Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/1/2020 7:28:41 PM EDT
Fucking idiots on the county commission just passed an EO requiring all employees and patrons of all businesses to wear a mask or face covering when inside all businesses in our county. They claim it's to combat the spread now the the state is opening up.

No link available yet. I just watched their online meeting and the vote.

I hate this fucking county. I'm getting out of here asap.
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 7:53:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Some people seem to be hellbent on keeping this nonsense going on longer than necessary.  The face masks will become the new security blanket for some.
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 8:16:01 PM EDT
[#2]
That's why I'm going to start shopping over in Bradford County. I've about had it with these freaking retards.

But it sure is fun to troll them on Facebook.
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 8:53:52 PM EDT
[#3]
I have to wear one at work. I really don't care......I get to dress like a ninja now in publix....
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 11:25:25 PM EDT
[#4]
I am not 100% sure, but I think alachua county would be forcing State CCW licensees to break the law by carrying while wearing a face covering which technically hides their identity. When will class action lawsuits start against the county commission?

In general alachua county is willfully superseding state law by violating FL statute 876.12 that makes it unlawful to wear face concealing masks on any public way in the state.
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 7:01:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Alachua County commission is a far left group of megalomaniacs.  I will just drive to one of the surrounding counties to shop.  Gas is cheap.
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 8:39:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I am not 100% sure, but I think alachua county would be forcing State CCW licensees to break the law by carrying while wearing a face covering which technically hides their identity. When will class action lawsuits start against the county commission?

In general alachua county is willfully superseding state law by violating FL statute 876.12 that makes it unlawful to wear face concealing masks on any public way in the state.
View Quote

Here's the exception:

876.155Applicability; ss. 876.12-876.15.The provisions of ss. 876.12-876.15 apply only if the person was wearing the mask, hood, or other device:(1)With the intent to deprive any person or class of persons of the equal protection of the laws or of equal privileges and immunities under the laws or for the purpose of preventing the constituted authorities of this state or any subdivision thereof from, or hindering them in, giving or securing to all persons within this state the equal protection of the laws;
(2)With the intent, by force or threat of force, to injure, intimidate, or interfere with any person because of the person's exercise of any right secured by federal, state, or local law or to intimidate such person or any other person or any class of persons from exercising any right secured by federal, state, or local law;
(3)With the intent to intimidate, threaten, abuse, or harass any other person; or
(4)While she or he was engaged in conduct that could reasonably lead to the institution of a civil or criminal proceeding against her or him, with the intent of avoiding identification in such a proceeding.
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 9:55:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Matt, instead of packing up why don't you run for a seat and be a libs worst nightmare? Kinda like the counter-version of Cindy Bear from back in the 80's
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 10:17:05 AM EDT
[#8]
So cowboy bandanna over face with cowboy hat and boots!  Sounds like fun.
Idiots.
I'm still wearing my P-95 mask in public.  But I don't care if others don't.  I  will also not care if they get Covid and die in a ditch.
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 10:28:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Matt, instead of packing up why don't you run for a seat and be a libs worst nightmare? Kinda like the counter-version of Cindy Bear from back in the 80's
View Quote

Until we get single member voting districts, we will be under control of the liberal hive.
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 1:51:31 PM EDT
[#10]
We miss hitting G Ville around once a month for the shopping, Bass Pro, Trader Joe's, Aldi's, Lowes, Total wine and Sam's all in one little area plus Four Rivers for lunch. We will return after this shit settles down.
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 2:05:23 PM EDT
[#11]
The voter turn out is so low a concerted effort from a handful of conservatives family and friends could change things significantly. Gilchrist county got pissed and split off a long time ago from the Gville centric Peoples Republic of Alachua County. Doesnt matter if you shop elsewhere they will just increase your property taxes, or impose a stormwater run off fee for rain that hits your roof and goes into the ground we pay the county taxes on the run off from our gutters to our ground.  Biggest debacle is the Children's Fund taxing authority. I dont think we ever voted down a tax increase.
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 4:04:43 PM EDT
[#12]
When banks open back up are we going to have people standing in line with rubber gloves, face mask, sunglasses and baseball cap? Ordinarily that would be kinda a no no in bank.
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 4:49:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Chuck, your like the 100th person to tell me that. For some reason a lot of people think I could win. I've actually thought about but, I'd rather just go chill on the coast and fish.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 8:50:51 AM EDT
[#14]
Right at 80% of registered voters in Alachuastan are dhimmicrats.  It is hard for a Conservative to win a seat.  
The County Attorney told the BOCC that this move would not stand up in court.  The head of the county health department told BOCC that face masks were pretty much useless.   Commisar Byerly said they were doing it anyway.  The BOCC said one reason was they could not trust business to make any decisions.  Another was that DeSantis had no medical folks, or folks with “higher degrees” on his decision making task group.   Of course the BOCC has none either, but being communists, they feel they know best.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top