Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2021 5:26:27 PM EDT
We will be in the Woodlands Area north of Houston. What can I expect?
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 5:48:23 PM EDT
[#1]
We do use a shit ton of electric, will that be a problem?
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 9:42:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Electricity is available except when really cold.

If you don’t have to go into Houston much, you’ll be in a nice area. Several lakes nearby, including Lake Conroe, which is nice for fishing and water sports. Close to Sam Houston forest for camping.

Link Posted: 2/27/2021 1:00:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Electricity is available except when really cold.

If you don’t have to go into Houston much, you’ll be in a nice area. Several lakes nearby, including Lake Conroe, which is nice for fishing and water sports. Close to Sam Houston forest for camping.

View Quote

I will only need to drive past Huston on my way to Galveston to fish in the gulf.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 5:18:31 AM EDT
[#4]
You should probably learn how to spell Houston, before you arrive.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 10:34:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Invention idea:  A system that turns mosquitoes and humidity into electricity.  You'll be rich beyond measure.

The Woodlands area would be your test bed.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 11:29:10 AM EDT
[#6]
I’m not familiar with that part of the state, but welcome to Texas.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 12:24:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
You should probably learn how to spell Houston, before you arrive.
View Quote

Noted and done
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 4:50:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Electric here is dirt cheap.

If you like yuppies and a 100k dollar premium on your house you will like the Woodlands.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 10:46:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Electric here is dirt cheap.

If you like yuppies and a 100k dollar premium on your house you will like the Woodlands.
View Quote

Well I am moving from Washington State home of Starbucks.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 11:03:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Conroe here.  The woodlands is a nice area.  Better know exactly where you're going when you try to get somewhere though, because every single building in the woodlands is obscured from the road by trees.  So you can't see the Lowes or the Walmart or whatever until it's past time to turn.  That's what bugs me about the woodlands
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 11:31:47 PM EDT
[#11]
I think we will be closer to or in Porter Texas. I wasn’t sure if anyone ever heard of Porter.

I spent my early youth in Abbeville La. figured I’d be closer to family but not too close.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 12:20:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Conroe here.  The woodlands is a nice area.  Better know exactly where you're going when you try to get somewhere though, because every single building in the woodlands is obscured from the road by trees.  So you can't see the Lowes or the Walmart or whatever until it's past time to turn.  That's what bugs me about the woodlands
View Quote

Howdy neighbor

Montgomery here.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 11:39:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I think we will be closer to or in Porter Texas. I wasn’t sure if anyone ever heard of Porter.

I spent my early youth in Abbeville La. figured I’d be closer to family but not too close.
View Quote

Porter has a new Harbor Freight Tools and an already established Walmart and Home Depot.
Check your flood maps... there is a reason that cheap housing is all along FM 1960, I-69, HW-90, FM-146 and is never reported about in local news.
Also check I-45's cheap real estate.  Porter and New Caney are Kenefick's new DLE as the locals talk.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 12:48:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Howdy neighbor

Montgomery here.
View Quote

Hey friend!
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 12:59:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Howdy, and welcome to Montgomery County.

Tons of bike paths, parks, and public art. Decent bars down by Hughes Landing / Waterway although Covid has hit them pretty hard.

Watch your speed, those guys seem bored out of their mind most of the time and love giving tickets.

Lot's of trees over there, and it kind of feels like the roads are all the same and everything is tucked back in the woods.

Nice golf courses, and decent steakhouses.

Check out Tejas Chocolate & BBQ, and their Smoked Hamburgers in downtown Tomball when you get a chance.

We live just a little East of 45/99.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 1:42:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Hope you like it hot and humid.   Like Africa hot in a steam room while wearing a sauna suit in the summer.    You will most likely run your AC 11 months out of the year if not 12.  Four of the months will be non stop.

The area is nice.  If your not driving to Houston then you should be good to go.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top