Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/7/2018 11:23:20 AM EDT
Looking at homes around the Columbus area to be close to the kids (east side of Illinois and Dayton OH area).
I'm retired and the wife is a nurse, we are both still ever active and she would like to find a 1or 2 day a week job.
Any help would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 11:31:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Unless you have a specific reason to live in Columbus or within 15 miles, look at homes outside that radius.  Home costs are redonkulous. Other than that, there's really nothing about this area that's a negative.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 11:39:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Agreed to above, get a home outside Columbus otherwise it's a nice area. Close to I65/not horribly far from I74.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 4:02:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Oh, and STFO of Jennings Co./North Vernon... unless you're a fan of a meth & AIDS epidemic, and all the goodness that comes with it....
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 10:19:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I’d look in the Morgan county area as well. Some decent prices on property and still close to Indy. Taxes are better as well. Brown county isn’t bad but more rural.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 8:46:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Move to Hendricks, Boone or Hamilton county.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 9:28:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Oops
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 8:56:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Move to Hendricks, Boone or Hamilton county.
View Quote
Too much flat ag land for my tastes
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top