Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/4/2021 8:59:02 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 10:19:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Woodinville is nice.  Of course, any place with over 100 breweries, wineries and distilleries can't be all bad!  :)
Link Posted: 7/5/2021 10:08:33 AM EDT
[#2]
If you had posted this thread before making a home purchasing decision you could have avoided buying in the worst, most oppressive county in the state.
Link Posted: 7/5/2021 1:25:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Welcome back to WA!

Woodinville is a nice area. Unfortunately it's in King County. But it's hard to escape King County if you need to be somewhere close to Seattle or the Eastside, unless you like long commutes.

We are pretty far left on the woke-o-meter here, but I'm guessing no worse than MA.
Link Posted: 7/5/2021 1:54:09 PM EDT
[#4]
WA is better than MA for guns.

Woodinville us good as long as she works nearby, and not in Seaasshole.
Link Posted: 7/5/2021 9:35:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Welcome. We need more sensible people around here.
Link Posted: 7/6/2021 5:23:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Keep your mind/body/soul & money out of Seattle. Also avoid patronizing woke Bellevue & Kirkland (& pretty much the east side of the lake) whenever possible.
Link Posted: 7/6/2021 6:05:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/6/2021 6:06:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/6/2021 6:09:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/6/2021 6:09:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/6/2021 9:00:59 PM EDT
[#11]
A lot has changed in Washington in last 20 years.

This is now Kali North.
Link Posted: 7/6/2021 9:11:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/6/2021 10:07:44 PM EDT
[#13]
The Securite Gun Club is a fairly new indoor range in Woodinville.  I've been to the retail portion (looks nice and has some good stuff) but haven't shot there.   https://securitegunclub.com/
For outdoor shooting you might try my range, Snoqualmie Valley Rifle Club, over by Snoqualmie Falls.  http://www.svrifle.org/

Link Posted: 7/9/2021 1:21:39 AM EDT
[#14]
Have a safe move.
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 1:37:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'm guessing you've never lived in MA, CT, RI, NY, NJ, DE, MD, CA, etc
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If you had posted this thread before making a home purchasing decision you could have avoided buying in the worst, most oppressive county in the state.

I'm guessing you've never lived in MA, CT, RI, NY, NJ, DE, MD, CA, etc

Nope. But if I had I think I would be even more inclined to buy a house just a few miles away in an adjoining county. I mean Woodinville is literally right on the border.

The good news is that if you shop at Costco the Woodinville store has the lowest sales tax around as it is in an unincorporated area.
Link Posted: 7/10/2021 1:59:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Are you looking to adopt another adult son when you get here?
Link Posted: 7/10/2021 9:17:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/10/2021 9:21:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/10/2021 9:22:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 3:02:47 AM EDT
[#20]
God Damn brother, most of us are tired of fighting and ready to leave as fast as we can......and here you come!  Sounds like you have good paying employment; you'll need it.  Maybe we'll hook up at a shoot or something.  Geographically it's spectacular here, politically, it's a train wreck.
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 10:26:45 AM EDT
[#21]
As far as shooting stuff goes, we have a member who works at Wade's, so you'll get treated like a king there. I know the prices suck, but, they suck everywhere now. And, if you don't get a red carpet welcome, I'll chew on Wade. He usually hires assholes.
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 5:42:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Sweet! That's one area we are looking at next year, however ideally I'd like to be in Snohomish county. We will be in the same boat for schooling.
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 10:36:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

What do you bring to the deal? I hope it's lots of ammo and stuff that needs stamps
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Are you looking to adopt another adult son when you get here?

What do you bring to the deal? I hope it's lots of ammo and stuff that needs stamps

I've got quite a bit of brass cased 5.56 but no cool NFA stuff
Link Posted: 7/15/2021 11:57:04 AM EDT
[#24]
We need more progun people and pro-logic people in WA.
Link Posted: 7/15/2021 2:41:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
We're moving in a month.... my wife gets calls all the time from recruiters, one day her boss (CEO) pissed her off so much that she took one of the calls, turned into a bunch of interviews and a job offer for a very big job.

So we're moving...... Bought a house in Woodinville, sold our current house, wife and kids are flying but I'm driving across country because the movers won't move guns and ammo.

