Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/7/2020 8:27:29 AM EDT

It looks like Olmos Park is giving people trouble again.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 9:11:38 AM EDT
[#1]
So what is the backstory here? Is this a common thing with that PD? Who is the group filming?
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 10:13:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Summons getting paid again...

Hmmmm...do we need to organize a practice get together for the 26th Capitol meet at Olmos Park?

The want to put their boot on a guy's neck, we should put all ours up their ass.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 10:37:59 AM EDT
[#3]
What is the back story here?  The video makes it look like "respect my authoriti!"
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 12:32:59 PM EDT
[#4]
what date did this take place?
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 1:56:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
what date did this take place?
View Quote
2/6/2020
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 2:07:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Jack Miller has made bond via Tod and Joanna Ferguson. He will be released soon and most likely head directly to the hospital as he was denied medical aid by the city.
He was held in olmos park city holding for eight hours while the city got their stories straight and made up charges.
He is being charged with class A misdemeanor of disorderly conduct, class A misdemeanor of blocking a roadway, class A misdemeanor of impending a peace officer's duties, class A misdemeanor of making a terroristic threat, and a felony charge of assaulting a peace officer.

More info:  
Read the comments

It seems Olmos park doesn't like to follow state law, and these guys like to poke the bear.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 3:44:32 PM EDT
[#7]
IIRC, didn't we put some state penalty teeth in the pre-emption laws last session?

Texas AG feel like earning some good karma?
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 4:42:12 PM EDT
[#8]
There should be Ken Paxton as Texas A.G. laying a Godzilla like smack down & stomping of Olmos Park...

How in the Blue "F" are they charging him with Fellony "Assault" on a Police Officer?

I didn't see him do anything except stand there and get taken down by some Thugs...
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 4:54:14 PM EDT
[#9]
What in the hell did I just watch
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 6:23:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
A shitty Texas police department stomping on someone’s rights in broad daylight while being filmed....
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 6:29:30 PM EDT
[#11]
They tazed OCT founder  C. J. Grisham a year or so ago and did the same to him. OCT organized a march there and the city locked the PD and none of the officers would come out. They let San Antonio and the County patrol that day.

If you would like to leave them a message

https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local/article/Open-Carry-Texas-founder-wants-Olmos-Park-police-12901350.php
https://newsmaven.io/pinacnews/citizen-journalism/texas-cops-delete-man-s-footage-after-arrest-man-recovers-deleted-footage-aO4pzPI9k0OxcYxXBtYn2A

City of Olmos Park 210-824-3281
Chief Valenciano 210-824-3281 ext 304
[email protected]
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 6:31:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
I this was the last year...

Olmos Park Open Carry - Tazered and Arrested Full Video

Olmos Park Tx Reject Texas Constitution Open Carry Tx

Which led to this.

Gun activists protest through Olmos Park after weeks of confrontation with police
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 6:35:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Which led to the charges being dropped and the city ordnance being changed.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 7:01:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
That poor fucker was in some hell of some pain, his face was bright red.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 7:31:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

That poor fucker was in some hell of some pain, his face was bright red.
View Quote
And they denied him medical too. Glad to see the gestapo is alive and well
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 8:04:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Glad we left this up and coming liberal enclave. Texas ain't Texas any more.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 8:11:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
If the City Ordanance was changed?  Why was he arrested.  He was just standing there with a toy gun doing nothing.   Cops came out of the building and made beeline to arrest him in the least gentle manner possible.

Scary, yet there it was all on Video...  
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 8:16:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
IIRC, didn't we put some state penalty teeth in the pre-emption laws last session?

Texas AG feel like earning some good karma?
View Quote
The Texas AG doesn't follow through on this pre-emption because it doesn't want to piss off "red" counties.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 8:37:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Fuck those piece of shit cops
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 9:00:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Looks like if a few hundred armed people showed up it might make for a news worthy event.

I respect police officers but don't come walking toward me with your hand on your weapon and start threatening me when I am on a public street videoing you doing unconstitutional shit.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 9:21:06 PM EDT
[#21]
There's some interesting reading about that PD's actions in the last two years.  Their ordinance against carrying long guns in public is obviously in conflict with state law.  They've had at least two stupid moves against citizens over this issue, and you'd think they'd learned their lesson the first time.

Probably only a huge liability payday will make them see their ignorance.  Their arrogance during the arrest on the vid is pretty disgusting.  I hope it's a big payday.

