Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/12/2020 5:42:29 PM EDT
Steilacoom Historical School District (Diupont and Steilacoom).  BAM.  Closed from 3/16 to 4/24 (and tomorrow was already a planned closure for some shit or other).

Good think my new company already has us working from home full time (they don't maintain any offices).

Rob
Link Posted: 3/12/2020 7:46:16 PM EDT
[#1]
It's all schools... This is going to be interesting.
Link Posted: 3/13/2020 12:50:59 AM EDT
[#2]
All k-12 schools in Pierce, Snohomish, and King county are to be closed until 4/24
Link Posted: 3/13/2020 1:18:23 AM EDT
[#3]
My son goes to school in the Bonney Lake/lake tapps area. Called my ex wife as soon as I saw it on Facebook. Said she was going to talk to the neighbor across the street since she works at the school. She called me back and said there was a big "if" the kids return back to school this year.

Guess we will see what happens.
Link Posted: 3/13/2020 7:15:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Skagit Co now following suit
Link Posted: 3/13/2020 7:21:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Better buy food. My kid eats like a horse.
Link Posted: 3/13/2020 7:22:37 PM EDT
[#6]
What a coward Inslee is. Closing for 6 weeks. Why not close for 2 weeks, re-assess the situation and then make updates as needed?

Because teachers' union?
Link Posted: 3/13/2020 10:30:25 PM EDT
[#7]
by law students have to have 180 days of schooling. don't know how they will get around this. Also, my understanding is school ends 6/21 regaurdless.
Link Posted: 3/13/2020 10:40:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
by law students have to have 180 days of schooling. don't know how they will get around this. Also, my understanding is school ends 6/21 regaurdless.
View Quote
Probably being excused under the declared state of emergency.
Link Posted: 3/14/2020 4:19:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
What a coward Inslee is. Closing for 6 weeks. Why not close for 2 weeks, re-assess the situation and then make updates as needed?

Because teachers' union?
View Quote
It is insane. The union certainly could have something to do with it.  I suspect teachers getting 6 weeks of paid vacation is a quid pro quo so that they pull out all the stops for him in Nov.  I suspect teachers outside of the 3 orig counties closing schools cried about having to work when they don't, so here we are.
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 1:43:13 AM EDT
[#10]
And now, school has been canceled for the rest of the school year..... interesting times indeed....
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 4:13:04 AM EDT
[#11]
A generation lost in space corona.
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 11:04:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

It is insane. The union certainly could have something to do with it.  I suspect teachers getting 6 weeks of paid vacation is a quid pro quo so that they pull out all the stops for him in Nov.  I suspect teachers outside of the 3 orig counties closing schools cried about having to work when they don't, so here we are.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because teachers' union?

Same with the pot shops/heads, and all big box stores including craft stores, everything open is a nod to his base. Small businesses, outdoor activities, a big fuck you to the people who don't like him. Everything is political.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top