Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/11/2019 6:36:48 PM EDT
I lived in CO from 1985 through 2009. I'd still be there but life dealt me some funky cards. Well, I'm going to put on a full-court press to find a new job there and come home. I'd rather be in the Loveland/Longmont/Broomfield area for work, but will go to Colorado Springs as well. That's where I started in 1985.

If you are a member of the EBR Consortium on LinkedIn, I am asking for any good leads to work that fits my profile. Broadly, I am all about Business Management, Product Management, Program Management, and Operations at the senior level of a small to mid-size company. I like an entrepreneurial environment and dedication to the profit motive. Mailing it in ain't for me. (How's that for professional writing? )

Virginia's new political woes are not my motivating factor, but they are contributing. I just want to come home and be in familiar places again.

Thanks for any help.
Link Posted: 11/11/2019 9:08:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Not sure how familiar it will all be after 11 years.  Population here is exploding.
Link Posted: 11/11/2019 9:23:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not sure how familiar it will all be after 11 years.  Population here is exploding.
View Quote
I come back about three times a year to visit old friends and my spot in the mountains. I know it has gone nuts, but I can escape into the hills for some peace.
Link Posted: 11/11/2019 9:37:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Just wanted to make sure you weren't in for a nasty surprise.

I plan to move into the mountains for good one day.
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 7:24:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Colorado Springs has tons of jobs, population is exploding, houses are still relatively cheap compared to up north.

The downside is I-25 will be a shitshow for the next 2 years.

It's also the most populous county in Colorado, and one of the reddest as well.

Downside is not super easy to find places to shoot, nearby mountain areas are overused.
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 7:33:55 PM EDT
[#5]
I started in Colorado Springs in 1985. Proposed to my wife on Rampart Range road one Christmas Day.

I shoot in Park County. No worries there.
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 12:14:47 PM EDT
[#6]
smaller tech firms can be great for PM type work...from computer/cyber audit - these guys seem to be hire mediocre Project people, to this football scheduling company I spoke with once who was sponsored by the Dallas Cowbows..lots of small ventures in CO
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 9:24:13 PM EDT
[#7]
I was all geared up for a job search and the Wuhan Flu hit. How is the business environment in Colorado now?

In addition to regular full time work, I would seriously consider buying various kinds of small businesses that might be struggling. Anything from an established coffee shop to small manufacturing.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 9:55:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I started in Colorado Springs in 1985. Proposed to my wife on Rampart Range road one Christmas Day.

I shoot in Park County. No worries there.
View Quote

Park county has a nice range right by Como.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top