Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 6:32:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Ours is open but restricted to the outdoor range only and all events are canceled. I was able to zero a rifle with a new dot sight so that was good.
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 7:45:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ours is open but restricted to the outdoor range only and all events are canceled. I was able to zero a rifle with a new dot sight so that was good.
View Quote
Which range?
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 11:43:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Ours is open to members by reservation only and they are limiting the amount of folks out on it to like 5 at a time or something like that.  Least that's what I recall, I gotta go check now..

Granite State indoor range
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 2:05:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Latest face mask protocol at DHMC is that all employees and visitors are required to wear a cloth face mask when entering any DHMC facility. Medical grade masks are not recommended except for patient care exposure. If someone does not have a cloth mask, one will be provided at the door.
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 9:20:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Which range?
View Quote

Country Pond in Newton, NH
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 10:36:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Executive Order #27 - prohibits short term rentals and hotels from booking to non-essential guests

NH EO #27

Now therefore, pursuant to Section 18 of Executive Order 2020-04 as extended by Executive Order 2020-05 it is  hereby ordered, effective immediately, that:
1. In order to slow the spread of COVID-19, and to promote and secure the safety and protection of the people of New Hampshire, all lodging providers within the State of New Hampshire are hereby restricted to providing lodging for vulnerable populations and essential workers only, as those terms are defined in this Order.
2. For purposes of this Order, lodging providers shall include hotels; motels; bed and breakfasts; inns; and short term rentals such as those made available through VRBO, Homeaway, AirBnb and other services. The term lodging providers shall not include public and private campgrounds, which may remain open.
3. For purposes of this Order, vulnerable populations shall include the following:
a) Children in emergency placements
b) Persons who are victims of or at risk of domestic violence
c) Homeless individuals and families for whom hotels or other lodging accommodations and operations are being used as emergency shelters
d) New Hampshire residents who are self-isolating or self-quarantining
e) Individuals receiving long-term, specialized medical care from a physician or other medical provider located in New Hampshire and accompanying family members
t) Individuals in need of housing, accommodation and shelter due to extenuating circumstances such as fire or casualty
g) Individuals unable to return to their homes outside of New Hampshire due to flight cancellations, border closures, or other direct and material constraints on travel.
4. For purposes of this Order, essential workers shall include any person employed by a business or organization that qualifies as an essential business pursuant to Emergency Or<lc,r # 17 and Exhibit A thereto.
5. On-line reservations shall be suspended, and lodging providers shall post a prominent notice on their web platforms to advise potential guests that reservations for lodging in New Hampshire, as allowed by this Order, shall be accepted by phone only.
6. Lodging providers may permit existing guests to remain through the end of their scheduled stay but may not allow stay extensions or new reservations, except for the purposes permitted in this Order.
7. The Division of Public Health and State or local police shall have the authority to enforce this Order.
8. This Order shall remain in effect until May 4, 2020.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/7/2020 12:15:28 PM EDT
[#7]
They are still booking DMV appointments.
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 12:36:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Needed some basics so this morning I went to the coop in Lebanon during Olde Timer Shopping Time (~8:30am)

I would have gone elsewhere but there is a liquor store next door so it's convenient. Except the friggin liquor store doesn't open until 11!

Anyway, the parking lot was nearly full and there were quite a few of us geezers inside the store. Almost every customer was masked up. Mostly cloth, very few N95s. I was N95ed, gloves and eye pro. I didn't see anybody else with gloves and eye pro, which I found surprising.

I was able to get almost everything I wanted. There was not a single square of TP in the entire store. No paper napkins. Very few rolls of paper towels. The cleaning supplies were picked over pretty well. Lots of big holes where stuff used to be. There was almost no flour. Only a handful of little bags. Lots of meat and fish, fresh produce was well stocked.

Most people were conscious of spacing, but there were a few clueless idiots, as one might expect.

