Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/25/2018 8:42:08 PM EDT
https://www.newsobserver.com/latest-news/article219747800.html

https://www.citizen-times.com/story/news/local/2018/10/23/nc-supreme-court-chris-anglin-anita-earls-barbara-jackson-vie-seat/1727397002/

State judicial elections don't get a lot of attention, and I think it's likely that many don't make an informed decision when voting in these races.  Seems there are some shenanigans afoot with the race for the Supreme Court Associate Justice seat this cycle.  Anglin is running as a republican candidate for the court.  He was a registered democrat until just prior to his filing for office, and has a democratic consultant managing his campaign.  He has limited legal experience and no judicial experience.  This will be the first time party affiliations are listed on the ballot and there's a very good chance that the republican vote will be split.  The democrats already have a 4-3 majority on the court.

Take a moment to spread the word, and make sure your friends and family are informed when they vote.
Link Posted: 10/28/2018 2:34:30 PM EDT
[#1]
please give us your picks.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 10:51:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
please give us your picks.
View Quote
It looks like Barbara Jackson, the Incumbent, is the only ACTUAL Republican in the race.  The Democrats sacrificed one of their judges to switch parties to the Republicans and try to split the Republican vote.  Sneaky little turds on the Left.  Just vote for the BJ.
Link Posted: 10/30/2018 7:39:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Check GRNC.org for their recommendations... Barbara Jackson is one, Chuck Kitchen, Andrew Heath, Jefferson Griffin is another.

https://www.grnc.org/remember-in-november/2018-grnc-candidate-recommendations
Link Posted: 10/30/2018 8:24:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Great, I'm in NC Senate District 12.  GRNC forgot to make a recommendation there.
Link Posted: 10/30/2018 8:33:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Great, I'm in NC Senate District 12.  GRNC forgot to make a recommendation there.
View Quote
Well it’s a safe wager that you shouldn’t vote Democrat.

I would advise voting R when in doubt.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 11:51:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
In NC Senate District 12 the NRA gave the Democrat Candidate, Jean Sivoli am "F" rating - meaning "True Enemy of Gun Owners".

The Republican Candidate, James A. Burgin received an NRA rating of "AQ" - A pro-gun candidate whose rating is based solely on the candidate's responses to the NRA-PVF Candidate Questionnaire.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 10:08:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

It looks like Barbara Jackson, the Incumbent, is the only ACTUAL Republican in the race.  The Democrats sacrificed one of their judges to switch parties to the Republicans and try to split the Republican vote.  Sneaky little turds on the Left.  Just vote for the BJ.
View Quote
Democrat strategy worked -Jackson lost
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top