Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2022 11:45:12 AM EDT
Articles from both Fox and CNN:

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/eric-adams-scolds-nyc-big-banks-remote-work-covid-surge
https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/04/economy/eric-adams-covid-banks/index.html

It seems the new mayor is unhappy that the big banks and Wall Street firms are keeping their people working from home. Says it is hurting the city because these people are not coming in and spending money. Yet at the same time, he has kept former mayor De Blasio's vaccine mandate for private businesses in place along with the enforcement and $1000 fines per violation of that mandate.

So the new mayor has a 100% disconnect from the reality that employees who stay home without getting the vaccination pose ZERO ENFORCEMENT RISK to these companies. By keeping their employees home, companies do not have to deal with the issue of possibly being fined or having to fire employees that refuse to comply with the mandate.

I am surprised, but perhaps should not be, at how quickly the new mayor has shown himself to be an idiot. Absolutely no clue of the relationship between the mandate and people staying away.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 1:32:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 9:33:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I am surprised, but perhaps should not be, at how quickly the new mayor has shown himself to be an idiot. Absolutely no clue of the relationship between the mandate and people staying away.
View Quote

You are correct.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 11:51:13 AM EDT
[#3]
The inability to correlate action and reaction these days is astonishing.   Democrats think everything is coincidental or because of guns.  Must be a lot of voodoo going on in rainbow land.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 12:32:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I heard Adams on the radio this morning excoriating firms to immediately start bringing employees back into the office three days a week. And then five days a week soon after that. Of course that vaccine mandate is still in full force and many people are happy to work from home. He did go on about how great it is for people to be in the office in order to see each other and collaborate. I just want to slam my head in a door If I were in charge of one of these big employers, I would send him a tersely worded letter saying not only "no" but "hell no".

I also find it rather "funny" that they want all these people back but at the same time have been screaming to get "congestion pricing" started up because there are too many people in the city. It is a shame one cannot harness this "circular logic" of theirs because one might be able to replace all of the fossil fuel plants with the energy created from all this spinning
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 5:24:21 PM EDT
[#5]
The firms should pack up and go south let the city rot.
Link Posted: 1/8/2022 7:35:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Send them my General Area of Operations.

There are more than a few NYC businesses with buildings within 30 minutes of Interstate (Not like the LIE or Grand Central Rush Hour) travel time from me.

Things might even out Philly
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 2:14:47 PM EDT
[#7]
The HQ of my parent company is in NYC. Many staff there want to continue working from home because their only option for getting to the office is public transit. With the kung flu still going around they want to stay off the trains and buses.
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 7:00:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Send them my General Area of Operations.

There are more than a few NYC businesses with buildings within 30 minutes of Interstate (Not like the LIE or Grand Central Rush Hour) travel time from me.

Things might even out Philly
View Quote

Where in PA?
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 1:30:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The HQ of my parent company is in NYC. Many staff there want to continue working from home because their only option for getting to the office is public transit. With the kung flu still going around they want to stay off the trains and buses.
View Quote

Same for us. We have an office in midtown (5th Ave area) that has had a skeleton staff since March 2020. Company is covering tolls/garage/mileage if you drive in.

Why does this mayor sound so much like Cuomo? Is there an idiot school they all attend? I remember when Hillary was senator, she tried  the same affect.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top