Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/14/2023 1:19:50 PM EDT
Guys, I don't feel safe with this hyper masculine military style assault weapon in my house, but now I can't sell it due to the ban. What should I do?

Link Posted: 4/14/2023 1:25:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Bandsaw
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 1:45:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I mean obviously I'm joking but seriously, I wonder how many people realize HB1240 bans pistols and that for pistols it's not limited to banning centerfire.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 2:29:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Some of my wife's friends,  supposedly conservatives,  have bought the liberal talking points. They say you don't need a weapon of war.  The only weapon of war I'm aware of is the M-1 garand, and it's not banned.  Silly legislators don't even know what a weapon of war is.

Hopefully when this legislation hits home people will bother to vote.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 4:47:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Some of my wife's friends,  supposedly conservatives,  have bought the liberal talking points. They say you don't need a weapon of war.  The only weapon of war I'm aware of is the M-1 garand, and it's not banned.  Silly legislators don't even know what a weapon of war is.

View Quote

I honestly believe it’s not us conservatives voting, but the mail in ballot issue and cheating. There is no way that these liberal dipshits are winning without cheating unless people are so stupid and want all the high taxes, mandatory lock downs, stripping our rights away, etc. I just don’t get it.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 6:03:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I honestly believe it's not us conservatives voting, but the mail in ballot issue and cheating. There is no way that these liberal dipshits are winning without cheating unless people are so stupid and want all the high taxes, mandatory lock downs, stripping our rights away, etc. I just don't get it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I honestly believe it's not us conservatives voting, but the mail in ballot issue and cheating. There is no way that these liberal dipshits are winning without cheating unless people are so stupid and want all the high taxes, mandatory lock downs, stripping our rights away, etc. I just don't get it.
I have to agree with this.  I'm a lifelong resident. Washington was always a bit left of center but filled with enough rational people that the slide farther left was slow.  When mail in voting was implemented the change was exponential.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 11:28:12 PM EDT
[#6]
“Hyper-masculine”- I can’t believe this made it into the actual text of the bill. I’ve lived here for over 33 years. I got back into shooting in about 1994, when the federal AWB passed. I’ve never seen this term used in any advertising by manufacturers. They’re just copying whatever text is given to them by the anti-2A groups.

Oh sorry, I forgot- they’re liberals. How irrational of me to think they would be logical. Email, and/or call your Senator.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 11:34:34 PM EDT
[#7]
It still cracks me up, that a TRUE weapon of war, the M1 Garand, is still perfectly legal.  lololol.  Damn these domestics enemies to hell.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 11:38:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
“Hyper-masculine”- I can’t believe this made it into the actual text of the bill. I’ve lived here for over 33 years. I got back into shooting in about 1994, when the federal AWB passed. I’ve never seen this term used in any advertising by manufacturers. They’re just copying whatever text is given to them by the anti-2A groups.

Oh sorry, I forgot- they’re liberals. How irrational of me to think they would be logical. Email, and/or call your Senator.
View Quote

They are using "masculine" as a pejorative.

Can you imagine denouncing something for being "hyper-feminine"?
Link Posted: 4/16/2023 10:43:16 AM EDT
[#9]
It does not ban the sale of normal pistols like a glock 17....unless it has a treaded barrel.

Quoted:
I mean obviously I'm joking but seriously, I wonder how many people realize HB1240 bans pistols and that for pistols it's not limited to banning centerfire.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/16/2023 11:18:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I honestly believe it’s not us conservatives voting, but the mail in ballot issue and cheating. There is no way that these liberal dipshits are winning without cheating unless people are so stupid and want all the high taxes, mandatory lock downs, stripping our rights away, etc. I just don’t get it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I believe both are the problem.

I have heard so many people tell me "I don't vote because it is rigged!" That makes the steal even easier for the commies.

Also, I find it hard to believe Tiffany Smiley was neck and neck with the "great grandma in tennis shoes" (formerly the "mom in tennis shoes") only to lose by ten points.
Link Posted: 4/17/2023 1:29:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I believe both are the problem.

I have heard so many people tell me "I don't vote because it is rigged!" That makes the steal even easier for the commies.

Also, I find it hard to believe Tiffany Smiley was neck and neck with the "great grandma in tennis shoes" (formerly the "mom in tennis shoes") only to lose by ten points.
View Quote

I agree it is both. There are people who say it doesn't matter because it is rigged and they don't vote. Drives me nuts to hear this. I do try to convince them to vote. One thing I see from the left is they are very organized getting people on busses to fight for their side. Wish our side was that way too.
Link Posted: 4/17/2023 10:44:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Same here:
XDM-9 4.5”… added threaded barrel for when (if?) I finally get my suppressor (paperwork and wait started back in November), but now just overnight it’ll become an “assault weapon”.

Oh where did I go wrong?  I should’ve never kept it the same safe with all the AR’s (aka ‘assault weapons’).  Clearly they were a bad influence on my innocent XDM-9.  Now it’s more dangerous and delinquent because of that obnoxious protruding threaded barrel.  The shame!

(You got a read it w/ a thickly sarcastic/pathetic tone… it’s funnier that way)
Link Posted: 4/17/2023 12:36:35 PM EDT
[#13]
People that are beyond stupid making laws.

first 1240 is total Bullshit, but if you are making a gun ban law at least have a clue as to what you are doing and have it make some sort of sense.

Again 1240 is bullshit
Link Posted: 4/17/2023 6:10:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
“Hyper-masculine”- I can’t believe this made it into the actual text of the bill.
View Quote
Im either hanging balls off all my new AWs or mounting dildos under the barrels. The hyper masculine AW.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top