I think Olmos Park has some money, and maybe they need to give up some of it.
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 1:17:45 AM EDT
[#22]
Another view.
AND THEN THIS HAPPENED - UN-SEEN FOOTAGE - A MUST SEE
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 7:50:43 AM EDT
[#23]
I see an Ambulance, and him going in the ambulance in the last video, so he was not denied medical after all.
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 9:30:13 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I see an Ambulance, and him going in the ambulance in the last video, so he was not denied medical after all.
View Quote
So much for him suffering in a cell without medical care. This looks more like when assholes collide.
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 10:09:12 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Jack Miller has made bond via Tod and Joanna Ferguson. He will be released soon and most likely head directly to the hospital as he was denied medical aid by the city.

r.
View Quote
......Miller said he was denied medical and theres video proof of him being loaded into an ambulance unless this video was a previous video of him from another incident?
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 11:08:11 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

If the City Ordanance was changed?  Why was he arrested.  He was just standing there with a toy gun doing nothing.   Cops came out of the building and made beeline to arrest him in the least gentle manner possible.

View Quote
maybe they got him on a city ordinance/law on facsimile guns.
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 11:36:59 AM EDT
[#27]
JFC that is insane
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 11:40:31 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

So much for him suffering in a cell without medical care. This looks more like when assholes collide.
View Quote
On the "assholes collide" comment, obviously this group is baiting Olmos Park the city and PD, but don't you think it's for a good cause?

OP passes their own ordinance against state law concerning the 2A.  This group opposes that, and if I read correctly they also go to locations to highlight/protest police behavior in other locations.

Now, "we" can label them as troublemakers and such, but their efforts here seem quite appropriate.  As to denying medical treatment?...meh, that may just be part of the ploy against OPPD.  OPPD and the city got themselves into this situation, and I have little sympathy for them.

OP is a rich, affluent community within SA, and they don't want the peasants treading on their delicate sensibilities.

This incident touches upon the sanctuary city movement.  Sanctuary cities for illegal aliens invading our country are not the same as sanctuary cities for the 2A.

Why?  The 2A is a right guaranteed by the constitution.  Protecting illegal aliens is not.

OP deserves all the lawsuits and negative attention that can be brought down on them.
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 12:24:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Guy is Standing there.

Plastic Faux AR slung behind him with no threatening moves or words.

Open Carry of a long gun in a non-theatening manner is LEGAL in Texas.

Texas has pre-emption laws that local cities or villages can't create more restrictive laws regarding Firearms than Texas State Law.

Local Cops come out, assault him, cuff him and then arrest him - charging him with among other BS fake charges with a Felony for "Assault against a police officer" ???

W.T.F.!!!

Someone needs to get the Texas A.G. going on those Olmos Park Assholes.

Has anyone from that group directly contacted Ken Paxton and shown him these videos?

That "police chief" needs to be fired and his accreditation stripped.  He shouldn't even be allowed to be riding a segway at the mall...
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 1:33:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Guy is Standing there.

Texas has pre-emption laws that local cities or villages can't create more restrictive laws regarding Firearms than Texas State Law.

Local Cops come out, assault him, cuff him and then arrest him - charging him with among other BS fake charges with a Felony for "Assault against a police officer" ???

W.T.F.!!!

Has anyone from that group directly contacted Ken Paxton and shown him these videos?

That "police chief" needs to be fired and his accreditation stripped.  He shouldn't even be allowed to be riding a segway at the mall...
View Quote
The legislature passed a law stating it was legal to carry in all public buildings, but not in courtrooms.  The state can fine counties $1000/per day for violation.  Well a lot of counties thumbed their noses at the state and continue to prohibit carry in what they call multi-use buildings.  Basically court houses that have other offices not related to the courts.  The AG has not pursued this because they don't want to antagonize "red" counties.  What a bunch of shit.  Personally, I won't vote for Paxton again for any reason.  I'll vote for a democrat before I vote for him.
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 3:38:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

On the "assholes collide" comment, obviously this group is baiting Olmos Park the city and PD, but don't you think it's for a good cause?

OP passes their own ordinance against state law concerning the 2A.  This group opposes that, and if I read correctly they also go to locations to highlight/protest police behavior in other locations.

Now, "we" can label them as troublemakers and such, but their efforts here seem quite appropriate.  As to denying medical treatment?...meh, that may just be part of the ploy against OPPD.  OPPD and the city got themselves into this situation, and I have little sympathy for them.

OP is a rich, affluent community within SA, and they don't want the peasants treading on their delicate sensibilities.

This incident touches upon the sanctuary city movement.  Sanctuary cities for illegal aliens invading our country are not the same as sanctuary cities for the 2A.

Why?  The 2A is a right guaranteed by the constitution.  Protecting illegal aliens is not.

