Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/17/2021 8:03:35 PM EDT
I love your state for dirt bike riding !!!!

Wanting to pick your brain's on the subject of mosquitos in the Summer.

How is July for camping in July for the Cadillac vs Wolverine vs Kinross area as it relates to mosquitos ?

We usually go to MI in the early-mid Fall, so any insight on July would be appreciated.

Thanks !
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 6:19:31 AM EDT
[#1]
There will be lots of 'skeeters anywhere you go in Northern MI
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 6:54:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Cadillac is more populated than Wolverine area, more meat-to-skeeter ratio. Had cabins near both of those over the past 40yrs. Wolverine was always maximum mosquito density. Spray up and ignore/swat them like we do.
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 2:31:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Don't forget the black flies  Though they are more of an issue in the UP.

The Squitos depend on how wet it is. They can be pretty mild if it's dry.
Link Posted: 3/19/2021 11:10:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the replies you guys.

I guess I’ll stock up on ThermaCell re-fill packs...
Link Posted: 3/19/2021 1:26:34 PM EDT
[#5]
The dam deer flies like to bite the back of your neck above the collar
Link Posted: 3/19/2021 4:54:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The dam deer flies like to bite the back of your neck above the collar
View Quote

They always bite where it's not easy to smack them. I hate them. And leave a nasty welt on me. Fickin' ruthless little blood suckers.
Link Posted: 3/20/2021 8:41:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Just to switch gears a minute....

What are the Covid restrictions / mandates / directives in MI and how likely is it that they will be enforced out in campgrounds and smaller towns ?
Link Posted: 3/21/2021 9:08:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

What are the Covid restrictions / mandates / directives in MI and how likely is it that they will be enforced out in campgrounds and smaller towns ?
View Quote

There really isn't any enforcement as far as the public is concerned.

Just capacity limits on businesses.  
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 10:51:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Pick a spot where there's a chance for a breeze, closer to the great lakes, the better the chance. If you camp with electricity, a couple cheapo box fans will wreck the skeeters flight, great for sitting around camp at night.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 9:04:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Thanks again guys.

Great idea with the fans
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 9:37:49 AM EDT
[#11]
I never really thought about fans. It's rained a bit, I have spotted the large male 'skeeters, the biters are about to show up.
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 9:58:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Skeeters are Michigan's state bird.
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 2:02:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Hopefully, all the frost last week killed a bunch of the little fuckers!!
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 2:24:01 PM EDT
[#14]
I was just up around the Dead Stream area and they were as thick as fog, but that is all swamp so they’re always bad there.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 4:41:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Get some

Repel 100 with DEET

sawyer permethrin
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 8:30:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 7:11:33 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Just about nobody is wearing them. Some fast food places have their workers wearing them still. Only McDonalds locally is not yet doing any in restaurant dinning.

I’ve been in MI motels and campgrounds as Wells Fargo is the most incompetent bank on the planet the last 12 days.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just about nobody is wearing them. Some fast food places have their workers wearing them still. Only McDonalds locally is not yet doing any in restaurant dinning.

I’ve been in MI motels and campgrounds as Wells Fargo is the most incompetent bank on the planet the last 12 days.

Thx for the most recent information !

My wife has been a little worried, because she plans on visiting beaches and ‘seeing the sights’.

I plan on staying in camp or out on the trails.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top