Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/12/2020 4:09:58 PM EDT
Hello,

I'm planing on moving to NC over the summer with the family.  I'm just trying to see if you all have any firearm restrictions down there.

Finally, an opportunity to escape from being behind "the iron curtain".

I think everything is good to go in the great state of NC but I want to double check.  Any issues with NFA items etc?

Thank you all in advance for the guidance.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 5:50:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Where are you coming from ?.... If you have NFA stuff its not that bad where you lived..

Laws here are pretty darn good overall for now... The key is the communist are moving out of the crap holes they created down here...

So take it for whats its worth.. look at Va right now..
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 6:05:34 PM EDT
[#2]
No real restrictions. Old Jim Crow laws still on the books that require you to get a pistol purchase permit or have your carry license to buy pistols.

MG's, cans and SBR's are fair game while following the NFA.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 9:48:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys,

I'm coming from CT.  While most NFA items are GTG we are limited with the basic stuff.

You can't buy an AR here unless it's a select model pre ban or it's a "CT other".

10 round mag cap limit, the list goes on but I'm sure you get the picture.  Pistols with a threaded barrel....that's an assault weapon.  Even if it's a 22lr!
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 9:51:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Where are you coming from ?.... If you have NFA stuff its not that bad where you lived..

Laws here are pretty darn good overall for now... The key is the communist are moving out of the crap holes they created down here...

So take it for whats its worth.. look at Va right now..
View Quote
Yeah, I have been following VA very closely.  Being from where I am I know how easy that "infection" can spread from one state to another.

That's why even NC worries me a little with VA next door.  I don't want to relive the nightmare all over again.

However, I love the state of NC.  It’s also as far South or West that I can get my wife to go.
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 10:55:16 AM EDT
[#5]
oh yes all your toys will be no problem down here in NC...

Your CCW will take you about 60-90 days max after you take the class and submit your paperwork..

You will enjoy the freedoms here.. Unlike communist CT...
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 8:03:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Good info.

I can still purchase long guns with a NC DL while I’m waiting for the CCW right?
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 9:11:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Yes you can but will have to go through a back ground check...

No permit to purchase a rifle or shotguns..

Pistols you can own without applying for a permit the ccw is just to carry a pistol concealed and purchase pistols.

If don't have a ccw you will have to go sheriff office to obtain a pistol purchase coupon if you want to purchase a new pistol. One coupon per pistol.

Some places you can open carry..

After you obtain your ccw you just fill out the 4473 and purchase rifle, shotguns, pistols.
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 11:25:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 6:57:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Which is one reason most of us have at least one AR Pistol.
View Quote
I like the way ya’ll think!  I’m only half Yankee.  I lived in AZ for many years.
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 10:06:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Yes you can but will have to go through a back ground check...

No permit to purchase a rifle or shotguns..

Pistols you can own without applying for a permit the ccw is just to carry a pistol concealed and purchase pistols.

If don't have a ccw you will have to go sheriff office to obtain a pistol purchase coupon if you want to purchase a new pistol. One coupon per pistol.

Some places you can open carry..

After you obtain your ccw you just fill out the 4473 and purchase rifle, shotguns, pistols.
View Quote
Correction on the part in red a Pistol Purchase Permit PPP for short or a NC CHP is needed for all pistol purchases not just new ones.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top