Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/18/2021 10:19:33 PM EDT
Hi Guys. I will be moving to Dallas, TX. Would like to stay somewhere in the middle between Addison Airport and Alliance Fort Worth airport.
For now looking for a 1 bdr apartment preferably under $1400. What would be a good area? Looking for a safe area with some nightlife I guess. Don't have much time to choose, so any help will be greatly appreciated!!
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 11:59:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Where's your job?  Minimize the commute you do 5 days a week, you can make a longer one on party nights.

In that range, it's Grapevine, Las Colinas (a part of Irving), Addison.  $1400 might be tight in Las Colinas and Addison, I don't know their rates, but they did have some big units open up.  Most of the other cities are suburbs without notable nightlife, although there are little pockets.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 12:23:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Job is at both airport. Couple weeks at each and can change as needed which is why I would like something in the middle.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 7:22:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Lots of decent to nice apartments in Carrollton & Farmers Branch, which are right next to Addison. Addison has a good night life, according to my wife and I's younger friends.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 10:13:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Middle points
Neighborhoods at the Sound in Coppell
Brickyard Apartments in Farmers Branch

Otherwise, Addison is the best pick. Get something near addison circle.

EDIT: Grapevine middle point, but it's probably skewed a bit older than addison would be. I wouldn't let that deter you though (assuming you're a young guy) as Grapevine is a nice area with things to do. It just won't beat out Addison circle for the younger demo.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 10:52:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Hi Guys. I will be moving to Dallas, TX. Would like to stay somewhere in the middle between Addison Airport and Alliance Fort Worth airport.
For now looking for a 1 bdr apartment preferably under $1400. What would be a good area? Looking for a safe area with some nightlife I guess. Don't have much time to choose, so any help will be greatly appreciated!!
View Quote

No idea about apartment prices these days, but I would choose Coppell/Grapevine area between those 2 points.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 11:13:15 AM EDT
[#6]
I have no opinions, just wanted to say Welcome to Texas!
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 11:34:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

No idea about apartment prices these days, but I would choose Coppell/Grapevine area between those 2 points.
View Quote

I think I read a couple of months back that Grapevine is the highest rent in DFW, but the same article said you can get an outstanding value on an apartment in Mesquite
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 11:46:53 AM EDT
[#8]
North Carrollton as a bunch of new stuff going up.  Easy access to DFW via 121 (south) and Addison via Tollway (south)
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:57:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Stay away from the Midway @ Rosemeade Parkway area which would be the northern border of Addison/Dallas/Carrollton. Not a good area with high property crime and murder compared with areas a mile or two away. That locale has a lot of Section 8 voucher housing.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 2:20:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Stay away from the Midway @ Rosemeade Parkway area which would be the northern border of Addison/Dallas/Carrollton. Not a good area with high property crime and murder compared with areas a mile or two away. That locale has a lot of Section 8 voucher housing.
View Quote

Very true!
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:14:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Thank you all. Not a young guy here, but not old. Have not reached 50 yet, but close.
So far, I have:
Highland Park West Lemon (seems to be a nicer area from what the wife says)
Bleecker at the Sound (Same as the Neighbors in Coppell) (better location for work)
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 4:21:03 PM EDT
[#12]
How is Richland Hills, TX?
Specifically the area around:
8515 Boulevard 26
North Richland Hills, TX 76180
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 7:39:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Very true!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Very true!

+1
Office has been on Midway Rd. backing up to ADS for 20+ years and this area has been steadily declining.  Coworker lives on the NW side of it and can't wait to get out.  Welcome to the Republic of Texas!

Jester
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 8:08:05 PM EDT
[#14]
You would be much better off if you were N up 26, closer to 114 and southlake and grapevine. The address you provided puts you close to hwy 183 which sucks.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 11:35:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Thank you all. Not a young guy here, but not old. Have not reached 50 yet, but close.
So far, I have:
Highland Park West Lemon (seems to be a nicer area from what the wife says)
Bleecker at the Sound (Same as the Neighbors in Coppell) (better location for work)
View Quote

If the Coppell apts I suggested meet your requirements for distance, you should choose that hands down.  They are BRAND NEW apartments, very nice, and they've built up a really cool little group of restaurants that pre-covid would have live music, etc.  Still pretty popular and busy, I just haven't gotten over there much and I bet it's a bit less robust at the moment.  It's incredibly easy here to jump on the highway and get where you need to go.  You're also 10-15 minutes away from Dallas Pistol Club which is an outdoor pistol/rimfire club with EXCELLENT facilities.  Members only (very reasonable fee to join) except for weekend competition events.