I'm learning that it's a ton more work coming home with a bunch of groceries when you need to Steramine the hell out of everything before you bring it inside. What a PITA.
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 3:05:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Same here,

Eyepro is mandatory for EMS calls we go on now. I was one of the very few wearing it for my grocery store run today.
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 6:09:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Same here,

Eyepro is mandatory for EMS calls we go on now. I was one of the very few wearing it for my grocery store run today.
View Quote

I was the only one with a mask when I hit the local store Tuesday night. I dropped something and one of their employees, who was whining to another about being at risk so the store should be closed, ran over to pick it up and hand it to me.
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 3:32:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I was the only one with a mask when I hit the local store Tuesday night. I dropped something and one of their employees, who was whining to another about being at risk so the store should be closed, ran over to pick it up and hand it to me.
View Quote

Huh from that profile pic I would have never guessed you were a little old lady
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 3:25:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I'm in. I'll post anything I become aware of here. I'm in the Franconia Notch area.

View Quote

I’m right up near Littleton.
Link Posted: 4/15/2020 2:00:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Seems to be pretty quiet down here in the highest taxed town/city of the state... Ready for this to slow down enough so I can get back to work. At least I have the time to complete a couple builds.
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 3:54:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Well schools are now officially closed for the year. This should make things very interesting for parents with young children when they try to return to work.
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 4:14:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Well schools are now officially closed for the year. This should make things very interesting for parents with young children when they try to return to work.
View Quote
Did they announce that today?
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 4:21:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Did they announce that today?
View Quote

Yeah at the presser today for the Governor
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 4:22:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Yeah at the presser today for the Governor
View Quote
We knew this was coming. Did the gov also extend the SIH order?
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 4:26:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
We knew this was coming. Did the gov also extend the SIH order?
View Quote

No he was asked about it since its 2 weeks away and people would like to be able to prepare. He was kinda soft on it and said they are still looking at things.
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 4:46:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Time to open everything up !

Now the hospital workers are being told to use Covid19 as cause of death even if not the cause.

Less dead than the common flu .

OPEN AMERICA
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 9:05:46 AM EDT
[#20]
Of course I didn't get this email until right now and I can't make it today on short notice, but maybe some of you can.
I realize not everyone will agree that we should be reopening businesses yet, and some think we should be.
I'm not trying to start that debate. That's probably a better debate in GD, but
if you do think it's time to reopen, please consider signing the petition and/or attending the rally.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/19/2020 8:56:43 AM EDT
[#21]
Anybody here go to the protest in Concord? Did everybody cough on everybody else?
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 4:03:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Great. Just great. They've closed the Hanover Country Club for the year.

We're descending into anarchy!
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 7:59:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Great. Just great. They've closed the Hanover Country Club for the year.

We're descending into anarchy!
View Quote

Grafton County Fish and Game closed down about a month ago, until an undetermined time.  I've not seen more that 3 other people shooting each time I've been there, so I'm a little peeved.  I'll probably look for another range.
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 11:17:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Grafton County Fish and Game closed down about a month ago, until an undetermined time.  I've not seen more that 3 other people shooting each time I've been there, so I'm a little peeved.  I'll probably look for another range.
View Quote
Grafton County F&G management makes some weird decisions. Especially in the last 10 years or so. When I was a member I mostly shot by myself as well. Not sure if they're open, but Woodstock, VT has an awesome range (surprisingly) and membership is reasonable.
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 9:03:38 AM EDT
[#25]
The latest from Dartmouth college. They're remaining closed to on-campus classes and activities til fall at least.
------------------------
From: Provost Joseph Helble  Sent: Monday, April 20, 2020 2:01 PM
Subject: COVID-19: Important Campus Update

To the community,

Over the past month, in the face of so many changes that have come to Dartmouth, we have frequently been asked whether it might still be possible to preserve the residential term we know as "sophomore summer."  We have heard from alumni and older students alike how fondly they recall this particular experience. That is one important reason why we waited as long as we could to make a decision about the summer term, giving ourselves the chance to assess the evolution of the COVID-19 pandemic and see whether we could find a way to enable undergraduates to return to campus, to live in our residence halls, and to join one another in our classrooms. We waited as long as was practical to find out whether the spread of the virus had peaked, whether the predictive modeling matched the data, and whether state and federal governments could offer updated guidance that might allow residential education to resume.

