Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/8/2018 8:37:36 AM EDT
Any recommendations for a local bank or credit union in NE Dallas? Greenville ave/walnut hill/abrams area.
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 7:52:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Banks are a necessary evil. One thing my current bank does that pisses me off is that fees and services change if you don't respond to their junk mail. When I call to ask WTF, they say I did not respond to their notifications.

Good Luck
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 9:51:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Dang, never heard of those fees. Plenty of banks around have "free" checking if you can meet the required minimums.

Every credit union that I've stepped into in the greater Houston area, has are posted 30.06

And while WF gets a deserved bad rap, they are not posted and are national which helps when I move and it's easy for me to not have any fees with them.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 10:21:30 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't have any recommendations for you but I would say don't even consider a bank and just find a credit union.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 11:49:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Dang, never heard of those fees. Plenty of banks around have "free" checking if you can meet the required minimums.

Every credit union that I've stepped into in the greater Houston area, has are posted 30.06

And while WF gets a deserved bad rap, they are not posted and are national which helps when I move and it's easy for me to not have any fees with them.
View Quote
- I missed the opportunity to have my bank not mail statements for checking, savings and IRA because I

did not respond to a mailer. I do not trust the mail.
- I missed free checks because I did not respond to a mailer. I don't write many checks these days

anyway.
- The banks now charge for change (coin) deposits at a given percentage, even with a commercial

account.
- Annual fee for a safe deposit box

I have not bank shopped for decades. Maybe I should start.

We use WF for business. No complaints.

Citi is a criminal organization in my opinion.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 2:04:36 PM EDT
[#5]
I've been happy with Credit Union of Texas.  Not a ton of locations like a big bank, but spread out enough.  It's not like I have to stop in too often except when my debit card was worn. I stopped in and got a new one in a few minutes.

https://www.cutx.org/Locations/
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 2:21:09 PM EDT
[#6]
We've been real happy with Resource One, but it's probably not close enough for you. Downtown, Centerville Rd, Mesquite, I-30 and St Francis.

We have our business account through them, they've given me tickets for suite seats at the Mavericks games and we got some great seats for the Stars game last year. I have a personal account there and have a car financed through them. Kinda surprised me on the car loan, I never set foot in the bank. We did it all via the phone and computer.
Link Posted: 12/27/2018 2:26:08 AM EDT
[#7]
American National Bank of Texas  
Good people at the branches.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top