Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Link Posted: 2/27/2021 2:37:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I’ll do what I can. Honestly they’re probably both gonna pass however.

That said I’m moving to the Keys in April.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 3:45:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'll do what I can. Honestly they're probably both gonna pass however.

That said I'm moving to the Keys in April.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/27/2021 3:48:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote

Congrats! Give Gov Pole Smoker a giant finger for me when you move.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 4:54:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh I will. You can work remotely right?
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 5:39:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Oh I will. You can work remotely right?
View Quote

Most days yes.  But I still have to go in roughly 1 day a week for stuff that needs the hands on touch.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 1:57:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

DD is correct.  The Ds here (or anywhere ) don't care about right and wrong, or rights and reason.

Edited
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 10:00:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

DD is correct.  The Ds here (or anywhere ) don't care about right and wrong, or rights and reason.

Now for the question to DD.  Are you moving to the Keys by yourself? I saw your "I forgot" thread but haven't revisited it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now for the question to DD.  Are you moving to the Keys by yourself? I saw your "I forgot" thread but haven't revisited it.

Honestly friend I’ll be going solo for at least a while. Maybe permanently we shall see.
She loves it here and I don’t think she quite understands what’s about to go down in Colorado

Leaving hurts my soul. It really does my family set roots here prior to statehood but I cannot deal with this any longer.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 10:37:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Statists gonna be statists.  They DGAF as mentioned above.

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/360/new-gun-law-would-require-gun-owners-in-colorado-to-lock-up-their-weapons-at-home

Ignoring laws which ignore rights is not wrong.  
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 1:03:48 PM EDT
[#9]
I fear these are baby steps until they feel comfortable with full confiscation.  They will say "see we "tried" to enact gun laws that didn't take your rights away, but it didn't help.  The only that will is if you turn in your guns."
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 2:42:28 PM EDT
[#10]
What happened to Colorado?!  I was seriously considering a move there around the 2009-2010 time frame, then they passed the magazine limit and UBCs. I decided not to move. It’s the most beautiful state in this country, at least of the ones that I’ve spent time in, but it seems to be eaten up with libs.
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 3:07:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
What happened to Colorado?!  I was seriously considering a move there around the 2009-2010 time frame, then they passed the magazine limit and UBCs. I decided not to move. It’s the most beautiful state in this country, at least of the ones that I’ve spent time in, but it seems to be eaten up with libs.
View Quote

It started in the 80s. We were discovered by the libs and they started flocking here. Everyone wants to blame California but they came from all over in my experience.
Shit some of the most lefty transplants I’ve met are from Texas and Minnesota of all places. My unpopular opinion is they’ve been here for long enough they’re parents are probably mostly gone by now. They’re now officially our own home grown commies. Colorado needs to stop blaming other places and fix this fucken place.

I’m a native with roots that go back prior to statehood and I’ve had enough. I’m moving to the Keys next month.
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 3:53:32 PM EDT
[#12]
My remodeling is moving along.  If I busted my arse, then I could be done this summer.  I plan on about a year from now, though.    

There is no fixing this place.  The Rs blew it in '12 and that's about when the Blueprint started. It's reached critical dumb mass - homegrown and imports. More of their ilk are moving here, too.
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 4:08:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
My remodeling is moving along.  If I busted my arse, then I could be done this summer.  I plan on about a year from now, though.    

There is no fixing this place.  The Rs blew it in '12 and that's about when the Blueprint started. It's reached critical dumb mass - homegrown and imports. More of their ilk are moving here, too.
View Quote

Where are you headed friend?
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 7:02:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Where are you headed friend?
View Quote

Not 100% sure, but thinking NW AR. I should be able to find a job there. I'd like some hills nearby. A few more trees will be nice, too. The extra precip won't hurt for having a fat garden that needs little watering, but will for the humidity. I'll get used to it again.  I lived in it for about 3/5 of my life.
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 11:47:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

It started in the 80s. We were discovered by the libs and they started flocking here. Everyone wants to blame California but they came from all over in my experience.
Shit some of the most lefty transplants I’ve met are from Texas and Minnesota of all places. My unpopular opinion is they’ve been here for long enough they’re parents are probably mostly gone by now. They’re now officially our own home grown commies. Colorado needs to stop blaming other places and fix this fucken place.