Unfortunately, after several weeks of careful consideration, we have concluded that the facts are not in our favor. Students come to our campus from all over the country and the world, many from areas where the number of cases continues to increase. The number of new cases diagnosed daily in the U.S. has not yet begun to diminish, and even assuming full, sustained adherence to social distancing through next month, current modeling does not give us confidence that we will be sufficiently close to global containment by June. Personal protective equipment and testing also remain in short supply. A residential summer term relying on social distancing and severe restrictions on activities and gatherings would pose a significant public health risk to our students and to our faculty and staff, their families, and the Upper Valley community.

Put simply, given the continuing progression of the disease, a wide geographic disparity in its containment, the continuing lack of adequate testing capability, and no widespread effective treatment, with the health and safety of our community being of paramount importance we cannot offer a residential summer term. We have therefore made the decision that the 2020 summer term will be a full remote-learning term.  No in-person classes will be held.

We understand how disappointing this decision will be for our sophomores, who have been anticipating this experience for the past two years. We are very sorry that they will not be able to be on campus this summer. Members of the current sophomore class will therefore, if they wish, have the opportunity to change their D-Plan to be on campus for the summer of 2021, joining next year's sophomores in Hanover.

We also understand that this decision will disappoint many of our faculty and staff, who are also being asked to continue distance learning for another term.
They have wholeheartedly embraced a spring term of remote teaching and were looking forward to the return of a vibrant residential student community.

Because we cannot comfortably offer residential educational experiences this summer, all athletic camps and on-campus residential summer programs have also been canceled. In addition, we have decided to close the Hanover Country Club for the season and will return all membership fees. The Hopkins Center will also remain closed through August, with programming continuing through Hop@Home online experiences only.

At this time, there are no additional changes related to on-campus operations.
Therefore, following the guidance of the governors of New Hampshire and Vermont, we are asking staff and faculty to continue to work remotely when possible, consistent with arrangements they have worked out with their supervisors.  Over the course of late spring and early summer, as allowed by any updates to state and federal guidance, we expect to begin exploring options for the partial ramping up of on-campus operations. To all employees, we will keep you updated in the coming months as these conversations progress. To those employees who remain working on campus, we extend our gratitude and appreciation.

With summer term decisions now made, our COVID-19 task force and the members of its various working groups have turned their attention to identifying possible scenarios for fall term, remaining attentive to emerging data on disease progression, predictive modeling, and federal and state recommendations. I thank them for their continued diligence in this ever-shifting environment. We will keep the community informed as our evaluation of different options progresses.

This has not been the spring term that I nor any of us imagined we would experience just a few months ago, and now the same must be said of summer. This kind of change, of such extraordinary magnitude and in such a short period of time, is challenging for every member of our community. But as I have said so often these past two months, I remain inspired by the way our faculty and staff have remained focused on our students' education, and how our students have responded with understanding and compassion for the faculty and staff working on their behalf. These collective efforts and sacrifices, while difficult for all, are keeping our families, friends, and neighbors safe. As we continue on, I remain grateful for the resilience, creativity, compassion, and support of our extraordinary Dartmouth community.

Sincerely,

Joseph Helble
Provost
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 6:11:14 AM EDT
[#26]
Not sure where you guys live but when GC shut down a few years ago I joined Precision valley in Perkinsville VT. They have a 200-300 Yard rifle range and the usual 50yd pistol range. Skeet as well but you need your own pigeon thrower.

$60 a year membership. Print the form off the website and mail it in.

I will mention that Tuesdays are 300 yard days however if no one is shooting 300 you can use the rest of the range as normal.
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 10:26:15 AM EDT
[#27]
I drive by there almost daily on my way to work and will say it is a decent little spot. It is also pretty active. I usually see people there every day when the weather is decent. I think I should seriously consider membership there as I also have been looking at Fort No. 4, in Charlestown, as it is close as well.
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 12:48:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Not sure where you guys live but when GC shut down a few years ago I joined Precision valley in Perkinsville VT. They have a 200-300 Yard rifle range and the usual 50yd pistol range. Skeet as well but you need your own pigeon thrower.

