User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/5/2023 2:51:20 PM EDT
sorry sb -  just saw this and couldn't wait

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1ywc1AHaDQ
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 3:18:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Good

I have a saved online shopping cart worth $900+ in mags.
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 3:20:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Good

I have a saved online shopping cart worth $900+ in mags.
View Quote

getting ready for freedom week
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 3:25:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
sorry sb -  just saw this and couldn't wait

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1ywc1AHaDQ
View Quote

Didn't even know they had a hearing today.

Good but it's pretty much a guarantee the court won't issue the injunction right away if at all. The issue now is what happens when Lamont signs HB 6667? Does the court screw us by mooting the challenge or kick the can down the road by saying the plaintiffs can come back at some time months down the road to amend their case?
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 3:40:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Didn't even know they had a hearing today.

Good but it's pretty much a guarantee the court won't issue the injunction right away if at all. The issue now is what happens when Lamont signs HB 6667? Does the court screw us by mooting the challenge or kick the can down the road by saying the plaintiffs can come back at some time months down the road to amend their case?
View Quote

I would agree they will likely punt and say the new bill (6667) has to become law first, so come back next year to argue for both bans... while they could just uphold their oaths and bundle the current and proposed bans in the same case.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 2:53:33 PM EDT
[#5]
NAGR lawyer talks about yesterday's hearing.

Top Gun Rights Lawyer BATTLES In Federal Court
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 4:44:33 PM EDT
[#6]
just watched, can't believe the words the AG's office used for legal gun owners (assuming the NAGR attorney's recount is accurate)
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 4:56:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
just watched, can't believe the words the AG's office used for legal gun owners (assuming the NAGR attorney's recount is accurate)
View Quote

I wouldn't be surprised at all if his statement is true. There are some like AG Tong who have total distain for anyone who owns an AR or guns in general. They hate guns in the hands of the peasants.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 5:55:47 PM EDT
[#8]
tong is a dildo
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 8:04:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
tong is a dildo
View Quote

Yes
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 12:40:38 PM EDT
[#10]
It’s good to know they are doing more, in a big fight, than a local organization. Instead of having banquet dinners at the aqua turf and selling stickers…
I hear a lot of bad about NAGR, but look it, they are at least trying their hand at it. Whether it’s a waste of time or not, at least they are trying.

Good on them and I hope there is a good outcome.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 8:28:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
It’s good to know they are doing more, in a big fight, than a local organization. Instead of having banquet dinners at the aqua turf and selling stickers…
I hear a lot of bad about NAGR, but look it, they are at least trying their hand at it. Whether it’s a waste of time or not, at least they are trying.

Good on them and I hope there is a good outcome.
View Quote

CCDL with SAF also filed a lawsuit a bit after NAGR.  So really there are two active lawsuits in CT right now.  NAGR sued for both rifle and magazine bans, whereas the CCDL lawsuit is only for the rifle ban I believe.  Personally, I don't care who wins, as long as we get our rights restored.
Link Posted: 8/3/2023 11:09:50 PM EDT
[#12]
NAGR lawsuit dismissed today,  Safe to assume CCDL's lawsuit will have the same fate.

https://www.courthousenews.com/federal-judge-rejects-challenge-to-connecticut-assault-weapons-ban/
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 12:48:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
NAGR lawsuit dismissed today,  Safe to assume CCDL's lawsuit will have the same fate.

https://www.courthousenews.com/federal-judge-rejects-challenge-to-connecticut-assault-weapons-ban/
View Quote

The motion for preliminary injunction was blocked. The lawsuit itself would still be pending- though we can all pretty safely anticipate the likely  outcome in the District Court.
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 7:58:49 AM EDT
[#14]
BREAKING 2A NEWS: 79-year Old Federal Judge (Clinton) Upholds Connecticut "Assault Weapon" Ban....

U.S. District Court Judge Janet Bond Arterton (Clinton appointee) upheld Connecticut's "assault weapon" ban by misapplying clear Supreme Court precedent. Mark Smith flags a just a few mistakes in this breaking news video.
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 9:58:16 AM EDT
[#15]
Did anyone think there'd be any other outcome?  Until we take this state to higher courts, and hopefully we can before they're packed with liberals, we're not going to win anything.
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 11:03:43 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

It wasn't dismissed...
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 7:04:02 PM EDT
[#17]
KONNECTICUT Is Done.
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 7:23:45 PM EDT
[#18]
CT has been done.
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 10:02:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

It wasn't dismissed...
View Quote

Alright, wrong choice of words, but you know what I mean.  Dead on arrival at federal district court level, and most likely at circuit level too.  Only SCOTUS intervention will restore people's rights in this commie state.
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 7:07:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Update:  NAGR filed today an appeal to the 2nd circuit

Appeal to 2nd circuit
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top