Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/28/2020 7:59:35 PM EDT
I'm toying with the idea of setting up a trust for a suppresser. Does anyone know of a good NFA lawyer in the NETN area?
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 11:28:37 AM EDT
[#1]
If you are going to use Silencer Shop for your purchase then their trust they offer is not bad.
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 6:54:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I got my Trust done in Nashville and I live in Chattanooga.  I would have to look in my safe to see his name and contact info.  If you want it I will go look for it.
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 7:38:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Instead of starting my own thread I may just piggyback on yours and ask if anyone in TN has bought from silencershop or other online can-sellers and used a local guy to transfer it.

What exactly does that process look like? Silencershop lists a guy within ~15 miles of me, and they're certainly cheaper than the local shop. I need another can.

Link Posted: 1/3/2021 2:54:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Instead of starting my own thread I may just piggyback on yours and ask if anyone in TN has bought from silencershop or other online can-sellers and used a local guy to transfer it.

What exactly does that process look like? Silencershop lists a guy within ~15 miles of me, and they're certainly cheaper than the local shop. I need another can.

View Quote

Buy from SS.  Upload docs and photo.  Go to SS kisok at dealer you are using for transfer and do finger prints.  And wait.......keep waiting....wait some more.......get call from transfer dealer and pick up after 4473 and background check.  SS will do the transfer paperwork as well as your form 4 to the FBATFE.  You will get emails when the Form 3 transfer clears and ships to your dealer and when the check cashes if you used them to pay for your stamp.  

Real simple and transfer dealer sets price.  So if you have more than one then make sure you check out the price of each one in the area.  There should be no charge to use the kisok for fingerprints.
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 10:34:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Buy from SS.  Upload docs and photo.  Go to SS kisok at dealer you are using for transfer and do finger prints.  And wait.......keep waiting....wait some more.......get call from transfer dealer and pick up after 4473 and background check.  SS will do the transfer paperwork as well as your form 4 to the FBATFE.  You will get emails when the Form 3 transfer clears and ships to your dealer and when the check cashes if you used them to pay for your stamp.  

Real simple and transfer dealer sets price.  So if you have more than one then make sure you check out the price of each one in the area.  There should be no charge to use the kisok for fingerprints.
View Quote

There are several here, but one is closest, of course. But I may just do that. I really want to get another can in the pipeline asap.
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 5:29:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

I bought a 22lr suppressor from a local place but it was ran through a SS kiosk and everything was very easy.  Got an email that SS had gotten a YHM Turbo K back in stock so I ordered it a few weeks ago. Because SS had all my info, including the trust I bought from them, all they wanted this time was the online signature which they emailed to me. They take care of notifying LEO and everything. Definitely recommend using SS but would look for one that does have the kiosk.
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 9:25:16 PM EDT
[#7]
PM sent.
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 5:46:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the info, guys.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top