I’m a native with roots that go back prior to statehood and I’ve had enough. I’m moving to the Keys next month.
View Quote

What part of the keys are you headed to?  I lived in Florida for high school and college, and the keys are awesome.  The middle keys especially, the diving off Key Largo is great, and Key West is always a party, but Marathon or thereabouts is where it's at (or was a decade ago anyway) for its laid back vibe. Florida's too humid and flat for me to live there again, but I love spending a week down in the islands.

If jobs for my wife and I were geographically flexible (they're not) we'd join the hordes trying to flee to Montana, but it'll eventually get over run by liberals too.
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 1:05:17 AM EDT
[#16]
Wife has been looking at SW MO and NW AR for relocation here.  I’m not sure we will get away this year or not
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 3:40:38 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

What part of the keys are you headed to?  I lived in Florida for high school and college, and the keys are awesome.  The middle keys especially, the diving off Key Largo is great, and Key West is always a party, but Marathon or thereabouts is where it's at (or was a decade ago anyway) for its laid back vibe. Florida's too humid and flat for me to live there again, but I love spending a week down in the islands.

If jobs for my wife and I were geographically flexible (they're not) we'd join the hordes trying to flee to Montana, but it'll eventually get over run by liberals too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The job will require me to be between Key Largo and Marathon. I personally really like the Tavernier area.
That said I’ll most likely be in Key Largo for a while since that seems to be where I’m finding reasonably priced rentals.

I still have to get my place here sold before I buy down there.
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 2:13:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Wife has been looking at SW MO and NW AR for relocation here.  I’m not sure we will get away this year or not
View Quote

Oklahoma is a great place too.  If you want hills and trees stay east of I35.  Closer to the AR border and you'll start getting into the Ozarks.
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 10:35:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Oklahoma is a great place too.  If you want hills and trees stay east of I35.  Closer to the AR border and you'll start getting into the Ozarks.
View Quote

We actually came from Tulsa 10yrs ago. Hoping to not go back there but still want lower cost of housing/living
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 12:05:29 AM EDT
[#20]
Wife and I need to stay for another 6 years most likely since my kids are with the ex and I can't be without my boys for longer than a week. I have family in SW MO and NW AR so probably shooting for that area.  Still have other ideas but haven't researched them yet.  I envy you guys able to get out.  Can't believe I'm saying that.  Colorado used to be the land of the free and people with common sense who loved the country and fought for the constitution. Now it's filled with commies who hate this country and hate liberty and freedom.
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 8:39:58 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Wife and I need to stay for another 6 years most likely since my kids are with the ex and I can't be without my boys for longer than a week. I have family in SW MO and NW AR so probably shooting for that area.  Still have other ideas but haven't researched them yet.  I envy you guys able to get out.  Can't believe I'm saying that.  Colorado used to be the land of the free and people with common sense who loved the country and fought for the constitution. Now it's filled with commies who hate this country and hate liberty and freedom.
View Quote

No shame in sticking it out for your kids. That’s pretty much what I did. They’re out of the house now so I’m bailing.

Hit me up if you’re ever in the Keys.
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 10:07:06 AM EDT
[#22]
Three more weeks and I'm completely gone. Wife finally found a job where she doesn't have to depend on the political winds to ensure job security. I'll be out of work for a bit, but that's the price of freedom I guess.
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 11:19:01 AM EDT
[#23]
Article from last year about some of this sh!t.

https://pagetwo.completecolorado.com/2020/01/08/greenlee-safe-storage-gun-laws-unnecessary-and-unconstitutional/

...not that the Ds (and many Rs, to be fair) care about constitutionality unless it suits them.
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 11:34:30 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Three more weeks and I'm completely gone. Wife finally found a job where she doesn't have to depend on the political winds to ensure job security. I'll be out of work for a bit, but that's the price of freedom I guess.
View Quote

I’m not even sure my wife is coming with. I can’t take this shit any longer though.

Sometimes tough decisions have to be made.
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 12:24:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I’m not even sure my wife is coming with. I can’t take this shit any longer though.

