Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/8/2023 11:24:33 PM EDT
To me it is worse than the first. More features added and now you get 1 year to register with the NMDPS. There are more exemptions but, now .50 cal rifles and ammo now must be registered. I just skimmed it. Have a good read

HB101CPS
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 11:48:23 PM EDT
[#1]
So the legislature believes law enforcement and retired law enforcement have more rights and value their lives more than ordinary citizens.

They’ve effectively cut off millions of acres of recreation to someone that wanted to shoot on NF, BLM, or state land.

I just don’t see how even the rural dem legislators would/could support this.  Maybe I am wrong.  I probably am.
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 12:00:19 AM EDT
[#2]
They don't give a shit. Thank everyone who voted for the democraps. I will publish the list of how each one votes in the House and the Senate.
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 12:48:24 PM EDT
[#3]
At this point, why do we even have a state/fed constitution?
Absolutely useless.
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 5:35:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Section 8 is interesting.

If I understand it, it provides qualified immunity for LEOs in this specific context. It is my understanding they currently do not enjoy that protection in other situations.
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 9:33:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Wait, they are planning to publish the full list on their website? That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard of...
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 3:13:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Section 8 is interesting.

If I understand it, it provides qualified immunity for LEOs in this specific context. It is my understanding they currently do not enjoy that protection in other situations.
View Quote

Yes. Of course they have removed qualified immunity for all LE actions in the state but, now they give LE qualified immunity so they cannot be sued or charged for violating civil rights. That in and of itself looks very shifty.  I think a judge wouild not like that at all. Self serving is what I see.
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 7:11:11 PM EDT
[#7]
It's my understanding that the Washington AWB that was just passed at a TRO in place partly because of equal protection clause issues with carveouts for LEOs.
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 8:33:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Question, let's say these bill's do flop, how often are these bill's voted on? That is, will they come up again next year, or next few years?
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 8:47:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Question, let's say these bill's do flop, how often are these bill's voted on? That is, will they come up again next year, or next few years?
View Quote

I'm sure someone will file them every session. The stuff that they don't get this go around will be filed again, HB50 was the exact same one from last year. This is one of those things we have to win every time, they only have to win occasionally. Say they remove the .50 ban from this bill to get it passed, it will show up next year anyway, same with the magazine language that is currently missing.

Up until recently, we have been left alone as far as gun control goes, this is probably our new future.
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 8:55:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Wait, they are planning to publish the full list on their website? That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard of...
View Quote

I assume they are going to use it to bureaucratically expand the list of prohibited items, even if they do not fit the definitions in the bill. Kinda like "bumpstocks are machineguns" even though they're not.
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 9:15:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I'm sure someone will file them every session. The stuff that they don't get this go around will be filed again, HB50 was the exact same one from last year. This is one of those things we have to win every time, they only have to win occasionally. Say they remove the .50 ban from this bill to get it passed, it will show up next year anyway, same with the magazine language that is currently missing.

Up until recently, we have been left alone as far as gun control goes, this is probably our new future.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Somebody said it best in the GD thread about NM gun control bills.

We have a communist problem in our state government. The demoncrats of yesteryear are going extinct & they’re being replaced with a harder left-leaning, down right communist attitude demoncrat. Yet the people who vote these assholes in to office don’t bother to pay attention to who they’re voting for, as long as there is a D behind their name, they’re in.

How else can you explain a 30% catholic population voting & accepting to be the abortion capital of the US? Ignorance is bliss.
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 9:29:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

So perhaps we should/could create a few bill's for us? Maybe we can get a few through to get them off our backs.
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 9:44:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

So perhaps we should/could create a few bill's for us? Maybe we can get a few through to get them off our backs.
View Quote

That would be great.

Historically, there hasn't been a need for pro-gun bills since there weren't any restrictions. CCW stuff was really the only thing that needed addressed. There was a permit-less carry bill in the HCPAC, of course that died there.

I am vehemently opposed to all of this, but IMO, our best bet is for all this bullshit to pass then be struck down in court while they seem to favor our position. I doubt that would prevent future attempts, but it would probably make them less egregious, and provide precedence for lawsuits going foreword.

IANAL so maybe I'm wrong.

Link Posted: 2/10/2023 10:13:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

That would be great.

Historically, there hasn't been a need for pro-gun bills since there weren't any restrictions. CCW stuff was really the only thing that needed addressed. There was a permit-less carry bill in the HCPAC, of course that died there.

