Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/2/2020 9:36:24 PM EDT
Im in Illinois brother inlaw moved to California sold his guns. He now wishes he had a gun. I know it was dumb on his part.
Is there FFLs that I could send him a gun to? Or are they all closed. And what can I send him as far as pistols whats legal where to look (website).
I have a LCP a glock 23 gen 4 a CZ83 of course I could ship any those. I could always ship him a shotgun 870 or some other fud gun I would imagine.

Any ideas is it too late to send something? Is there anywhere he can buy something around local and legal?
Any help would be appreciated Thanks
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 9:43:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 9:50:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks I will pass that on.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 9:59:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Look around on this web site.  It shows examples of what you can buy in CA.  

If you ship something, DO NOT ship magazines that hold more than 10 rounds.

Link to Turner's Outdoorsman web site

There is a Turner's in Salinas.

1411 North Davis Rd.
Salinas, CA
831-269-7294

West of the 101 and North of W. Laurel Dr., between Ross and Walmart

Monday - Friday: 10am - 8pm
Saturday: 10am - 6pm
Sunday: 10am - 5pm

Link Posted: 4/3/2020 12:37:52 AM EDT
[#4]
The transfer can not be off roster handgun (must be a parent - child transfer if off roster, siblings/in-laws do not qualify) nor something designated as an assault weapon under Ca regulations.  "Open" is a local decision, potentially at city or county level.  At least around me in SoCal, some of the dealers are swamped and regulating hours and/or limiting to appointments or waiting off premise for a call-in, etc.  Some have suspended handling transfers, only doing their own sales.

Transfers have to be through FFL andwill be subject to DROS and 10 day wait.  You might want to have him scope out local sources for availability and willingness to transfer before deciding to ship something.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 1:07:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Either way, purchase or transfer, your family member is in for a 10 day wait.  

That clock starts ticking when he purchases the gun (possibly today).  

If you ship, it starts ticking only after the gun arrives at the FFL and the family member shows up at the FFL's place of business and signs the papers.  This is probably the longer road.

My advice - have them buy a gun of their own from a local retailer.  Encourage them to get training and to practice.  Shooting is a martial art with a somewhat unique set of skills.
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 5:45:43 AM EDT
[#6]
disassembled or complete, do not send 30 round magazine parts in the same package.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top