Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/27/2009 8:19:36 AM EDT

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1238587/Bonkers-police-drop-word-Christmas-poster-avoid-upsetting-faiths.html
Link Posted: 12/27/2009 9:09:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: streetfighter] [#1]
Well in Canada theres no such thing as PCness with regards CHRISTMAS.

Everywhere you look are signs of Christmas with all the trimmings, tv, Radio, the net etc

In fact they make such a big thing out of the whole festive period that it reminds me of the UK some 20 years ago.

It was boxing day yesterday and all the shops have boxing day sales that last for a week.

The only copper I have seen had a santa mounted on the dashboard of his car.

This country is awesome, .....>>edited IM sent<< SF
Link Posted: 12/27/2009 11:49:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: streetfighter] [#2]
Originally Posted By Mousegunner-UK:
Well in Canada theres no such thing as PCness with regards CHRISTMAS.

Everywhere you look are signs of Christmas with all the trimmings, tv, Radio, the net etc

In fact they make such a big thing out of the whole festive period that it reminds me of the UK some 20 years ago.

It was boxing day yesterday and all the shops have boxing day sales that last for a week.

The only copper I have seen had a santa mounted on the dashboard of his car.

This country is awesome, ...>>Removed<< SF

Link Posted: 12/27/2009 4:16:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I dont get where the non pro christmas bit is here..... can someone explain what I am missing ?

Seems like the police poster is saying police will be there over the christmas period helping people.....

Or am I a blind fool like Vito wants ... ?
Link Posted: 12/27/2009 4:17:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: streetfighter] [#4]
Link Posted: 12/27/2009 4:26:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By mikefortyfive:
I dont get where the non pro christmas bit is here..... can someone explain what I am missing ?

Seems like the police poster is saying police will be there over the christmas period helping people.....

I would imagine that they used the word "holiday" as a non religious replacement for the word "christmas" ?

Link Posted: 12/27/2009 4:57:12 PM EDT
[#6]

No it doesn't

The poster says "Holiday Presence"......    It indicates that the police are going to there over the holiday period helping people.

It doesn't not say which holiday......

If it was meant to indicate Christmas, then it should say Christmas.  I am celebrating Christmas, not holiday.   It's a Christian Religious Festival and should be treated as such.

You can bet your left nut that the person that wrote the text for the poster doesn't call Eid, or Ramadan or Hannukah, or Shavuot, or Diwali a "holiday"

Fuck political correctness.
Link Posted: 12/27/2009 5:01:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/27/2009 5:02:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By streetfighter:

Originally Posted By Agent_Funky:
You can bet your left nut that the person that wrote the text for the poster doesn't call Eid, or Ramadan or Hannukah, or Shavuot, or Diwali a "holiday"

Which Eid are you referring to? There's two you know

While I understand but don't agree with the "Happy Holidays" thing, how many of you "christians" actually worship in the house of god?

Speak for yourself you Godless heathen!
Link Posted: 12/27/2009 5:03:55 PM EDT
[#9]

You're a plod, I rest my case…
Link Posted: 12/27/2009 5:03:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/27/2009 5:09:51 PM EDT
[#11]

Originally Posted By vito113:

While I understand but don't agree with the "Happy Holidays" thing, how many of you "christians" actually worship in the house of god?

Speak for yourself you Godless heathen!

Yeah? How often to you go to church your hole Popeness??

Twice at Christmas for starters…
Link Posted: 12/28/2009 1:48:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/28/2009 10:33:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: streetfighter] [#13]

Originally Posted By Mousegunner-UK:

This country is awesome...>>removed<<

Well if you call being sick with the last 12 years of Labour Asshole govt, then in a country where....edited,  want to live a lfe where you dont have to stop calling Christmas Christmas or Easter Easter etec etc then the answer is a resounding YES, oh and buy the way you can still have handguns here

ETA
This country has imigration but people move here because they like the way of life ie not bowing down to minorities and becoming politically correct, ...edited

Bring on the General Election and lets see what happens this time
Link Posted: 12/28/2009 11:39:48 AM EDT
[#14]
I agree on the PC going too far but its not a colour issue.

In fact a high percentage of non whites in UK are Christian.

And a high percentage of those engaged in PC activity are liberal white people trying to be "inclusive" and getting it wrong.

