Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/18/2020 12:28:10 PM EDT
Can I ship my rifles to my address up there or do they have to be shipped to an FFL?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/18/2020 1:18:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes you can ship your rifles to yourself. If you are not going to be here to receive them then ship them to yourself care of who ever is going to receive them and instruct them not to open the box.
Link Posted: 8/18/2020 2:42:35 PM EDT
[#2]
How are you coming up?  Alaska Air will allow you to check guns with them when you fly.  If they are "Fudd" guns you can bring them through Canada fairly easily.
Link Posted: 8/18/2020 4:12:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How are you coming up?  Alaska Air will allow you to check guns with them when you fly.  If they are "Fudd" guns you can bring them through Canada fairly easily.
View Quote

Given the ass pain I had to go through to legally bring ammo through Canada I wouldn’t want to see the ass pain to legally bring guns.
Link Posted: 8/18/2020 7:03:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys, much appreciated.
Link Posted: 8/22/2020 2:04:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Thanks guys, much appreciated.
View Quote
I shipped mine out of Sweet Grass up to Tok, painless except for the cost.

But it was worth it not to have to deal with Canadian Customs, and some of those weapons wouldn't have been let in anyway.
Link Posted: 8/22/2020 8:11:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Seet Grass is a bad place to cross. Thats where they gave me all the shit about the stuff in my truck. Had me there for hours going through my stuff.
Link Posted: 8/22/2020 8:21:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/22/2020 8:37:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Seet Grass is a bad place to cross. Thats where they gave me all the shit about the stuff in my truck. Had me there for hours going through my stuff.
View Quote
Been through there seven times so far, always dragging a big ass trailer, never had us go to secondary.

But, that's exactly why I chose to ship my guns up, instead of bringing even the fudds through the border.  Just don't want to give them any ideas that my crap is worth looking through. They'd get bored anyway, furniture books clothing shop tools and supplies.
Link Posted: 8/22/2020 8:38:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I've flown with guns numerous times
Very easy with no pain
Only thing is to declare them at check in, sign the declaration form, and put it in with the guns.
I never use a TSA lock on a gun case.  I stay with them while they inspect and have them show me the lock is secure when they are done
Never have had an issue
View Quote
Yep, flying is easy, agreed.

I've still got stuff down there that I'd need to fly out of LAX, and no way do I want them opening up that stuff in the terminal and then dealing with LAPD.
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 3:27:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Been through there seven times so far, always dragging a big ass trailer, never had us go to secondary.

But, that's exactly why I chose to ship my guns up, instead of bringing even the fudds through the border.  Just don't want to give them any ideas that my crap is worth looking through. They'd get bored anyway, furniture books clothing shop tools and supplies.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I went through Sweetgrass when moving to AK. I had a trailer, 2 dogs, and I think around 40,000 rounds of ammo.

Movers took care of the guns, was asked about the ammo I had by the customs agent, think they were just checking against what info I supplied for the permit I had.

They didn't care or look at the dog's paperwork.

Moving out of Alaska was the same.
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 5:17:42 PM EDT
[#11]
When I drove up I had two 10 round magazines for my Savage bolt action .22 that the movers somehow missed.  That coupled with being military meant they must have suspected me of arms dealing because by the time it was done I was seriously afraid one of them was going to call me into back room and pull out the elbow length gloves.  I did everything "right", declared them right away, had them in their own bag, told them exactly where they were.  Still got the third degree and spent three hours watching them pull apart our car and luggage through a window.  I'd probably still be there in jail if it were a pistol or high cap magazine.  I still have a large pile of ammo in my parents' baement I'm not sure how I'm going to get up here.  Ship all you can.
Link Posted: 8/26/2020 5:36:36 AM EDT
[#12]
One note if you do fly, if you have to divert into Canada for whatever reason refuse to take possession of your bag.
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 3:53:03 PM EDT
[#13]
When I came up the moving company had no problem with rifles. All of my handguns I flew up with me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top