Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/12/2021 5:07:12 PM EDT
Moving to Somerset/Pulaski County around the end of next month from the war zone commonly known as Atlanta. Hope to meet some of the nearby folks once i get settled in.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 5:19:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Welcome to Ky.
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 2:16:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Moving to Somerset/Pulaski County around the end of next month from the war zone commonly known as Atlanta. Hope to meet some of the nearby folks once i get settled in.
View Quote

Once we get down to our new home, we’ll be a half hour or so from there in Rockcastle county. Should be this spring.
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 10:47:54 PM EDT
[#3]
My wife lived in Somerset and has family in Russell County.  Lots of gun owners and good people in the area, just not sure how many on this board.  Somerset is just over an hour away from Lexington and that will create some opportunities to meet people.  

What was the reason to moving to Somerset?  Do you have a boat?  Lake Cumberland is an awesome lake, a lot bigger than Lake Lanier.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 10:24:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

About as opposite as opposite can be on demographics. Culture shock in 10....9...8...
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 11:23:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Moving from Tampa to TN, South KY, or West NC. South KY especially Somerset/Pulaski is looking very attractive. Want to be away from people. Want the place to remain the same as it is now. Can't wait! TT
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 12:36:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Welcome to the area. I'm in Laurel Co, neighboring county to Pulaski.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 3:09:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Wife's family is in Somerset/Pulaski county so that moved the dial on the decision. Plus needed to get away from Atlanta...tks
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 11:15:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Once we get down to our new home, we’ll be a half hour or so from there in Rockcastle county. Should be this spring.
View Quote

Funny, I knew a Hunter/Jumper lady who lived in Rockcastle Co, hubby did something with Ft Campbell.

Beautiful area, but it's growing too.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 3:31:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Funny, I knew a Hunter/Jumper lady who lived in Rockcastle Co, hubby did something with Ft Campbell.

Beautiful area, but it's growing too.
View Quote

Funny, hubby and I were both stationed at Ft Campbell and I’ve trained/ridden jumpers for over a decade. We bought our place in Sept and still havent seen it with our own eyes.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 2:10:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

About as opposite as opposite can be on demographics. Culture shock in 10....9...8...
View Quote

I would be disappointed if I moved and was still in a war zone. Atlanta has become a magnet for shooting, street crime and is looking more and more like LA with the ever expanding tent cities popping up.
I'm hoping not to have to carry 2 guns and a knife just to go shopping.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top