User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/20/2021 5:34:53 AM EDT
Need urgent advice
Have to move out of state
Have a lot of ammo
None of movers want to take it. Is there a real hazard to put ammo
on moving truck?
No reloading supplies, no powder, no primes. Just ammo. Some packed , some loose.
Any idea where to store for sometime , so I can come back later, load into rv ?
Any other ideas?
Thanks
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 8:32:36 AM EDT
[#1]
When I moved out of CO, I had to load the whole fort into my truck, they would not touch it.  YMMV
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 11:03:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
When I moved out of CO, I had to load the whole fort into my truck, they would not touch it.  YMMV
View Quote

Same. Just do it OP, it’s fine but they do not want the liability.
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 11:28:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Would it fit in a “Job box” construction toolbox?   Add one screwdriver, lock it up and say “tools & stuff”

Also where to?   Maybe a one-way rental truck and DIY.
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 2:39:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I'll store it for you, OP.  

Seriously, I'm not looking forward to moving my small ammo stash.
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 3:17:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

yep, same here.  There were a couple boxes here and there scattered in other packed boxes (meh, you understand, it happens), but the majority was problematic.   I ended up paying a friend with a pickup with camper and paid for a helper for him and we loaded it up, he drove it there, they unloaded it and he drove home.  (with helper).  

plus remember they bill you by weight and ammo is really heavy, so.................

tis probably cheaper to even rent a smaller uhaul style thing to haul it if you have to.  Movers wont' take gas cans, propane tanks and all that stuff either.   it's better to just sell some of it. (ammo too)

Link Posted: 5/21/2021 3:44:05 AM EDT
[#6]
PODS doesn’t charge by weight and you get like a month of free storage.

Since you load it yourself they won’t know what’s inside.
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 2:59:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
PODS doesn't charge by weight and you get like a month of free storage.

Since you load it yourself they won't know what's inside.
View Quote

job box full of ammo in a moving POD is legit.  
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 11:07:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Would it fit in a “Job box” construction toolbox?   Add one screwdriver, lock it up and say “tools & stuff”

Also where to?   Maybe a one-way rental truck and DIY.
View Quote

This is the way to do it. small 4x8 uhaul or whatever and tax the axles. Surely you must have some other stuff you want to take with you that you don't want them touching? Gun collection, booze collection, other valuables. Maybe chest freezer full of meat?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top