If you actually ask the non christians, they have no problem with christmas being publicised. THEY did not start this trend.
Link Posted: 12/28/2009 12:34:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: streetfighter] [#15]
Link Posted: 12/28/2009 1:05:12 PM EDT
[#16]

I'm pretty sure that God doesn't grade by attendance!

Surely it is more important on how you live your life day-to-day; rather than how often you visit a building? After all; all of the Catholic priests who have been caught out recently go to church every day - yet I prefer my chances to theirs in front of the creator!
Link Posted: 12/28/2009 1:38:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 12/28/2009 3:36:24 PM EDT
[#18]

Surely it is more important on how you live your life day-to-day; rather than how often you visit a building? After all; all of the Catholic priests who have been caught out recently go to church every day - yet I prefer my chances to theirs in front of the creator!

All the more reason why I try not to believe in all that nonsense about heaven and hell, the immaculate conception, and all the other twaddle that gets spoon fed to the gullible masses at Sundays pagan rituals.

Oh btw, getting back to  the other issue, I think you'll find that the majority of non whiteys are more god fearing than most of the whiteys from Blighty that lost their spiritualism somewhere along the way

See, I knew you were a godless heathen…
Link Posted: 12/28/2009 3:45:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/28/2009 3:56:11 PM EDT
[#20]

All the more reason why I try not to believe in all that nonsense about heaven and hell, the immaculate conception, and all the other twaddle that gets spoon fed to the gullible masses at Sundays pagan rituals.

Oh btw, getting back to  the other issue, I think you'll find that the majority of non whiteys are more god fearing than most of the whiteys from Blighty that lost their spiritualism somewhere along the way

I'm just me and less gullible than thee

You'll burn in hell infidel!
Link Posted: 12/28/2009 3:59:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 12/28/2009 4:01:05 PM EDT
[#22]

No such place fool

There is, it's called Hackney

Link Posted: 12/28/2009 4:16:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 12/28/2009 4:38:55 PM EDT
[#24]
To clean up what could potentially lead to banninations. Carry on
Link Posted: 12/28/2009 4:39:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Spring cleaning over
Link Posted: 12/28/2009 4:51:26 PM EDT
[#26]

No such place fool

There is, it's called Hackney

I've no answer to that

Well I would say Hackney has gone to the dogs, but they knocked down the dog track…

Link Posted: 12/29/2009 2:41:16 PM EDT
[#27]
On the subject of PCness, this came in the e-mail today:

If you are ready for the adventure of a lifetime, try this:

a. Go to  Pakistan ,  Afghanistan,  Iraq   or Iran illegally. Never mind immigration quotas, visas, international law, or any of that nonsense. Demand a free house, benefits and food.

b. Once there, demand that the local government provide free medical care for you and your entire family.

c. Demand that all nurses and doctors be fluent in English, and that all food be cooked according to your specifications in the hospital.

d. Demand free local government forms, bulletins, etc. be printed in English.

e. Procreate abundantly.

f. Deflect any criticism of this allegedly irresponsible reproductive behaviour with, 'It is a cultural thing; you wouldn't understand.'

g. Keep your original identity strong. Fly your home country's national flag from your rooftop, or proudly display it in your front window, or on your car bumper.

h. Speak only English at home and in public, and make sure that your children do likewise.

i. Demand classes on English culture in the local school system.

j. Demand a local country driving license or national insurance number equivalent

k. This will afford other legal rights and will go far to legitimise your unauthorised, illegal, presence in Pakistan, Afghanistan or Iraq

l. Drive around with no car tax or insurance and ignore local traffic laws.

m. Insist that the Police teach English to all its officers.

n. Organise protest marches against your host country, inciting violence against indigenous religions, racial groups  and the government that let you in.

Good luck, see how long you survive!

It would never happen in Pakistan , Afghanistan   Iraq or Iran  (or any other country in the world for that matter) except in the:
 U.K. , U.S.A. ,  Canada  or Australia,  because we are run by soft, politically correct politicians that are too scared to 'offend' anyone.

If you agree, pass it on.

If you don't, go ahead and try the above in Pakistan , Afghanistan or Iraq ....

Happy New Year, everyone!!  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top