Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/11/2021 10:58:21 AM EDT
Will be moving to Kenosha.  

Moving to be by wife's family.  I have visited 3 times now. Once in the winter,  last Christmas, and summer.  Loved the brats and the diners!  Didn't see much snow,  but felt -7/-13 wind chill. I know it gets colder!!

We are both very conservative voters? When is the day to get Evers out?  

Where are the ranges?  Willing to drive. Here I drive 30/45 to get to a range.

Do guns act different in your cold temp ranges?  

Boot recommdations for outside work, hiking?  My feet get the coldest is low temps.  

Going to have to study your gun/knife laws.  

Link Posted: 9/11/2021 4:24:20 PM EDT
[#1]
You are moving to a one of the states where showing up at the last minute with 100k Democrat ballots was pioneered.  Family is not one of the things for which I'd relocate.  I hope her family is extra super special.
Link Posted: 9/11/2021 8:44:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Will be moving to Kenosha.  

Moving to be by wife's family.  I have visited 3 times now. Once in the winter,  last Christmas, and summer.  Loved the brats and the diners!  Didn't see much snow,  but felt -7/-13 wind chill. I know it gets colder!!

We are both very conservative voters? When is the day to get Evers out?  

Where are the ranges?  Willing to drive. Here I drive 30/45 to get to a range.

Do guns act different in your cold temp ranges?  

Boot recommdations for outside work, hiking?  My feet get the coldest is low temps.  

Going to have to study your gun/knife laws.  

View Quote

https://www.racinecountylinerifleclub.com/

Yes, a cold bore shot will change POI when it's that cold.  

Good socks.  
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 8:47:24 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm about 9 miles west of you,  over in Wheatland.
There's Bristol gun range , Wisconsin Sportsmans Association,  Racine County Rifle, and Winchester.
Only one that I'm familiar with is Wisconsin Sportsmans, but I let my membership go 9 years ago
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 9:03:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Don’t move to kenosha. Whatever you do stay west of  I-94
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 2:00:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Don't move to kenosha. Whatever you do stay west I-94
View Quote
This. Kenosha is a shithole.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 5:48:49 PM EDT
[#6]
We had a hard time finding rental houses outside Kenosha. I'm not excited to move to Kenosha itself,  but at this time that is where we are starting.

West of 94 is where I wanted to go but couldn't find anything for rent.  

Tx laws are nice,  especially with Constitutional Carry passing and our Heart Beat Bill.

I know a poster stated they would not move for family, but if my mom was still here,  I'd move anywhere to be with her. I choose to honor my wife and move so she can be with her parents who are older.

I hope to meet like minded WI folk.   I plan to be one more call/email to our legislators to make changes.  Constitutional Carry did not pass on TX the first time!  

Anyway thanks for the advice!  
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 10:33:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
We had a hard time finding rental houses outside Kenosha. I'm not excited to move to Kenosha itself,  but at this time that is where we are starting.

Tx laws are nice,  especially with Constitutional Carry passing and our Heart Beat Bill.

I know a poster stated they would not move for family, but if my mom was still here,  I'd move anywhere to be with her. I choose to honor my wife and move so she can be with her parents who are older.

I hope to meet like minded WI folk.   I plan to be one more call/email to our legislators to make changes.  Constitutional Carry did not pass on TX the first time!  

View Quote
Well on the bright side, you'll be a short drive to Midwest Industries in Waukesha.

I'm about 1hr and a half west of Kenosha.
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 10:25:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah, not much in the way of rentals west of Kenosha until you get to Burlington or Lake Geneva(fuck that, btw) as it's all smaller towns. I live just under an hour west of you in Walworth Co. Family is what matters, good on you for supporting your wife. Decent amount of members in this area, so feel free to ask about stuff to do in the area.

Also, don't forget to find a great fish fry place, as friday is always just around the corner.
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 6:23:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Yeah, not much in the way of rentals west of Kenosha until you get to Burlington or Lake Geneva(fuck that, btw) as it's all smaller towns. I live just under an hour west of you in Walworth Co. Family is what matters, good on you for supporting your wife. Decent amount of members in this area, so feel free to ask about stuff to do in the area.

Also, don't forget to find a great fish fry place, as friday is always just around the corner.
View Quote
Yeah avoid Lake Geneva in the summer. FIB's glore (FIB is a term WI uses for Fucking Illinois Bastards ). I worked there for 8 yrs. Getting across town SUCKED in the summer.
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 11:09:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Yeah avoid Lake Geneva in the summer. FIB's glore (FIB is a term WI uses for Fucking Illinois Bastards ). I worked there for 8 yrs. Getting across town SUCKED in the summer.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for the replies!
I understand how yall feel about FIB's!  We are absorbing Cali trash in Texas and of course the border stupidity.
I saw the traffic at Lake Geneva this summer, yeah crazy!

Can't wait for fish fry Friday's!  

I'm looking forward to the challenge of living in snow and ice!
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 8:52:41 AM EDT
[#11]
It's kind of a hike, but try Local Folks over in Spades Corner.
Baked Cod with homemade potato pancakes!
Everything is all you can eat, not just the fish
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 4:25:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Shoot, Slades Corner is like 15 minutes from me. I'll have to give that a try.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 5:57:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Thanks, we will be trying this place.  36 mins from wife's parents house. Coming from my city in Texas, 36 mins is an average drive!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top