Looking forward to exploring the PNW, kinda know what to expect as we lived in Vancouver WA in 2002-2003, looking forward to all the ourdoor stuff (views/hiking/lakes), looking forward to a lot less snow in the winter, looking forward to gun laws that are slightly less retarded than what I have to deal with now (most of my guns and mags have been in a storage unit in NH for years).

I'm sorry for your loss Op
Hope to meet some hometown people eventually.

View Quote
Link Posted: 7/15/2021 7:18:49 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

This ?
We won't change the legislature buy running away.
Link Posted: 7/15/2021 9:05:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sorry, no net gain.

My wife and I are heading outta WA in about 12 months.

In fact, probably net loss. We know 6 other married couples with kids that are bolting or have bolted from WA to AZ, UT, TX and FL.
Link Posted: 7/16/2021 3:42:44 PM EDT
[#28]
The REALITY is,
Washington is a lost cause, hence Kali North.
Myself and others also leaving.
Everyone should know, when to leave a Sinking Ship.
Link Posted: 7/16/2021 4:41:13 PM EDT
[#29]
I don't think it's a sinking ship yet.
I know there has been a growth in pro guns in WA.  Many people I know who I would have never thought they would buy a gun.. bought a gun. They are begging for me to take them out shooting. Many of them are democrats, and dare say some of them are liberals too.
Not it is not to say that it will fix their beliefs on the other stuff, but I'm hoping it won't be as much as a up hill battle for the last 4 years to protect our 2nd Amendments.
Link Posted: 7/16/2021 10:56:37 PM EDT
[#30]
9th circus cases going to the SCOTUS may make Washington a little more livable. But, it will take some time to happen.
Link Posted: 7/17/2021 11:20:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I don't think it's a sinking ship yet.
I know there has been a growth in pro guns in WA.  Many people I know who I would have never thought they would buy a gun.. bought a gun. They are begging for me to take them out shooting. Many of them are democrats, and dare say some of them are liberals too.
Not it is not to say that it will fix their beliefs on the other stuff, but I'm hoping it won't be as much as a up hill battle for the last 4 years to protect our 2nd Amendments.
View Quote

I'm wearing a life jacket on land!!!!
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 12:57:39 AM EDT
[#32]
Dont let the naysayers get you down. We've avoided both AW and magazine bans the Gov and attorney general pushed HARD for a few times already.

This isn't kalifornia in the 80s/90s. That shit down there started with the stockton school yard shooting ('89) at the height of salt wepunz hysteria and no organized front on our side. The dims had a good tailwind down there then. Not so much here now. Im not saying it aint coming but we've been very fortunate so far with grass roots efforts.

This is the FB group thats been making waves and pissing off the anti groups here in Wa. Quite a few of them post here too. They run a tight ship. Join up!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/walegislativeactiongroup/?ref=share
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 12:12:11 AM EDT
[#33]
Let me know when you get here..

Were close.
Link Posted: 7/23/2021 9:39:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
WA is better than MA for guns.

Woodinville us good as long as she works nearby, and not in Seaasshole.
View Quote

For now. Every damn year it's a battle.
Link Posted: 7/24/2021 6:10:52 PM EDT
[#35]
I hope you are outside the RTA taxing area OP. Some parts of Woodinville are in, some are out.

I'm paying several thousand extra dollars a year on vehicle tabs, on top of the stupid property taxes, every other tax and they just added a 7% cap gains tax and a long term life care tax as well.

I think I am going to re-register some of my vehicles to my Idaho address because they don't appear to be enforcing many traffic laws in WA anyway.

You can check your address here: https://rtamaps2.soundtransit.org/st_determineaddress.html

Securite is a really nice high end indoor range, expensive but fun to visit. If you want something more down to earth and outside, Interlake Sporting is 15 mins away and Snoqualmie Valley Rifle is 45 mins.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 8:01:50 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 8:03:58 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 5:08:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Welcome to RTA.
Link Posted: 8/7/2021 5:17:43 AM EDT
[#39]
I hope you managed to catch the end of summer!
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 10:13:33 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 10/2/2021 6:27:58 PM EDT
[#41]
Washington is a beautiful state, you'll love it.

We moved to Idaho 2 years ago now, and I want to move back.

I hate the laws and the BS politics, but it's home and always will be.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top