Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/6/2018 11:46:30 AM EDT
My GF has moved addresses since the 2016 election and has not updated her voter registration address and therefore was placed on Inactive status. I know.....eject!

I am having difficulty finding the appropriate procedure for AZ voters. I am unsure if she should go to her old precinct (where she would be listed on their Inactive voter list) or if she should go to her new address' polling place with identifying piece of mail, etc. to vote there. It is my understanding that if she went to her old polling location and told them she had a new address that they would direct her to the new polling location to vote.

Can anyone clarify?
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 12:30:04 PM EDT
[#1]
It took me 40 minutes to navigate the line, this morning. Mostly because people didn't have their ID's or address statements.
WTH, people?!

If you're in Maricopa County, you can go to the Recorder's Office to see if you are able to vote. Elections, Maricopa County

If you haven't updated your address in two years....I think you get to vote tomorrow.

Call Maricopa County and ask.
Recorder and Elections Dept.
Main Downtown Office
111 S. Third Ave.
Phoenix AZ 85003
Hours: 8:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. Monday - Friday
Phone: 602-506-3535
T.D.D. 602-506-2348
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 12:43:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I directed her to her new address' polling place and they gave her a ballot there. Straight R baby! All good ;-)
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 2:56:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Probably get a provisional at worst
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 4:39:21 PM EDT
[#4]
So this thread made me look myself up and it states that I am inactive. So I called down there and they stated that in order for me to vote, I had to produce a bill showing my address and it had to match my drivers license. They said they mailed me an affidavit back in January that I was required to sign and send back in in order to keep activated. My drivers license does not match my new address so they said I cant vote. Any insight to this situation? What do people do that have a mailing address on their drivers licenses and live at a different one?
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 5:50:59 PM EDT
[#5]

This is from the sample ballot. It looks like you can fill out a provisional ballot, and then provide the Registrar with the correct information within 3 days for the ballot to be counted.

I'd go argue my case, with a DL, utility bill, bank statement and this picture. Give 'em hell! (Politely. They're working hard, and with a lot of stupid people, today.)
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 12:02:36 PM EDT
[#6]
So a little update so people can maybe know in the future... I went down last night with a couple of bills and my drivers license that had the incorrect address on it. I originally asked for a provisional ballot and she asked why and I explained my situation. She then laughed and said it will take 2 minutes to fix the entire thing. She had me sit on their little tablet check in, fill out some info and confirm some info on there, show my 2 bills and ID and right there on the spot my address was changed. So I was able to vote on a regular ballot that was printed out right there. The entire process took an additional 2 minutes and they were extremely helpful.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 12:39:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Excellent!
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 2:23:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Good to hear thanks for the update!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top