Highland park IS nice, but I don't see a compelling reason to be down there unless you're loaded ($$$) and plan on buying a very expensive house.  You'll end up getting jammed up in traffic and likely paying too much for rent.  There really isn't anything down there that you can't find in the burbs, it's highly overrated in my opinion.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:03:56 AM EDT
[#16]
OP look at the apartments on the south side of coppell and the new ones they’re building in grapevine. Neither are gonna have nightlife in the traditional sense, you’ll have to drive everywhere
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:29:10 AM EDT
[#17]
Looks like it will be the place in Coppell or Highland. Coppell is better for work commute, Highland is more of what the wife likes. Need to talk her into Coppell.

What is the area like around 1 Hebron Station Cir, Lewisville, TX 75057???
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:24:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Looks like it will be the place in Coppell or Highland. Coppell is better for work commute, Highland is more of what the wife likes. Need to talk her into Coppell.

View Quote

I used to commute past that ways. There’s a lot of restaurants just west of there but there’s a dump to the north east. Unsure how much smells may waft that way.

I’d pick coppell, its pretty central and grab a gun is down the street. Great lgs
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:21:15 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I used to commute past that ways. There’s a lot of restaurants just west of there but there’s a dump to the north east. Unsure how much smells may waft that way.

I’d pick coppell, its pretty central and grab a gun is down the street. Great lgs
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hebron Station will smell like the dump alot during the winter during the prevailing winds from the north. Otherwise its nice and close to IH35E and SH121
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:35:22 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Lewisville is not really a place that people say they can’t wait to move to.  It’s also next to a trash dump.

The new apartments your looking at in Coppell are technically in Dallas.  The land it’s on is left over because of the lake that was used for a power station that Dallas had at one time. It’s like a little island inside of Coppell.  The power station was shut down a while back and Dallas always kept the land.  Should not be a big deal but thought I would let you know as it can get confusing when you start looking things up sometimes.

One bit of warning about the Coppell location is traffic getting out of their property sometimes during rush hour in the AM can get though. It seems like some of the changes they made with traffic lights coming out of that area has helped.   The same company that built those have brand new units that they just finished in Grapevine next to Bass Pro and the mall.  It’s directly on the highway.  That could be good or bad.  For overall experience I would pick the Coppell location as they have several places to eat and drink walking distance where you would live.

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:10:39 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Hebron Station will smell like the dump alot during the winter during the prevailing winds from the north. Otherwise its nice and close to IH35E and SH121
View Quote

Came here to say this.  I can smell that landfill from the other side of Lewisville when it's raining.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 12:49:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Ok, So the Hebron apartments are out. They also don't allow German Shepherds so can't move there anyway.
Going to look into Grapevine a little more.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 1:07:44 PM EDT
[#23]
$1400 1br is doable in Addison. Won’t be huge. Nice area
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 1:35:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Ok, So the Hebron apartments are out. They also don't allow German Shepherds so can't move there anyway.
Going to look into Grapevine a little more.
View Quote

Here are the grapevine apartments I was referring to. https://www.wallisandbaker.com/

They seem a little high compare to the Coppell ones your looking at but who knows what it will really be after all the promotions.  

One thing I did notice about the difference between Coppell and Grapevine is the parking.  In Coppell it looks like the parking garage is just behind all the units they way they built them I.e. the appts are built surrounding the garage.  In Grapevive the garage is off to the side of all the units.

Now if you want to be in the same general area but spend less you could look at https://www.villasofvistaridgeapts.com/.  It’s in Lewisville but it’s on the city limits of Coppell and Lewisville.  They also have an attached garage on some of the units.  Units without a garage start under $1,000.  The reason they are cheaper is because they are technically in Lewisville and the schools for that area suck.

