Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/12/2023 2:21:07 AM EDT
Got a newly built house in South Palm Coast, closing on May 25 and moving down June 10 from Virginia. Visited there about 3 weeks ago and found the house with a realtor, Trump flags and Bennington flags flying in front of houses on the cul-de-sac, so that is promising. I'm bringing solid conservative political beliefs and voting with me (I know some don't like Trump, but I'll take a neighbor with a Trump flag over a neighbor with a Biden or rainbow flag any day). I'll be about a 15 minute drive from Flagler Beach, where I had 2 great lunches at the Funky Pelican when visiting.

Anyhoo, looking for pointers on what to check out or look out for from anyone familiar with the area. Ranges or gun store recommendations, or just anything cool in general. Definitely will explore St. Augustine and the 2 forts there as I am way into history stuff. I'm a single dude early 40s, and I enjoy beer and meat. I am hoping to do a lot of fishing (freshwater and saltwater), hunting (hopefully feral pigs but other game as well), and crabbing. Not planning to buy a saltwater boat and instead just do shore/pier fishing and crabbing, and the occasional charter to get the deep water fish. May consider a small bass boat for the huge lakes nearby, Crescent and George.

ETA, looking for Bible-believing Church in the area as well, so if anyone happens to know of any good ones I would appreciate it.

Thanks fellers!
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 11:07:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Congrats on the move. I'm in the county just south of you. I haven't spent much time in Flagler county or Palm Coast, but I have some friends that go to Flagler Beach pretty often.

St. Augustine is fun. If you've never been, find a trolly tour. Ripley's does one. Their "Believe it or not" thing wasn't really for me, but they did a good tour of the area.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 11:34:43 AM EDT
[#2]
https://flaglergunclub.com/
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 11:45:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
ETA, looking for Bible-believing Church in the area as well,
View Quote

What churches have you found that don't believe in the bible?
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 12:50:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

What churches have you found that don't believe in the bible?
View Quote

There are a lot of churches that teach things that are contrary to the Bible, such as doing good works to earn your way to Heaven, or have female pastors (forbidden in the Bible), or like Joel Osteen or other megachurch "pastors" that are just in it to make millions and don't actually preach the Gospel.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 2:47:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Congrats on the move. I'm in the county just south of you. I haven't spent much time in Flagler county or Palm Coast, but I have some friends that go to Flagler Beach pretty often.

St. Augustine is fun. If you've never been, find a trolly tour. Ripley's does one. Their "Believe it or not" thing wasn't really for me, but they did a good tour of the area.
View Quote

Thanks for the info; I will check out that tour after I get settled in.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top