Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Posted: 6/15/2022 2:02:30 PM EDT
Anybody see this bill?
They want to ban any over the counter supplements that can be used for weight loss or muscle building. Based on wording looks like anything except protein will be no go. Goodbye creatine, pre workouts, amino acids, and a whole boat load of other stuff.

https://www.nysenate.gov/legislation/bills/2021/A431
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 2:24:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Well for those who want it, it is an easy enough ban to get around: travel to a neighboring state. Not like you need to go through the BS of buying and/or possessing a banned NYS gun.

NY used to ban grain alcohol but all I needed to do was have a friend in Connecticut get it for me when he was coming down to visit, or I would get it myself when I went to a state like RI where it was legal. Just about anything New York bans, that is not federally controlled or tracked is easy enough to obtain. Fireworks anyone ?

Link Posted: 6/15/2022 4:13:41 PM EDT
[#2]
But they won’t ban fast food

Can we just fast forward to the endgame?
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 7:42:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I mean at least read it.

A431C (ACTIVE) - SUMMARY

Relates to establishing restrictions on the sale of over-the-counter diet pills and dietary supplements for weight loss or muscle building; prohibits the sale of over-the-counter diet pills or dietary supplements for weight loss or muscle building to people under 18 unless properly prescribed by a health care provider; exempts certain protein powders, protein drinks and foods
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 10:23:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By EDE59:
I mean at least read it.
View Quote

So a 17-year-old can't buy dietary supplements for weight loss or muscle building, but a 5-year-old can choose their gender?
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 10:31:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Good.  Those fucking pre-workout powders make all those people at my gym shit constantly.  Every time I go in there to take a leak I practically puke from the stink.

You want to bulk up?  Drink milk and drop your deuces at home, ya filthy animals.
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 1:32:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: EDE59] [#6]
Originally Posted By Zero6:

So a 17-year-old can't buy dietary supplements for weight loss or muscle building, but a 5-year-old can choose their gender?
View Quote

How does one have to do with the other. I’m not arguing the merits just replying to the sensational headline. What was originally posted wasn’t entirely factual, and what you did there is a perfect example of a straw man argument.
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 5:29:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Zero6:

View Quote

More nanny state bullshit. Someone probably had a kid that died of a heart attack and the doctor blamed supplements...

These fuckers will ban everything and anything.

How about banning energy drink sales for kids under 17? Much more dangerous
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 7:15:21 PM EDT
[#8]
The state has evidently determined that  its easier to control fat, non muscular people than thin and or muscular/fit people therefore these are banned.
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 9:17:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By cherenkov:
The state has evidently determined that  its easier to control fat, non muscular people than thin and or muscular/fit people therefore these are banned.
View Quote

Of course it’s easy for cops to chase down the over weight people thin guy dam that means they have to reduce the donut intake than.

That’s bad juju
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top