Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/25/2021 3:35:32 PM EDT
Looking at another suppressor.  Found this shop online.  Any experience with MrSilencer in Mesa?
Link Posted: 7/25/2021 4:02:24 PM EDT
[#1]
He’s GTG.
Link Posted: 7/25/2021 4:34:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/25/2021 9:14:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/25/2021 9:58:39 PM EDT
[#4]
I have been a customer of his for a few years. I highly recommend his shop!
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 1:04:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Appreciate it guys.  In need of a suppressor.  I assume he has the silencershop machine so it will be an easy process.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 2:03:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Appreciate it guys.  In need of a suppressor.  I assume he has the silencershop machine so it will be an easy process.
View Quote

If you go to Silencer Shop's website, they will tell which dealers have their kiosk.  

I just bought my first suppressor and it was really easy going through Silencer Shop.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 2:13:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

If you go to Silencer Shop's website, they will tell which dealers have their kiosk.  

I just bought my first suppressor and it was really easy going through Silencer Shop.
View Quote

How long was the process?
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 2:33:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Buying from Silencer Shop is quick.  Just setup your account with the pertinent information and upload a photo.  

They will email you a code which you take to a dealer with a kiosk and use that to upload your finger prints to your profile.  Follow the simple instructions on the kiosk.  

If you bought the stamp and trust through Silencer Shop, they send you the filled out paperwork (complete with CLEO signature) for you to sign electronically.

Once that is done the long part starts, which is waiting for the feds.  

That's where I'm at now.  Silencer Shop will Form 3 the can to your dealer, which doesn't take that long.

Then, your Form 4 will go to the ATF.  You will probably have to wait 4-6 months or more for it to come back approved.  The more people on your trust, the longer the approval will likely take.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 9:23:11 AM EDT
[#9]
I am already in the Silencer Shop from buying a suppressor last year so should be a snap.  

Only problem I had the first time was getting the machine to read my prints.  Took multiple trials to get it to work.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 10:43:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Mr. Silencer is VERY GTG.  I have been dealing with Bruce for years and yes, he does have the S.S. Kiosk in his shop.  
My prints also took some time/tries for the Kiosk to accept them.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 9:14:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Mr. Silencer is VERY GTG.  I have been dealing with Bruce for years and yes, he does have the S.S. Kiosk in his shop.  
My prints also took some time/tries for the Kiosk to accept them.
View Quote

Thanks.  Going tomorrow to buy a suppressor for the MP5 with a 3 lug adapter.  I know the adapters aren't available everywhere now but I'll start the suppressor and hope he can get one.
Link Posted: 7/27/2021 1:49:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Just be aware that you have to wait outside until they open the door for you.
Link Posted: 7/27/2021 7:39:41 PM EDT
[#13]
are there any class 3 dealers that will help you e-file a form 1 using the silencer shop kiosk for a fee?
Link Posted: 7/27/2021 8:17:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Went there today.  Very helpful, lots of choices, and very competent in getting the transfer done especially since I was already in the silencershop.  So far very satisfied with them.

My only outstanding issue which is probably me being an old fogie is I can't figure out how to pay the $200 tax stamp.  I know I've done it before so whatever.  Got an email into the silencershop and when I get that done just the waiting part.

Would recommend anyone buying a suppressor in the phoenix area visit them.

And yeah the closed door part was weird.  
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 1:24:55 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Went there today.  Very helpful, lots of choices, and very competent in getting the transfer done especially since I was already in the silencershop.  So far very satisfied with them.

My only outstanding issue which is probably me being an old fogie is I can't figure out how to pay the $200 tax stamp.  I know I've done it before so whatever.  Got an email into the silencershop and when I get that done just the waiting part.

Would recommend anyone buying a suppressor in the phoenix area visit them.

And yeah the closed door part was weird.  
View Quote

Are you buying from the local guy or from Silencer Shop?  If from Silencer Shop, they have an option on the website for purchasing the stamp.  It's $205 and they do all the paperwork for you.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 8:16:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Are you buying from the local guy or from Silencer Shop?  If from Silencer Shop, they have an option on the website for purchasing the stamp.  It's $205 and they do all the paperwork for you.
View Quote

I bought from the local guy but Silencershop has a mechanism to pay the tax fee through them.  And it's done.  I am now in the waiting period.  I would recommend Mr Silencer.  They were very prompt, knowledgeable and helpful.  Would use again.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 11:32:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I bought from the local guy but Silencershop has a mechanism to pay the tax fee through them.  And it's done.  I am now in the waiting period.  I would recommend Mr Silencer.  They were very prompt, knowledgeable and helpful.  Would use again.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is it the same as buying the $205 stamp on their website?  I've been wondering how to get the same convenience that I got buying through them if I were to buy locally or from another place online.
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 12:07:13 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Is it the same as buying the $205 stamp on their website?  I've been wondering how to get the same convenience that I got buying through them if I were to buy locally or from another place online.
View Quote

Yes.  They send you an email to respond to so you can pay that $205.  Simple to do.  Only problem I ran into was I could not tell that it had accepted my purchase even though my CC showed the charge.  So I sent silencershop an email asking for confirmation.  Got it inside 12 hours.

Folks like Mr Silencer and Silencershop have really streamlined the whole purchase NFA thing.  I mean they are still stuck in the NFA purgatory but the process is painless and then you just wait.  

Link Posted: 8/5/2021 12:37:18 AM EDT
[#19]
Bruce is a great guy
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 7:18:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Bruce is a good guy. Bought my first suppressor from him when he was working out of his house many years ago. Currently have a AEM5 at his shop, waiting for paperwork to be approved.
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 11:48:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Bruce is a good guy. Bought my first suppressor from him when he was working out of his house many years ago. Currently have a AEM5 at his shop, waiting for paperwork to be approved.
View Quote

I second this. Bruce is a great guy and so is his manager Shawn. Very good friendly staff with no stupid gun store personalities to deal with. I have purchased three suppressors from Mr. silencer and frequent the shop often for various miscellaneous AR15 parts.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top