Let me know if you need any info about the Coppell area specifically.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:39:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Between Coppell and Grapevine, which is a better safer area?
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:44:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Prolly Coppell, but not by much
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:57:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Grapevine does have some areas that can be a little sketchy but that would be in a area that your not looking at.  Grapevine is much larger then Coppell and is more “diverse” as they say.   Schools are much better in Coppell then in Grapevine, Lewisville, Carrolton, Irving and Lewisville.  The housing prices in Coppell reflect that.  

If I was forced to tell you one over the other I would say Coppell.  I always rank a city by how many people take leisure walks in the middle of the day.  The more women and couples you see randomly walking around for leisure in the middle of the day when the average person works will tell you a lot about at area (i.e. they are financially set so they don’t have to work).    You see more people walking around in Coppell.

Interesting side note is that Coppell does have 2 trailer parks next to each other in it.  It’s left over from when Coppell was just farm and ranch land and a city grew up around it.   The park is on prime land and when the owners of the park finally sale it they are going to make bank.  The elementary school across  the street form it has the lowest test scores in the district.  There is also some interesting school boundaries in that area and the home prices are also reflected in that.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 5:03:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Thanks. No kids, so honestly schools are not an issue for me. My wife runs everyday so I need to make sure the area is safe for her.
Wallis and Baker is the apartments that we are looking at. Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 5:29:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

A couple of my kids friends lived near there a few years ago. A few co-workers as well. Nice enough I guess. Be sure to check if there is section 8 housing available at the appartments, or close by. You do not want that. Same goes for bus and train stops. Stay more than a mile away.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 5:31:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

Oh yea, the land fill. It smells like a land fill. I don't know how that golf course community survives.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 5:32:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Grapevine does have some areas that can be a little sketchy but that would be in a area that your not looking at.  Grapevine is much larger then Coppell and is more “diverse” as they say.   Schools are much better in Coppell then in Grapevine, Lewisville, Carrolton, Irving and Lewisville.  The housing prices in Coppell reflect that.  

If I was forced to tell you one over the other I would say Coppell.  I always rank a city by how many people take leisure walks in the middle of the day.  The more women and couples you see randomly walking around for leisure in the middle of the day when the average person works will tell you a lot about at area (i.e. they are financially set so they don’t have to work).    You see more people walking around in Coppell.

Interesting side note is that Coppell does have 2 trailer parks next to each other in it.  It’s left over from when Coppell was just farm and ranch land and a city grew up around it.   The park is on prime land and when the owners of the park finally sale it they are going to make bank.  The elementary school across  the street form it has the lowest test scores in the district.  There is also some interesting school boundaries in that area and the home prices are also reflected in that.
View Quote

great info here. we looked at some homes near that elementary school a year and a half ago - we didnt know there was a trailer park there till we were leaving a showing and drove past them by accident, and that answered our question about the home prices
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 6:14:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Thanks. No kids, so that is honestly schools are not an issue for me. My wife runs everyday so I need to make sure the area is safe for her.
Wallis and Baker is the apartments that we are looking at. Thanks!
View Quote

If safe running is something you want to have for her then Coppell is great. There are trails close by that go for miles .  

You may want to also look here
https://www.steadfastliving.com/Apartments-In/Coppell-TX/Lakeside-at-Coppell

There are trails that backup to this apartment complex.  It would not be my first choice to live in but there are much worse.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:25:28 AM EDT
[#33]
And remember , https://dallaspistolclub.com/
Is practically on the border of Coppell and Carrollton.  Private club, but open most weekends to all for competitions.

Due to special use permit issued by Carrollton,  only rifles allowed are rimfire, shotguns only in competitions  . Most handgun rounds allowed.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 5:20:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Lakeside in Flower Mound, or rental houses around Flower Mound.  The lake is nice but also gets in the way of commute.  I don't know how Lakeside is, we just build them, not live in them
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:57:20 AM EDT
[#35]
Thank you all for the advice!
Now to find a 500 yard rifle range.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 1:17:46 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Thank you all for the advice!
Now to find a 500 yard rifle range.
View Quote

Fossil Pointe is 800 yards. Kind of REALLY CROWDED the last few times I was there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top