doing. My comment was trying to help us really figure out what we are doing.

And why do you say I don’t reside in NM? It clearly says it in my profile and right by my name, NM, USA. I’ve been an on and off again resident of New Mexico since my family got stationed here when I was a young kid about 20 years ago. When I was old enough I moved to New York and California and have seen what those shitty politics will get you and of course it’s starting to get like that in New Mexico. New Mexico is a beautiful state with a lot of potential. The hunting and off-roading alone is endless.

I’m totally down to use signal, I even downloaded it. I will be messaging @fmj_shooter for the details. I don’t know why me and you got off on a wrong foot, I wasn’t trying to discourage anyone I was just trying to maybe help push us to figuring this out sooner rather than later. We’ve had this thread going for awhile and there hasn’t been that much enthusiasm about it.

View Quote

And now we are three.
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 12:20:59 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

Lol, browser zeroed out (Brave) and I came back to the wrong screen name since I expand the screen and can't see avatars when reading on my phone.  And I don't feel that we got off on the wrong foot.  I was expressing a bit of exasperation over the perceived and general avoidance with regard to participation after one member had created a group and extended an invite.  No offense meant.
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 12:21:35 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

And now we are three.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/10/2021 12:22:54 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Lol, browser zeroed out (Brave) and I came back to the wrong screen name since I expand the screen and can't see avatars when reading on my phone.  And I don't feel that we got off on the wrong foot.  I was expressing a bit of exasperation over the perceived and general avoidance with regard to participation after one member had created a group and extended an invite.  No offense meant.
View Quote

None taking brother.
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 1:14:38 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

@bufschnelling

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@bufschnelling

PM sent thanks
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 8:44:26 PM EDT
[#35]
We're gainin'!

Signal App

PM for the invite link.

@stater61
@benw8887
@CJ7365

@NMwaterfowler
@discworld717
@yipykyah_mf
@NMGunslinger
@Freakinout
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 1:11:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
We're gainin'!

Signal App

PM for the invite link.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/399622/Screenshot_20210210-174108_2-1819447.png

@stater61
@benw8887
@CJ7365

@NMwaterfowler
@discworld717
@yipykyah_mf
@NMGunslinger
@Freakinout
View Quote

I downloaded the app, just so I understand it, you can only use this if you have wifi connection with other users?

@fmj_shooter
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 2:48:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I downloaded the app, just so I understand it, you can only use this if you have wifi connection with other users?

@fmj_shooter
View Quote

It's an end-to-end encrypted SMS/MMS platform to replace your standard text app. It uses 4G or WiFi the same way as any text app. It also locks to keep your message threads encrypted and unavailable.
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 3:28:59 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

It's an end-to-end encrypted SMS/MMS platform to replace your standard text app. It uses 4G or WiFi the same way as any text app. It also locks to keep your message threads encrypted and unavailable.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@fmj_shooter

^What Rictus said.

Signal group is 6 strong now. It's turning out to be a convenient way to communicate. Like when you want to talk about the weather
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 3:34:54 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

^What Rictus said.

Signal group is 6 strong now. It's turning out to be a convenient way to communicate. Like when you want to talk about the weather
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

@fmj_shooter

^What Rictus said.

It is good for that. Used it a lot overseas through VPN over WiFi, too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top