Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/24/2023 12:33:12 PM EDT
I have an item that needs to be engraved. Are there any quality establishments in Snohomish county that can do this work? Considering the AWB, will it need to be done while I wait (which is my preference anyway)?

I am considering Pacific Armament. Anyone have engraving experience with them?

Thanks!

~Icarus
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 12:45:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Esstac can do it
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 3:14:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you, mk4dubbin.

As it turns out, ESSTAC stopped engraving and referred me to Pacific Armament.

Any other referrals out there?
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 4:18:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I know you specify Snohomish county, but if you are willing to travel to Kent, I have had very good experiences with Hyperion Precision.  During his office hours, he will engrave while you wait.
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 7:36:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thank you, mk4dubbin.

As it turns out, ESSTAC stopped engraving and referred me to Pacific Armament.

Any other referrals out there?
View Quote
Pac Arms Corp in Marysville is good people.  I've got a few of their lasered mags and they look great.  I assume they will laser the lower as well
They've been pretty busy though lately

Link Posted: 4/24/2023 7:41:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I know you specify Snohomish county, but if you are willing to travel to Kent, I have had very good experiences with Hyperion Precision.  During his office hours, he will engrave while you wait.
View Quote

Hyperion is good to go. I had them do a couple SBR's a few years back. They are a top tier outfit. I lived in Snohomish at the time, and the drive was well worth it. He did it on a Saturday while I waited. Actually, as I watched. Cool computer laser process.
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 7:54:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Olympic Laser Engraving in Bellevue is also good to go.
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 8:00:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

This right here.
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 8:35:24 PM EDT
[#8]
I can recommend pacific armament as I have had a couple items laser engraved there. Engraving looks good and was smaller than I expected which was a bonus.
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 9:55:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Yes, pacific armament did one for me and the engraving is absolutely perfect.
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 10:26:41 PM EDT
[#10]
So do they turn in your info to the FEDS after engraving?
Link Posted: 4/25/2023 12:19:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Cannot recommend Hyperion more highly! He's done a few SBR's and my prototype clone.
Link Posted: 4/25/2023 2:44:30 AM EDT
[#12]
You own the firearm already. They are not transferring it to you unless this is one of the stupid ghost gun bill and your late to getting it engraved.
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 3:00:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Don’t have PAC Arms engrave inside the magwell lip

Link Posted: 4/26/2023 3:11:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Spent Case Coatings  does engraving     South East Snohomish county.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 11:27:16 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Don’t have PAC Arms engrave inside the magwell lip
View Quote

Why is that? My lower is currently sitting in their shop... to have it engraved there.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 3:55:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Why is that? My lower is currently sitting in their shop... to have it engraved there.
View Quote

His engraver doesn’t clamp around that part very well. At least that’s what he told me when I picked it up and he explained to me that it slipped and gouged up the cerakote. (FDE lower)

Wished I’d have known that when I dropped it off, but he (engraver) wasn’t there. you should call and ask about it. Oh, never mind. They are usually too busy to answer the phone.

I’ve had other lowers engraved inside the magwell with no problems, at other shops.
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 10:12:19 AM EDT
[#17]
Thank you all for the referrals. Thanks TheKurnal, for the heads up.

I spoke with Josh at Pacific Armament. He mentioned that the inner mag well lip could potentially cause issues with wear on the engraving. Whether that is true or the clamping issue still true, or both, I decided a different spot would be best. I ended up changing the location to the typical side of receiver.

The engraving came out great. I thought I'd be a little annoyed by having the engraving visible, but I found that I quite like it. Odd.

Thanks, all!
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 2:07:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Magwell edge engraving is probably is probably fine it your not beating up your rifle. Of course it depends on the depth you want. My 50W laser I can get pretty deep hitting it many times.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top