Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/19/2020 5:54:30 AM EDT
Had a little time yesterday so I commandeered the wife’s sewing room for  a few minutes

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 6:35:57 AM EDT
[#1]
$$ to be made producing those.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 10:45:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Out-freaking-standing!
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 6:59:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SouthHoof:
$$ to be made producing those. 
View Quote

Yup

Link Posted: 5/19/2020 9:35:34 PM EDT
[#4]
I made a mask out of weed barrier fabric and added a slit for my mouth so I can stick my tongue out at karens. Haven't worn it anywhere yet, carry it in case a store karen starts whining.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 3:24:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 7:21:23 PM EDT
[#6]

Nice...did you make those? I like the elastic over the head like that. Similar to the Tactical Tailor version but they only make them in the color of scrubs. I may need one that matches my uniform soon.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 7:55:42 PM EDT
[#7]
No elastic, 550 and a cord lock

I can do elastic, but only if the customer specs it. I HATE elastic around my head and refuse to wear ear loops.

Got a delivery for the madison heights recruiting office tommorow
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 10:06:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
No elastic, 550 and a cord lock

I can do elastic, but only if the customer specs it. I HATE elastic around my head and refuse to wear ear loops.

Got a delivery for the madison heights recruiting office tommorowhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/27868/15901053081622270151216895916251-1426940.jpg
View Quote
Even better. I like it...! Sending an IM.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 9:27:02 AM EDT
[#9]

Well done.  Two weeks ago, my dear wife posted a quick note on FB for any of her friends.  She said she'd sew masks for anyone who needed them.  50 or so masks later & several trips to the post office...  I am proud of her.  She did it with left over materials she had & did not charge a dime.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 11:35:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Well done.  Two weeks ago, my dear wife posted a quick note on FB for any of her friends.  She said she'd sew masks for anyone who needed them.  50 or so masks later & several trips to the post office...  I am proud of her.  She did it with left over materials she had & did not charge a dime.
View Quote

Friends and family were free,
For most everyone else there's a tiered list,
It's not cause I'm mercenary or heartless or anything though.

It covers materials, expendables, (sewing machine parts) and shipping for the other half of my current op.
I've been cranking out berry, MilStd, and service directive compliant masks for jr enlisted and shipping em all over the place.

Nco's and officers can afford to get decent stuff, which leaves pfc "I spent my check on beer and my 28.9% car loan and I'm to proud to say anything about it" stuck with whatever shit the unit gets for free and hands out. Which from what I've seen for them most part is horrible crap.

So, I get get emails (old friends still in, soldiers who used tonwork for me, and lately word of mouth)
" hey mr redleg, I've got 8 jr enlisted in my my plt who are wearing purple bandanas that some 400lb dependa made, can you help?"
Yes, yes I can, so I make another 8 masks from brand new off the roll current production milspec material, suitable for whichever service it is, vaccuum seal em, and ship em out to wherever they were needed.

For free.

I remember getting stuck with the shitty stuff when i was an e1-3, so I figure the kids that do 80% of the actual hard physical shit deserve it.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 8:54:26 PM EDT
[#11]
@GlockLuvinRedleg you are a good man.  I will PM you a suitable social distance beer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top