Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/14/2021 1:25:21 AM EDT
Los Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA) is hosting an exhibition by Yoshitomo Nara.

I'd never heard of this guy before but they have dedicated nearly the entire second floor to his works.  

Here is a sampling.  What do you think?

This one is an entire wall covered with album covers (vinyl LP covers for you young wipper snappers).

Link Posted: 6/14/2021 2:10:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Art is in the eye of the beholder. That said, I think it’s hilariously bad. My 6-year-old regularly produces “artwork” of the same caliber.
Link Posted: 6/15/2021 3:32:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Must be in the Broad building. Everything else is flat!
Link Posted: 6/18/2021 12:15:40 PM EDT
[#3]
72 views of this thread but only two responses.  :-(

I believe it was in the Broad building, the main building being under construction.
Link Posted: 6/18/2021 2:56:30 PM EDT
[#4]
I went to LACMA two years ago and really enjoyed it, but they certainly had some more interesting pieces than that.
Link Posted: 6/18/2021 4:25:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Haven't been there in years.  Guess I'll wait for the next exhibit before I try again.
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 4:06:07 PM EDT
[#6]
After 103 Views of the thread and a nearly complete lack of interest in the art (only 1 of the four responses even mentioned the works), I suspect that is a commentary, in itself.
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 11:32:12 PM EDT
[#7]
I'll comment - it looks horrible!  It's 1st grade looking art, which is probably the point, but rubbish nonetheless.
Link Posted: 6/21/2021 1:19:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top