OP deserves all the lawsuits and negative attention that can be brought down on them.
View Quote
I totally agree that the PDs bullshit needs to be straightened out ASAP. There should be zero tolerance for cops pulling that kind of crap. They should be sued, demoted  or fired. But the bull shit of saying he didn’t get medical care isn’t acceptable either. Having someone in your group posting a video that clearly shows you are full of shit ruins any credibility you have. It taints everything you do.
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 5:46:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
The legislature passed a law stating it was legal to carry in all public buildings, but not in courtrooms.  The state can fine counties $1000/per day for violation.  Well a lot of counties thumbed their noses at the state and continue to prohibit carry in what they call multi-use buildings.  Basically court houses that have other offices not related to the courts.  The AG has not pursued this because they don't want to antagonize "red" counties.  What a bunch of shit.  Personally, I won't vote for Paxton again for any reason.  I'll vote for a democrat before I vote for him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Guy is Standing there.

W.T.F.!!!

With TOTAL Respect for your my Brother, ...

Ken Paxton as TX AG went Big on Galveston in their attempt to run FFLs out of town by declaring FFLS couldn't be within a certain number of feet from any "Religious Institution", "School or Child Care", "Hospital or Medical Provider" or many other bogus attempts to restrict FFLs completely out of Galveston.   When Paxton announced he was suing Galveston, The Democrats changed course & dropped it.

Paxton has fought many of the Deep Blue Counties in East Texas on their "any part of any building used for any sort of 'Court" makes it ALL a "Court House" which bans Legal Licensed carry.

Ken Paxton may not be "perfect", but from where I see it, he clearly beats ANY Democrat who would run for that office by hands, feet (and any other part) down!

Gun Rights Supporters can't sit out election waiting for the 100% Perfect Prince.

I believe Patton once said something to the effect that "Perfect is the enemy of "Good Enough to Win"..."
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 5:51:19 PM EDT
[#33]
SO what I don't understand is WHAT justification the Olmos Park P.D. (Especially their "Chief") had for arresting the guy in the first place.

I mean, he IS videoed just STANDING on a corner, without any brandishing or "actions to cause alarm" and the Cops just Take him Down & Take him Away...

Very Messed Up!
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 7:05:21 PM EDT
[#34]
I haven't read the CoC recently, so I'll just keep my opinion on what should happen to those officers to myself.
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 10:07:56 PM EDT
[#35]
More video

Link Posted: 2/9/2020 5:34:16 AM EDT
[#36]
Fuck Olmos Park
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 9:13:56 AM EDT
[#37]
It is time to sue the Chief of Police, and the officers involved. You also sue the city, then you get to deal with someone with more brains than the Chief. There is a real good chance the City Attorney when looking at the law agrees with our side, and recommend the city fire the Chief to save it from a lawsuit.

I sued a city and police chief in California, the city attorney of the city recommended firing the chief because he broke state law involving drunk driving checkpoints. In the end the chief, and 2 sergeants were fired and we were awarded about a half million dollars from the chief forcing him to sell his house. The city did not pay any of the chief’s judgement because as soon as the city found the chief’s acts were illegal and fired him.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 3:37:38 AM EDT
[#38]
Maybe we should have a Virginia style rally there real soon. Bring the news crews with us. Just a thought.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 8:01:47 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Maybe we should have a Virginia style rally there real soon. Bring the news crews with us. Just a thought.
View Quote
It was done before.  Look how it worked out.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 3:55:26 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
Looking at this closer, was this vid from 2020 or was it just published in 2020?...not sure what that means on YT.  Like you, BH, I'm not understanding what they arrested the guy in vid for after the ordinance was repealed by the OP city council.

All Google incidents from OP are from 2018 when the arrests, protests, and repeal of the ordinance occurred.  Did the activity in this vid actually occur in 2020?

There is a YT dated 12/19, but it seems to be referring to the 2018 event...hard to tell.

None of this changes the absurdity of the 2018 event, but the title of this thread is "more trouble in TX".  Is OPPD still enforcing what appears to be a repealed ordinance, or is it the OPPD enforcing some other contrived ordinance or regulation?
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 6:51:37 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Looking at this closer, was this vid from 2020 or was it just published in 2020?...not sure what that means on YT.  Like you, BH, I'm not understanding what they arrested the guy in vid for after the ordinance was repealed by the OP city council.

All Google incidents from OP are from 2018 when the arrests, protests, and repeal of the ordinance occurred.  Did the activity in this vid actually occur in 2020?

There is a YT dated 12/19, but it seems to be referring to the 2018 event...hard to tell.

