Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/14/2019 8:54:08 PM EDT
Oilfield related. Any information or insight is very much appreciated.
Link Posted: 11/2/2019 7:35:02 PM EDT
[#1]
That's not far from Lafayette. Lots of good places to eat if you're into Cajun food. The N.I Sherriff's office has a range open to the public, though I have never been to that one. I'm not very far from there, but don't know a lot about New Iberia specifically. Jungle Gardens near the Tabasco plant is a nice drive through scenic area.
https://www.iberiaso.org/firing-range/
Lafayette has a few pistol ranges also for a fee. There's always some sort of festival going on somewhere in South La. Ive seen them all. I pretty much skip them all except I usually try to make a day or 2 of Festival International.

What information are you specifically looking for? What sort of oilfield work are you going to be doing?

Good Luck!
Link Posted: 11/10/2019 12:48:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Look at Youngsville or Broussard areas for housing.
Link Posted: 11/16/2019 5:03:47 PM EDT
[#3]
I will be doing wireline offshore. Camp is based in New Iberia. Just looking for areas to avoid, areas where maybe look for housing, good restaurants, good bars where like minded people might gather, things a northerner should avoid doing and so on....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top