Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/11/2020 8:16:49 AM EDT
I have no clue how to do this but my wifes cousin's baby needs a liver. they are in Pittsburgh PA, they flew up there from AL and he is in the hospital. How can we set something up for anyone that is local up there to get tested if they are interested. The family is staying at the Ronald McDonald house and he is on the list for a liver. I don't think he is even a year old yet. I can post more information if needed. I have seen some good things happen here and they are running out of options.  So can a mod help me get an official post for maybe a little while to get some people in the areas attention.
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 10:39:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 10:39:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll start with prayers.
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 10:48:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'll start with prayers.
View Quote
I’ll back them up with some of my own.
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 11:10:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I have no clue how to do this but my wifes cousin's baby needs a liver. they are in Pittsburgh PA, they flew up there from AL and he is in the hospital. How can we set something up for anyone that is local up there to get tested if they are interested. The family is staying at the Ronald McDonald house and he is on the list for a liver. I don't think he is even a year old yet. I can post more information if needed. I have seen some good things happen here and they are running out of options.  So can a mod help me get an official post for maybe a little while to get some people in the areas attention.
View Quote
Do you have a facebook page? if you can please let me know so I can start spreading the word.... whats the blood type also. MESSAGE ME ALSO.....Havent found a way here to keep up with threads im on
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 11:13:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Do you have a facebook page? if you can please let me know so I can start spreading the word.... whats the blood type also. MESSAGE ME ALSO.....Havent found a way here to keep up with threads im on
View Quote
Once you post in a thread it will be in your subscriptions. The button for subscriptions is at the top of the page.
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 11:19:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Prayers the little man can find a liver!
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 11:20:55 PM EDT
[#7]
So sad. I can’t imagine - don’t want to imagine - everything the parents are thinking and feeling. My thoughts are with them.
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 11:22:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'll start with prayers.
View Quote
Same here, praying for the little guy and his family.
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 11:25:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Prayers up
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 11:25:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 11:25:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Prayers for the little guy for a good donor.
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 11:28:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Same here, praying for the little guy and his family.
View Quote
Blood type and body size are usually the two major factors in organ donation.  With the liver size might not be that important since I believe now they try to take just part of a living donor and since the liver can regenerate and both walk away good.  Not sure if a child that small could handle any but a smaller child's donation though.  Good luck OP and prayers for all.
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 11:32:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Bump for visibility.
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 11:32:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Prayers for the baby and your entire family OP.
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 11:34:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Prayers sent.  May God Bless the little one and the family.
Link Posted: 1/11/2020 10:59:34 AM EDT
[#16]
Thanks guys I was told it's blood type A and the mothers mother is getting tested, they said something about bmi being no more than 25 or 35 %. I am A+ and will get tested if she is unable to donate. they are in Pittsburgh now and he is getting treated. My wife is dealing with it since it's her family and I don't talk to them. But I know he was moved to the list and they are trying to find a liver.
Link Posted: 1/11/2020 7:09:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Good luck.
I pray your prayers are answered.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top