None of this changes the absurdity of the 2018 event, but the title of this thread is "more trouble in TX".  Is OPPD still enforcing what appears to be a repealed ordinance, or is it the OPPD enforcing some other contrived ordinance or regulation?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I got this originally from the OCT Facebook page.  Several comments asked when this was recorded, and people who were there answered that day.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 7:26:34 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

The Texas AG doesn't follow through on this pre-emption because it doesn't want to piss off "red" counties.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

How do you know this?
From what I've read the practice of the AG's office is to send a letter to the offending county warning them of state law.
Is there a list of complaints that Paxton's office has ignored? If so, where can we find that?

To get action from the AG's Office you first have to file a written complaint: Handgun license holder complaints

Exclu­sion of Hand­gun License Hold­er Complaints
When a state agency or political subdivision excludes a license holder from carrying a concealed handgun where the license holder is legally permitted to carry, a citizen may file a complaint against the state agency or political subdivisions.

Individuals who observe violations must first provide written notice to the state agency or political subdivision describing the location and general facts of the violation. If the entity does not remove the sign within three (3) days, citizens may file a complaint with the Texas Attorney General's Office to investigate the matter and enforce the law.

If you believe a political subdivision is unlawfully excluding license holders from carrying a concealed handgun and you have already filed provided notice to that entity, you may submit a complaint using the below form. For more information, please call The Texas Attorney General's 30.06 Hotline at (844) 584-3006.

For more information, please see the following statutes:

Gov’t Code § 411.209
Penal Code § 30.06 & § 30.07
Penal Codes § 46.03 § 46.035
Submit a Complaint
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 10:01:51 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I got this originally from the OCT Facebook page.  Several comments asked when this was recorded, and people who were there answered that day.
View Quote
No, not saying it didn't occur recently, but that begs the question, what the heck were they arresting the guy for?  From all the sources I saw in 2018, the city council quickly repealed their ignorant carry ordinance.

In fact if I read correctly, this council was not the same council that passed the ordinance, but it wasn't crystal clear.

If this vid is portraying current police action when there doesn't appear to be any such ordinance, that would border on criminal behavior on the part of the police.

I don't do FB or I'd look over there.  Not trying to make a big deal on the timing of this issue, but if this is current, it is unbelievable that this PD would do this...based on what?
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 11:11:25 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

No, not saying it didn't occur recently, but that begs the question, what the heck were they arresting the guy for?  From all the sources I saw in 2018, the city council quickly repealed their ignorant carry ordinance.

In fact if I read correctly, this council was not the same council that passed the ordinance, but it wasn't crystal clear.

If this vid is portraying current police action when there doesn't appear to be any such ordinance, that would border on criminal behavior on the part of the police.

I don't do FB or I'd look over there.  Not trying to make a big deal on the timing of this issue, but if this is current, it is unbelievable that this PD would do this...based on what?
View Quote
It seems the police chief there has a hard on for open carry of any type. He also doesn't like people videoing him, or his officers and will go after anyone who doesn't respect his authority. He throws everything he can manufacture hoping something will stick. C.J. has a lawsuit pending against the Chief, the department, and OP from them tazing him, so he couldn't say much in his video.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 11:52:15 PM EDT
[#45]
This link indicates the city changed its ordnance to allow carriage nearly two years ago?

https://therivardreport.com/olmos-park-repeals-gun-ordinance-after-open-carry-incidents/
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 9:01:19 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He was arrested for blocking a sidewalk, felony assault on a police officer, and one other charge, which I don't remember.  If you watch the second video, CJ talks about the charges.  The felony assault on a police officer is where the cop picked him up and his head touched the officer.  This type of policing is intended not to stop people from committing crimes, but to harass citizens who are doing legal protests which the police feel they shouldn't be doing.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 11:52:30 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

He was arrested for blocking a sidewalk, felony assault on a police officer, and one other charge, which I don't remember.  If you watch the second video, CJ talks about the charges.  The felony assault on a police officer is where the cop picked him up and his head touched the officer.  This type of policing is intended not to stop people from committing crimes, but to harass citizens who are doing legal protests which the police feel they shouldn't be doing.
View Quote
It's almost unbelievable if you didn't see it on video...especially the felony assault on a police officer.  What a joke.

I hope OPPD thinks it's a joke when they have to pay out.

I was born and raised in SA until about 18.  That place won't have too much trouble paying out a big liability suit.  I notice Google says Red McCombs lives there along with the chairman of AT&T...among other big money people.

Show me the money.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 9:39:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Imagine if the VA capital police tried to arrest everyone in Richmond for "Blocking the sidewalk" ...

This Olmos Park arrest shown on the video was 100% pure BullSh!t
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 11:57:38 AM EDT
[#49]
March 7th gathering.
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 3:24:51 PM EDT
[#50]
Anyone going?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top