Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/23/2022 6:49:43 PM EDT
Moving to NH from NC soon. I was wondering if I have a gun transferred to an FFL if I need to have an NH drivers license? I have an NC drivers license and an NC conceal carry permit. Not sure how long it will take to get an NH drivers license and if I need to wait to buy anything until I do.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 6:53:37 PM EDT
[#1]
You'll have to wait till youre a resident to buy. You'll get a temporary Id when you transfer.
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 12:34:21 PM EDT
[#2]
welcome to NH

Please vote conservative

You do not need a carry permit here but it is not a bad idea to get one

See the local Police for an application and pay the 10$ for it  I would suggest after you get your ID changed over
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 1:32:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You'll have to wait till youre a resident to buy. You'll get a temporary Id when you transfer.
View Quote

Will a temporary ID work for an FFL transfer?
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 1:33:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
welcome to NH

Please vote conservative

You do not need a carry permit here but it is not a bad idea to get one

See the local Police for an application and pay the 10$ for it  I would suggest after you get your ID changed over
View Quote

Thanks!
I didn't realize you could get a carry permit in NH. I'll look into it for sure
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 11:48:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote
Not usually.

Just be sure you have all your needed papers/docs for the DMV for your DL here.
NH DL Conversion from Other State

We did ours in 2019. Other than the wait (it was the big push for "real ID" DLs), it was 15 minutes at the desk for my Wife and I to convert both our DLs from MA to NH.

Welcome to NH!
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 5:36:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

It depends on the FFL.
I was able to buy a stripped lower from a FFL with just a paper temporary drivers license.

The temporary license is identical to the real one, just printed on paper. When the FFL calls it in it’s all the same info.

I’m sure a lot of dealers won’t do that so I’d ask before you start the process and 4473.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 11:09:50 AM EDT
[#7]
I have seen a transfer allowed on a NH Resident fishing license and a school ID. Not sure if it was legit, but they allowed it.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 10:59:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Legally, you need a government-issued ID that has a picture of you, your name, and your legal address. If one document doesn't have all of that, you can use multiple documents to fill the requirements.

The NH paper temporary license would work, legally. However, FFL policies may vary on what they are comfortable accepting.
Link Posted: 3/8/2022 12:33:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I have seen a transfer allowed on a NH Resident fishing license and a school ID. Not sure if it was legit, but they allowed it.
View Quote

I had to get a fishing license on my phone at a shop one time and print it out because I had just changed my address, so the one on my DL was incorrect.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top