Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/18/2019 7:43:30 AM EDT
I live in Maryland and thinking of moving back to MA with family, which is a non Class III friendly State.  I have a .22 Sparrow, AAC M1000, and a LWRC 10” M4 SBR (with name and city engraved).  I obviously cant bring these with me. I can probably sell the LWRC M4 upper locally. what are my options to depart with the suppressors and lower without losing a lot if money?  Sell them to a shop? locally? mail them/sell online to another FFL?  i dont know much about class III transfers....only the initial process to obtain them.  Thanks guys!
Link Posted: 12/3/2019 5:37:40 PM EDT
[#1]
The easiest way would be to sell them to someone in state. You can sell the upper from the SBR to anyone as a pistol upper, that can be done anywhere without state resriction (except where ARs or pistol ARs aren't legal). Then part out everything else. You can have the lower removed from the NFA registry and sell it as a regular lower. With the cans, you can sell them to someone in the state and it would be a 1-tax stamp deal. In this case, you would be acting as the dealer who is transferring the cans to someone else. But that also means that you would be stuck holding onto the cans until the paperwork goes through (so figure 10-14 months).

By chance, are the cans and SBR under the ownership of you as an individual? Or a trust? If under a trust, you may be able to leave them with a trustee who lives in a non-communist state that allows class III.

If you are considering selling them on a Form 4, I'd be interested in talking prices with you. Let me know.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top