$60 a year membership. Print the form off the website and mail it in.

I will mention that Tuesdays are 300 yard days however if no one is shooting 300 you can use the rest of the range as normal.
View Quote

I've only been at GC for a couple months now. Moved to the area, had a couple guns to sight in, and it's 10min from where I work. Precision Valley is an hour from where I live, which makes it hard to bite the bullet on that.
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 9:53:32 AM EDT
[#29]
There's another rally in Concord tomorrow, for anyone interested.
I'll be there with my State Rep.

https://reopennh.com/rally/
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 9:13:31 AM EDT
[#30]
196 new cases for today's numbers! That's almost twice the highest single day increase so far. Also +9 deaths.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 9:38:09 AM EDT
[#31]
Am I reading this right? Item 3 under "Consumer Protection", that we will now be have to wear a mask
going into any retail location?

https://www.governor.nh.gov/news-media/stay-at-home/documents/20200501-retail.pdf
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 11:07:08 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By tifosi:
Am I reading this right? Item 3 under "Consumer Protection", that we will now be have to wear a mask
going into any retail location?

https://www.governor.nh.gov/news-media/stay-at-home/documents/20200501-retail.pdf
View Quote

I am seeing should not must.

"Customers should wear cloth face coverings at all times when inside the store. Signage and staff should request this before customers enter the store."
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 10:27:31 AM EDT
[#33]
Check out this Covid growth map done by Dartmouth. Looks like NH's highest growth region is expanding.

WhuFlu growth map
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 9:56:08 AM EDT
[#34]
https://www.bitchute.com/video/ngqBwofW6NZ5/
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 9:57:11 AM EDT
[#35]
https://www.bitchute.com/video/Lm0ildIz3eQ1/
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 9:57:51 AM EDT
[#36]
Are they tyrannical enough yet ?
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 10:04:31 AM EDT
[#37]
Interesting note from Dartmouth:

"Beginning Monday, May 11, all Dartmouth employees who will be on campus must be screened daily for COVID-19 symptoms before they start work. The new rules are included in the state of New Hampshire's guidance from the Governor's Economic Reopening Task Force and apply to all New Hampshire employers."
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 10:44:41 AM EDT
[#38]
Yeah, it's in his "Stay at Home 2.0" guidelines.

https://www.governor.nh.gov/news-media/stay-at-home/documents/20200501-universal.pdf

According to that, every employee is supposed to be screened daily and wear a mask while at work.
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 9:57:45 AM EDT
[#39]
Sununu says possibly 2 more months of "lockdown".
Says we're essentially just a "suburb of Boston".
Says there is "no rationale for undoing the [stay at home] orders".

https://www.insidesources.com/sununu-lockdown-may-last-a-couple-more-months/
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 11:54:53 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By tifosi:
Sununu says possibly 2 more months of "lockdown". 
Says we're essentially just a "suburb of Boston". 
Says there is "no rationale for undoing the [stay at home] orders". 

https://www.insidesources.com/sununu-lockdown-may-last-a-couple-more-months/
View Quote

squishy b o i
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 12:24:57 PM EDT
[#41]
It'd be great to keep politics out of this. It's meant to be more of an information clearing house, if you will.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 10:27:34 AM EDT
[#42]
Interesting (and short) article about potential effects of a second wave in NH.

concord monitor article
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 3:25:51 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Interesting (and short) article about potential effects of a second wave in NH.

concord monitor article
View Quote

Great.  I've been hearing about the doom and devastation for over 4 months now.
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 8:18:20 PM EDT
[#44]
Personally I was pretty concerned about this when it first came up but now I think it's a giant crock of shit. If you don't have serious health concerns then you'll be fine. Continue to isolate the elderly (nursing homes) and open everything back up to 100%. Get kids back to school and lets get through this.

^^^^^ Just my opinion and worth what you paid for it.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top