Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/27/2020 3:07:48 PM EDT
Can anyone recommend a good local trophy/jewelery shop that can handle a few Form 1 engravings for me? I would like to have the work done quickly and don't want to ship anything off if at all possible. Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 10:19:18 AM EDT
[#1]
If you cannot find anything in your area, look up Innovative Arms in Elgin.  See if Phil can set you up an appointment where he can knock it out as you wait.  He’s appointment only now since he had so many old retired guys just showing up to drink coffee and shoot the shit.  He literally had to put up an 8’ tall fence with a lock to keep them out.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 4:59:03 PM EDT
[#2]
THSF in Matthews, NC is about the same distance as Innovative Arms in Elgin.  I used THSF last month.  They were more flexible on scheduling local appointments than Innovative Arms was when I contacted IA in 2018.  THSF still offers more engraving options than IA, if you need more font choice or engraving locations like the trigger area.

Don't take this as a knock on IA.  I've not used them yet.  But I may on my next Form 1 build.  Elgin is much less of a drive for me.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 8:35:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Phil uses a dot matrix punch engraver for hard items and laser for aluminum.
He did a good job on my MP5 and if I didn’t point it out, you might have a hard time finding it.  
Now ECCO Machine did my Form 1 can and it’s true cut out engraving.  A true work of art.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 9:45:54 AM EDT
[#4]
@BubbaShootz

Perhaps he'll chime in about that place in Indian Head NC where he goes to have his engraving done. I've tagged along with him and it's really neat to watch them put an image on a computer then watch the laser do its thing.

In...and...out.
Link Posted: 6/10/2020 8:12:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Tar Heel State Firearms is the folks I use.....
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 9:14:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Other than Phil in Camden, do we have anybody in SC that does NFA engraving?  I’ve had a few done in Lexington at the place in the BILO shopping center, the name escapes me. But the guy died and the new management doesn’t do it now.

I’ve been looking at laser engravers and contemplating purchasing one. Trying to determine the level of need. I definitely don’t want to end up engraving ladies Yeti cups trying to pay for the machine.  With my SOT 02 kicking in July 1, I’m looking for additional services to offer.
Link Posted: 6/20/2020 8:03:02 AM EDT
[#7]
If you are in the North August area, 144 Firearms does the dot matrix engraving.  You can find him online, but he is a home based FFL so you have to make an appointment with him.
Link Posted: 6/20/2020 9:49:58 AM EDT
[#8]
there is a guy who does laser engraving on old furnace in Boiling springs
Link Posted: 6/25/2020 5:25:03 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a pentograph engraver. I have done 2 and I have let 2 other guys use it to engrave their AR's. You're welcome to come over and use it.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/25/2020 6:57:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a pentograph engraver. I have done 2 and I have let 2 other guys use it to engrave their AR's. You're welcome to come over and use it.
View Quote

By any chance did you acquire that from Gerard Millers estate?

Hope you are doing well in the upstate.
Link Posted: 6/25/2020 7:03:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hello Dave! I'm well and waiting on paperwork for an Uzi. I got the engraver from work several years ago before it hit the dumpster.
Link Posted: 6/25/2020 7:39:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Hello Dave! I'm well and waiting on paperwork for an Uzi. I got the engraver from work several years ago before it hit the dumpster.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice snag on the machine, they can produce great looking markings, Gerard engraved my MP5 clone with one just a couple months before he passed. Congrats on the Uzi too.

The OP would do well to take you up on your generous offer!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top