Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/19/2018 8:32:03 PM EDT
I just picked up my NC Concealed Carry card and this looks like a high school kid made it.  I have had Concealed Carry permits in SC and Tenn and they both looked like your drivers license.  This is a typed card, no picture and laminated.  The other states hard plastic cards in color, like the drivers licenses.

Odd.

About 50 days from going to the Sheriff's office to getting the call to pick up the card.

Edit - Cabarrus county
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 8:48:38 PM EDT
[#1]
They told me mine would take 90 days and it took 88. Union county.

Same quality card, not laminated. Still haven’t gotten around to getting it laminated.
Link Posted: 7/20/2018 9:07:58 AM EDT
[#2]
North Carolina links the CCW card to your drivers license.   When a LEO runs your DL, it pops up that you are a CCW permit holder.  NC says that since you must have a DL with you at all times while carrying, no need to improve the CCW.  Just another way to say a few pennies.
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 7:33:23 AM EDT
[#3]
I always take mine to an office supply store and get it laminated.  Wish they would just make it an endorsement on your DL, or - heaven forbid - constitutional carry.
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 12:58:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 3:34:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 8:37:31 PM EDT
[#6]
My local sheriffs office laminated mine for me.
Link Posted: 7/22/2018 8:18:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My local sheriffs office laminated mine for me.
View Quote
I'm pretty sure Wake did mine also. I don't remember doing them myself.
Link Posted: 7/22/2018 2:16:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I'm pretty sure Wake did mine also. I don't remember doing them myself.
View Quote
I renewed last year in Wake and it was not laminated. Wife just got her notice so we’ll see if hers is different.
Link Posted: 7/22/2018 4:20:19 PM EDT
[#9]
yup cheap ass MFs. it gets even better if you move counties within the state. They dont issue you a new card. they print off a 8.5"x11" sheet of paper documenting that you moved and notified them. You are then supposed to carry a letter size sheet of paper around with you along with the original card until the time of renewal. Yeah, good luck with that. Mines at home in my desk. They can look in the computer and know if I did it.
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 1:19:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
yup cheap ass MFs. it gets even better if you move counties within the state. They dont issue you a new card. they print off a 8.5"x11" sheet of paper documenting that you moved and notified them. You are then supposed to carry a letter size sheet of paper around with you along with the original card until the time of renewal. Yeah, good luck with that. Mines at home in my desk. They can look in the computer and know if I did it.
View Quote
Not sure about county to county but when I moved within Union County recently I had the option of getting a new card with my new address, for a fee, or just keeping the old card with that piece of paper. I carried the paper folded up in my wallet until I got the new card (in about two weeks).
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 6:36:54 PM EDT
[#11]
100 counties in NC and each sheriff does it differently.  I was out of state when mine was ready for pickup.  Didn't get home till 6 months later and still carried on the expired one as sheriffs office advise if every stopped to call and confirm.  Good thing I was working with several other sheriffs in that other state and they all knew I carried.  I had to go in and physically sign the back and then the sheriffs office laminated it (Brunswick Co)  No photo but does have a raised seal.

CD
Link Posted: 8/4/2018 7:57:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Randolph County laminated my renewal but not my original before that. It's printed on cardstock and I'm not a fan of it as I like a minimal wallet. There is a raised seal, but the male sheriff has a suspiciously feminine signature.
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 3:41:36 AM EDT
[#13]
They laminated mine after I signed it.

My wife and I applied at the same time and ours were done in almost exactly 30 days (Lenoir County).
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 9:44:40 PM EDT
[#14]
I was surprised it was just printed on card stock as well after having ones that looked like my drivers license in the past. They laminated mine, mecklenburg, but it’s not holding up that great. I may have to try to re-laminate it.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 6:24:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Wife just received her renewal unlaminated (since it has to be signed). Wake county.  Renewal was submitted on 7/24 and received in the mail today.
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 9:53:16 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/24/2018 4:33:46 PM EDT
[#17]
I don’t understand why NC can’t get with the times. Also cut out the ridiculous time and money it takes to get one.

GA has it figured outAttachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 7:17:25 AM EDT
[#18]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top