I am vehemently opposed to all of this, but IMO, our best bet is for all this bullshit to pass then be struck down in court while they seem to favor our position. I doubt that would prevent future attempts, but it would probably make them less egregious, and provide precedence for lawsuits going foreword.

IANAL so maybe I'm wrong.

View Quote

I've heard that NM is a 2A sanctuary by county, but not state. Although I have doubts that our Governor would sign a 2A sanctuary bill , but we can at least keep pushing it.
Link Posted: 2/11/2023 12:04:12 AM EDT
[#15]
Most counties are “2A Sanctuary” minus the few metropolitan type areas/counties.

Not sure if it really means anything though.
Link Posted: 2/11/2023 3:23:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Most counties are “2A Sanctuary” minus the few metropolitan type areas/counties.

Not sure if it really means anything though.
View Quote

It's not a bad thing, but it's no protection against the state cops either.
Link Posted: 2/11/2023 11:31:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

It's not a bad thing, but it's no protection against the state cops either.
View Quote

The State Police showed their hand during Covid when they did the Governors bidding with fucking with business owners that did not shut down their stores. The State Police chose their dental plan over liberty.
This is why it is so important to support our pro 2nd Sheriffs, they stand between them and us.
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 12:04:38 AM EDT
[#18]
We have more NMSP than we want down here, do you guys up north need some?
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 12:10:07 PM EDT
[#19]
I guess the only thing we can do is hope that someone upholds the Constitution (or get more lobbyist) and strikes down the bill.
But worst case scenario, I wonder if we can get our local sheriff's to deputize everyone, at least everyone who wants their 2A rights.
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 11:50:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

The State Police showed their hand during Covid when they did the Governors bidding with fucking with business owners that did not shut down their stores. The State Police chose their dental plan over liberty.
This is why it is so important to support our pro 2nd Sheriffs, they stand between them and us.
View Quote

Yep.

At the height of the lockdown, in early 2020 (April 1st I think it was)  -- when most folks couldn't even renew their licenses due to nowhere to buy them and the general confusion and government shutdowns at the time -- the state had the fucking fish cops out giving tickets to everyone fishing out of the irrigation ditch behind my house.

Never seen them before and never seen them since.  But boy howdy did they give a lot of tickets -- the whole community was out fishing cuz there was literally nothing else to do. And 7/10 of them didn't have a valid license, since last year's expired the day before and they didn't know how to get another.

Priorities. The state has theirs.
Link Posted: 2/14/2023 11:21:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Scheduled for Judiciary Committee Fri 17Feb
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 1:23:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Some thing I emailed committee members, feel free to copy and paste and email them, only takes a few minutes.
Email:
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

Hello,

I am writing to you today to express my concern about HB 100 and HB101. I am strongly urging you to please vote against them. These bills would do nothing to protect the law bidding citizens, in fact it would limit their ability to defend themselves against a criminal who ignores such laws.
I fear that this is only a political stunt, for those who would further their career simply by passing feel-good laws that only compound the problem.  
Why mass shootings happen:
Mental Health (those who want to make everyone suffer like them).
Firearms that are stored incorrectly. (Addressed in a previous bill)
         Social Media (Makes the person feel worse because of the lies and bullies).
Movies & TV (large amounts of gun violence in movies, TV and games).

They don’t let movies characters smoke anymore because it may look cool, and influence children. But are we to believe that violence and revenge don’t look cool to children? The fact that Hollywood and the government have admitted that depictions of smoking in the media influence young people to smoke and yet gun violence in the media is ignored, isn’t really surprising. Hollywood is the wokest place on earth in every other area of social responsibility, but when it comes to the unbridled romanticization of gun violence – crickets.

I think it is important to compare “gun violence” to drug overdoses. More than 108,000 people in the U.S. died of drug overdoses between February 2021 and February 2022. Of those, more than 70% involved fentanyl and other synthetic opioids (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention).
It started with meth labs scattered throughout the U.S. that had moved to Mexico. These labs, evolved into “super labs” that received precursor ingredients directly from China, a relationship that continues today. Today, chemicals used to make fentanyl are almost entirely sold to Mexican drug cartels by China. The cartels then package the fentanyl into other drugs like Xanax and Adderall, and ship them to the U.S. to be sold on the black market.

Show us you can block the flow of fentanyl from criminal cartels operating black markets at our border state, because these guns that you would deny law bidding citizens will flow in next.

Thanks for your time.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top