Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/7/2021 12:13:58 AM EDT
Bought a vehicle in late March. The temp tags expire in a couple days.

Are they taking walkins yet? Or call on the perpetual hold number?

Anyone else in the same boat?

Update: plates came today, 5.13, almost a week after temp tags expired.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 12:33:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Everything should be caught up. Haven’t heard of covid related delays for license plates.  Make an apt online, super easy.

But even better, i pay the extra 10 bux and go to
Third party Mvd! Worth every penny
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 9:43:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Agreed that the third party provider is the only way to go.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 10:18:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Agreed that the third party provider is the only way to go.
View Quote
They will probably need an appointment too.  Call first and make sure they can do what you need.

MVD fucked up many ORV renewals and you couldn't pay on line, shit would just error out.  When I went in to get it straightened out, the total was much less than what was emailed to me and I walked out with on and off road stickers.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 11:15:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Everything should be caught up. Haven’t heard of covid related delays for license plates.  Make an apt online, super easy.

But even better, i pay the extra 10 bux and go to
Third party Mvd! Worth every penny
View Quote

Third Party is the way to go .
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 7:30:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Third Party is the way to go .
View Quote

Whomever decided to allow third-party MVD transactions deserves a goddamned medal. Not perfect, but leagues better than the real deal.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 11:00:41 PM EDT
[#6]
I'd contact the seller.  If a dealer they may be able to give you another plate.   You may also be able to go into a 3rd party place and get another temp tag.  When I had my title switched over, they(3rd party place) gave me a 1 year temp plate.  Luckily the title and new plate came in the mail in just a few weeks.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 11:09:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

They will probably need an appointment too.  Call first and make sure they can do what you need.  

MVD fucked up many ORV renewals and you couldn't pay on line, shit would just error out.  When I went in to get it straightened out, the total was much less than what was emailed to me and I walked out with on and off road stickers.
View Quote

Update...

I worked today. The temp plates expire over the weekend. I got the OHV sticker in the mail today (dual sport motorcycle) still no plate. The tag that came has a 6 character plate listed on the little paper with letters and numbers. Service az says bike plates can have no more than 5 characters. The plate number on the OHV tag is not barn door close to the temp plate.

Looks like I'll have to get out early next week to unscrew this mess.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 6:06:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Truck we bought at end of Feb. just got tags 2 days ago. Temp plate expired April 27th. Sounds like they're still behind.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 2:52:07 AM EDT
[#9]
AAA will do this as well, as part of normal membership.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 12:11:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Whomever decided to allow third-party MVD transactions deserves a goddamned medal. Not perfect, but leagues better than the real deal.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

In California, you can go to AAA for DMV services, and do more than allowed in AZ.  Odd how that maths out.

Select AAA branches in Arizona offer the following services:
Renew vehicle registration
Renew boat/trailer registration
Get duplicate registration certificates and temporary operation permits
Get replacement registration stickers
Order personalized plates
Order duplicate plates
Reinstate registrations suspended due to lapse in insurance
Register vehicles from out of state
Disabled person placards and plates
Register and renew Off-Highway Vehicles (OHV)
Get duplicate title
Transfer ownership
Print out driver history reports
Get International Driving Permit (IDP)
To receive these services, the following are required: a valid Arizona driver’s license or identification card and your MVD paperwork. You may pay with credit/debit card or cash.

These MVD services are only available in the following branches: Goodyear, Mesa, Paradise Valley, Phoenix, and Sun City West.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 11:47:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Why not go to third party reg service?
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 11:50:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Update...

I worked today. The temp plates expire over the weekend. I got the OHV sticker in the mail today (dual sport motorcycle) still no plate. The tag that came has a 6 character plate listed on the little paper with letters and numbers. Service az says bike plates can have no more than 5 characters. The plate number on the OHV tag is not barn door close to the temp plate.

Looks like I'll have to get out early next week to unscrew this mess.
View Quote

When my son registered his quad same deal sticker came first he had the temp paper plate.Think the real plate came about a week after the reg sticker came.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 12:55:16 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

When my son registered his quad same deal sticker came first he had the temp paper plate.Think the real plate came about a week after the reg sticker came.
View Quote

Do you know what the time between buying it and receiving plates was?

I got a couple days off next week. Will go to mvd then. In the mean time, it's easier to complain here.

And to the many folks who posted: I would use third party in a heartbeat if I could. I bought this from a dealer.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 4:16:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

In California, you can go to AAA for DMV services, and do more than allowed in AZ.  Odd how that maths out.

View Quote

You'll want to call before going, at least a few months ago all the DMV services were suspended with AAA.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 2:35:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Do you know what the time between buying it and receiving plates was?

I got a couple days off next week. Will go to mvd then. In the mean time, it's easier to complain here.

And to the many folks who posted: I would use third party in a heartbeat if I could. I bought this from a dealer.
View Quote

I had bought the quad in ca a while ago didnt renew there since i knew we were moving  was private party deal but think the sticker showed up about 2 weeks later then the plate another week or so.

I was thinking they screwed up since my truck came with both sons car same and the ohv came separate
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 9:16:38 AM EDT
[#16]
3rd party mvd is also open on sat and sun
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 9:36:25 AM EDT
[#17]
MVD is taking walk ins, however appointments have priority and walk ins are limited to whatever arbitrary occupancy limit they set.
And despite mask mandates being lifted across the state the local AJ one has a mask nazi running the counter.
Unfortunately for some things (purged titles) my local MVD is actually better then 3rd party.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top