Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/10/2021 8:36:45 AM EDT
After 20+ years living behind enemy lines, we are finally moving back to my blessed Texas. I can’t wait to be back home.

We will be living in the Georgetown area. Are there any local shooting ranges for rifle/pistol/shotgun?

I own property 3 hours away around Abilene, but don’t want to drive that far just for some trigger time.

Any recommendations from local ARFcommers?
Link Posted: 10/10/2021 8:52:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Just north of Georgetown is The Firing Line. It is a membership only range, it is owned by the owners of Guns Plus, the gun store across from the high school.

There is also ARC in Manor, another membership only range. Up by Marble Falls is Copperhead Creek, you can pay per hour there. In Temple there is Temple Gun Club, they are membership only, but their dues are less than the others. They just redid their range and it is really nice.
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 8:01:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Thank you. I’ll check them out!
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 12:53:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Lone star Range and Academy in Florence, Tx I haven’t been there yet but I’m right close by in Liberty Hill so might check it out. I usually shoot at my property ~35 miles east of Temple.
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 5:01:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Shady Oaks range in Cedar Park is 30 minutes from Georgetown. All indoors and both pistol and rifle ranges.
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 9:32:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Lone star Range and Academy in Florence, Tx I haven’t been there yet but I’m right close by in Liberty Hill so might check it out. I usually shoot at my property ~35 miles east of Temple.
View Quote

I got Lonestar confused with Texas Shooting Academy just north of Lonestar. Lonestar has been around for years under different names.

Texas Shooting Academy is a private range, you pay per month, also it is a range geared more to competitive shooters like USPSA/3 Gun shooters over the average shooter.
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 6:52:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Thank you all, I appreciate it. I’ll check these ranges out.

See y’all in a few weeks!
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 11:40:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Welcome home. My wife and I live in Sun City/Georgetown.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 8:44:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sun City is also where we will be living! Cya there, neighbor.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 11:16:06 AM EDT
[#9]
I have been a member of the Firing Line range for many years.  If you have any questions about the pros, cons, or just general questions l am happy to help try and answer them.
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 2:58:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds good. Drop me a line when you get moved-in. Maybe we can find a range and do some shooting.
Wife and I are in the Creekside Villas subdivision, N40.
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 10:28:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Lone star Range and Academy in Florence, Tx I haven't been there yet but I'm right close by in Liberty Hill so might check it out. I usually shoot at my property ~35 miles east of Temple.
View Quote
This is where I go if I can't get out to the property.

Small gripe: one of the Rsos goes around checking tax stamps. Never had that happen before.
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 2:32:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Sounds good. Drop me a line when you get moved-in. Maybe we can find a range and do some shooting.
Wife and I are in the Creekside Villas subdivision, N40.
View Quote

I’ll PM you
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 4:39:48 PM EDT
[#13]
The guns plus store are good people. Been shopping there for many years and they had the most amazing quote during the wuhan lock down. I walked in during the height of the panic and everyone is laughing and no masks. they told me "It's still America in here". have continued to buy or FFL all my gun stuff there.
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 8:29:24 AM EDT
[#14]
Woohoo! Made it to Texas. Now to start unpacking and getting settled.

I’ll get to the range soon.
Link Posted: 11/3/2021 12:31:32 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Woohoo! Made it to Texas. Now to start unpacking and getting settled.

I’ll get to the range soon.
View Quote

Good talking to you today, Jeff.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top