View Quote

When you get there, get the fishing dialed-in so you can guide visiting Arf bros.  
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 12:50:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

When you get there, get the fishing dialed-in so you can guide visiting Arf bros.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I plan on having a boat inside of a year. Fishing offshore in the Keys is an amazing experience. When that happens any and all arfcommers are welcome

Link Posted: 4/13/2021 10:28:16 AM EDT
[#27]
Ready for King Jared to sign.

https://coloradosun.com/2021/04/12/colorado-gun-bills-jared-polis/

The safe storage is definitely unconstitutional and immoral overreach - not that the legislature cares.  The reporting one probably is, too. I would report thefts without govt. coercion. YMMV.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 10:38:15 AM EDT
[#28]
Sherriff will not enforce courts will get in on this too
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 10:49:49 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Sherriff will not enforce courts will get in on this too
View Quote

Correct, but don't count on the courts to produce correct decisions after the mag ban mental gymnastics.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 12:14:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Ready for King Jared to sign.

https://coloradosun.com/2021/04/12/colorado-gun-bills-jared-polis/

The safe storage is definitely unconstitutional and immoral overreach - not that the legislature cares.  The reporting one probably is, too. I would report thefts without govt. coercion. YMMV.
View Quote

Maybe I’m just a pessimist but I have a feeling this is just the beginning.
I sincerely hope I’m wrong however.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 12:04:54 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Same boat but only 3.5 years to go. Idaho was the target but CA is ruining that state, and in another 3+ years who knows what will happen there.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 6:16:13 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 6:21:44 PM EDT
[#33]

Any idea what “other gun-control bills” they’ll be discussing later?
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 6:31:09 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

No.  My guesses are ending preemption and banning sport utility rifles.  The former is more likely than the latter in my opinion.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 6:59:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

No.  My guesses are ending preemption and banning sport utility rifles.  The former is more likely than the latter in my opinion.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well shit I wish you guys the best of luck. I just have a bad bad feeling CO is headed for CA style gun control. Incrementalism is their preferred tactic and unfortunately they’re quite good at it.

That said I sincerely hope I’m really fucken wrong. I love Colorado and have deep deep roots there. I may die elsewhere but I’ll be buried in Colorado.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 8:00:56 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

From a Denver Post article published today...

"The legislature is considering at least one more gun bill. HB 21-1255, which received its first hearing last week, would strengthen a 2013 law to strip people charged with domestic violence of their guns.

Democrats have said they plan to introduce other gun legislation, but aren’t quite sure what that’ll end up being, though they’ve floated increasing the number of days in mandatory waiting periods, closing background-check loopholes and allowing local governments to have stronger gun restrictions than the state’s laws."

https://www.denverpost.com/2021/04/19/colorado-gun-bills-safe-storage-lost-or-stolen-guns-bills-signed-boulder/

Link Posted: 5/3/2021 2:30:15 PM EDT
[#38]
Not a thing we can do either.

Too many shitheads in this state.

Link Posted: 5/4/2021 1:14:11 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote
you could move to a free state.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 1:23:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't tempt us.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 3:26:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

No such place. Some just are less egregious rights violators than others.    

When I move to the next state, I'm just going to ward-off potential statist locust invaders while waiting for the theocrats (you guys are actually going to hell) and other resident statists to die-off - while I preach warnings that this was the course of action that Kolorado failed to take, but should have.    Maybe then, I'll be in a more or less free state.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 12:38:08 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Don't tempt us.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/6/2021 5:41:48 PM EDT
[#43]
I just moved back to CO from TX.  I hate to see what the state has become.  As soon as I'm done taking care of the parents and in laws, we're out again.  Probably Montana or Wyoming.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 8:17:51 PM EDT
[#44]
Trying to get to northern WY.

I’m hoping my company will move up there as the owner has suggested.

The sooner the better. For right now I’m stuck for 5 years.

Link Posted: 5/12/2021 6:17:44 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Trying to get to northern WY.

I'm hoping my company will move up there as the owner has suggested.

The sooner the better. For right now I'm stuck for 5 years.

View Quote
where at in northern WY?
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 3:13:11 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
where at in northern WY?
View Quote

Sheridan or close to.

Link Posted: 5/25/2021 6:07:13 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Sheridan or close to.

View Quote

i did a year in sheridan for work.

really like it up there.  

would move back in a heartbeat.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top