Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/2/2020 12:57:48 PM EDT
My family and I are getting ready to move to the Greenville area from out of state. I'm looking forward to exploring, but hoping for local recommendations as well. Can anyone suggest a place to get good meat in bulk, like half a cow or pig? A place to get good quality woodworkers tools or antique tools? Also a place for quality wood? A health food shop? A yarn shop? Hiking/jogging trails? Any anti-2A places to avoid? Fun places for teens or tweens? I appreciate any nuggets of wisdom you can send my way.
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 10:14:22 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
My family and I are getting ready to move to the Greenville area from out of state. I'm looking forward to exploring, but hoping for local recommendations as well. Can anyone suggest a place to get good meat in bulk, like half a cow or pig? Couple of places in the general area. Bonham meats in Greenville, Whiskey Pig in Kinston and Country Butcher in Goldsboro. Those are all within 1/2 hour or so of Greenville.
A place to get good quality woodworkers tools or antique tools? Also a place for quality wood? No idea on this one, but there seem to be plenty of antique tools that show up on local marketplaces
A health food shop? Not sure on this one either but there should be plenty in and around Greenville A yarn shop? The usual craft stores, Hobby Lobby, Michaels, and there is a sew shop on Evans I can't recall the name of right now.
Hiking/jogging trails? The greenway that runs along the Tar river is nice for running.
Any anti-2A places to avoid? Not many around here to speak of.
Fun places for teens or tweens? Parks, theaters, plenty of youth sports, and the city does some summer activities.They usually do things at town commons throughout the year, festivals, concerts, fireworks, etc.

I appreciate any nuggets of wisdom you can send my way.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 7:15:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Woodcraft in Charlotte as well as the Wurth Wood Group also in Charlotte.
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 5:56:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Thank you both. We'll be closing next month and I can't wait.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 3:30:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Woodcraft in Charlotte as well as the Wurth Wood Group also in Charlotte.
View Quote

Wrong Greenville.

I can't answer a lot of your questions, but I'll try a few of them.

There are a few state parks within an hour or so. There are a lot of walking and biking trails along the Greenway. A short drive to Washington NC is a decent day trip, and it isn't a long drive to the outer banks for a weekend retreat.

If you like sports, ECU is here. There are multiple parks around Greenville if your family likes outdoor entertainment.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 11:16:18 AM EDT
[#5]
B's BBQ is the best. Skylight probably has more published fame but they had to do a lot of marketing to get there. B's speaks for itself.

Don't be afraid of the building
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 5:41:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
B's BBQ is the best. Skylight probably has more published fame but they had to do a lot of marketing to get there. B's speaks for itself.

Don't be afraid of the building
View Quote

I have dreams about B's.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top