Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/8/2020 6:44:52 PM EDT
Hey folks! Active duty Air Force, and moving to Bellevue next week. Will be there for at least a few years.

What’s the word on outdoor activities, hunting lands, ranges, etc?

Recommended instructors for a CCW class? Already have a VA permit, but want to get the Nebraska one for ease of gun buying.

Hopeful to find some folks that wanna do some prairie dog hunting in the coming months as well.
Link Posted: 3/9/2020 3:22:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By YoungGun92:
Hey folks! Active duty Air Force, and moving to Bellevue next week. Will be there for at least a few years.

What’s the word on outdoor activities, hunting lands, ranges, etc?

Recommended instructors for a CCW class? Already have a VA permit, but want to get the Nebraska one for ease of gun buying.

Hopeful to find some folks that wanna do some prairie dog hunting in the coming months as well.
View Quote
There are plenty of good state areas to go hiking and camping not too far a drive from the Omaha area.  Ranges are a combination of paid ones in the area, including a couple of membership outdoor ones, or driving about an hour south to go to a wildlife management area that doesn't have a good backstop.

I can't recommend a CCW instructor as I got one of the two available when they first came out so I'm sure there are better ones around now.  

I've wanted to do prairie dog hunting as well, but I don't have a good contact and don't want to pay someone to shoot their vermin.  

And welcome to the area.
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 8:06:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Tactical 88 would be my choice for CCW class, it’s also one of the best indoor ranges I have ever seen.
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 8:47:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AdHoc:
Tactical 88 would be my choice for CCW class, it’s also one of the best indoor ranges I have ever seen.
View Quote
I have a friend that's a member.  Upstairs is very nice overall.
Link Posted: 3/14/2020 12:22:05 AM EDT
[#4]
If you want a nice outdoor range Eastern Nebraska Gun Club is where you want to go.  Rifle ranges out to 600 yards and lots of pistol bags.
Link Posted: 3/16/2020 10:26:12 PM EDT
[#5]
I appreciate the responses gents. I’ll be checking out the ranges y’all suggested as soon as this virus stuff calms down. So far I’m loving the area and really looking forward to making it home
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 2:39:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By alemonkey:
If you want a nice outdoor range Eastern Nebraska Gun Club is where you want to go.  Rifle ranges out to 600 yards and lots of pistol bags.
View Quote
+1
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 10:01:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Another rec. for Eastern Nebraska Gun Club, if you like shooting outside, it’s well worth the small investment. On a side note, it’s also where the Air Force personnel do their rifle and pistol qualification. Website has all their information, schedules, etc. Omaha Gun Club is another solid indoor range (Tactical 88 is insanely nice but, maybe a little more expensive). Both have really solid CCW classes. Go check out Nebraska Game and Parks website, they have a lot of info on public lands, hunting, etc. If you call their offices, they’re good about tracking down info for you, too.
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 6:04:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HotelBravo] [#8]
In Northern Omaha there's Inner 10 which I highly recommend.  Indoor range and the staff are extremely nice.  

I'm a proficient shooter but my wife is still a little uncomfortable and is learning.  At Inner 10 they are extremely friendly and willing to help and teach new shooters.  To me 88 Tactical gives off an elitist vibe and they want you to pay for their courses because you aren't good enough.  Otherwise 88 Tactical is pretty nice and will be closer to you in Bellevue.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 11:34:56 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm down in Plattsmouth, one of the best CCW instructors I know is down here, Chaz Macrander with Concealed Carry Omaha. I also have some private land with a pistol and 300 yard rifle range if you wanna shoot sometime.
Link Posted: 7/20/2020 2:25:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By HotelBravo:
In Northern Omaha there's Inner 10 which I highly recommend.  Indoor range and the staff are extremely nice.  

I'm a proficient shooter but my wife is still a little uncomfortable and is learning.  At Inner 10 they are extremely friendly and willing to help and teach new shooters.  To me 88 Tactical gives off an elitist vibe and they want you to pay for their courses because you aren't good enough.  Otherwise 88 Tactical is pretty nice and will be closer to you in Bellevue.
View Quote

I'll second Inner 10 for their classes if you are in the North Omaha area sometime.  it's a smaller indoor range but the staff is friendly and knowledgeable, the range is clean and their prices are reasonable.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top