Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/11/2018 9:38:04 PM EDT
Tomorrow the Camp Mabry museum is having its annual holiday get-together. This year features a whiskey tasting and live jazz. Also great eats along with wine, beer and soft drinks.

Free for members and $10 for non-members. Pretty cheap for a nice evening out. An annual membership is only $20 and they hold 4 events like this per year.

Attachment Attached File

The museum is a non-profit and has some really great displays, including a new WWI trench warfare exhibit.

I'm just a member and have no financial interest of any kind in the museum. I just want more folks to be aware of this fantastic display of Texas and U.S.military history.

http://texasmilitaryforcesmuseum.org/

Approved-VA-gunnut
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 11:12:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Wow, sounds like a great event, wish I was in the area!

Its is an awesome little museum, with great displays and items, well worth a visit, and donation....
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 3:31:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wow, sounds like a great event, wish I was in the area!

It is an awesome little museum, with great displays and items, well worth a visit, and donation....
View Quote
This - in every way!
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 1:31:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Shit. Sad I missed this. I really want to swing by and check out the museum.
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 12:09:29 PM EDT
[#4]
They really do a great job down there, I can't wait to get to swing by again. Wished I lived closer, I'd love to volunteer....I do have a complete special long range round with an original crate for the le FH 18M 10,5cm gun they have....

That is a cool piece, and the Hetzer, well, how do you get better than a pocket tank destroyer! They really have managed to amass a great collection, and take really good care of it. Not to mention all the cool pieces outside.

They should be very proud of the museum....If you guys haven';t seen it, do yourself a favor, and next time you are in Austin, swing by it...its on Camp Mabry, so you don't have to worry about having to deal with any hippy liberal scum....
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 9:42:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They really do a great job down there, I can't wait to get to swing by again. Wished I lived closer, I'd love to volunteer....I do have a complete special long range round with an original crate for the le FH 18M 10,5cm gun they have....

That is a cool piece, and the Hetzer, well, how do you get better than a pocket tank destroyer! They really have managed to amass a great collection, and take really good care of it. Not to mention all the cool pieces outside.

They should be very proud of the museum....If you guys haven';t seen it, do yourself a favor, and next time you are in Austin, swing by it...its on Camp Mabry, so you don't have to worry about having to deal with any hippy liberal scum....
View Quote
As museum members we were treated to a to a tour of the storage area for items not on display, including the arms room.

GF is interested in military history but couldn't understand why I was salivating over racks with MG 34's and 42's, STG 44's, BAR's, etc. One of the FA's (can't remember which) was a bringback turned in to the Houston P.D. Thank goodness someone there contacted Camp Mabry and arranged to have it transferred to the museum. I'm sure this was before Art Acevedo arrived in Houston.

Museum staff said they have so many duplicates of some weapons that they don't know what to do with them. Since the museum is always looking for ways to raise money, I suggested that they auction off the non-NFA stuff.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top