Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2022 11:21:59 PM EDT
I’m looking to relocated the family from AZ. I work from home and can live pretty much wherever I want. I have other search criteria, but are there any good local matches and ranges in East TX? I like to shoot 2 gun, 3 gun, PCC, USPSA, PRS, and NRL.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 11:52:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Central Texas has quite few matches. College Station area has a very active match scene. Have you picked out any towns you are looking at?
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 12:21:43 AM EDT
[#2]
i'm a member of a range between Longview and Kilgore, just east of Tyler.  East Texas Rifle and Pistol Club, ETRPC.com i think. They have matches there on weekends.
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 12:45:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I shoot monthly PRS centerfire and rimfire matches at Jacob’s Plain Gun Club. The range is members only, however you don’t have to be a member to shoot the matches (I’m not).

PRS page
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 7:00:27 PM EDT
[#4]
East Texas covers a huge area. As large as Houston is, we only have two clubs hosting 3 gun matches now. Sadly, multigun is a dwindling sport here. Fewer clubs are hosting matches compared to USPSA or IDPA.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 12:00:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I’m looking to relocated the family from AZ. I work from home and can live pretty much wherever I want. I have other search criteria, but are there any good local matches and ranges in East TX? I like to shoot 2 gun, 3 gun, PCC, USPSA, PRS, and NRL.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
View Quote

@Zog117

I moved here from AZ about a year ago myself. I just starting to dip my toes in long range. I local took me to his range where they have regular PRS matches at CCC Shooting Complex. I was told they have healthy PCC competitions too.  

PractiScore does have a few matches to help get you started on where to look. I have a couple ranges I have been going to for IDPA and USPSA weekly shoots. Found a couple 2-gun matches.

Feel free to IM me.
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 6:34:19 PM EDT
[#6]
This place hosts monthly matches and a few 2 day national finishers: CCC Shooting Complex

It's hard to make recommendations without knowing where you are in east Texas.  What is your nearest city?
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 5:51:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Arklatex Multigun.  They shoot at the Texarkana Gun Club near Maud, Texas.  I've been shooting matches there for 3 years.  They have high quality matches with a good combination of natural terrain and bay stages.  Matches are usually 3rd Saturday of the month, year round.

Practiscore listing for Arklatex Multigun
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 12:32:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
i'm a member of a range between Longview and Kilgore, just east of Tyler.  East Texas Rifle and Pistol Club, ETRPC.com i think. They have matches there on weekends.
View Quote
Another vote for ETRPC

there is also a new range in Marshall.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top