Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/3/2021 12:40:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: raf]
Has anyone any info about such groups in RI?  Wording of some reports would lead some to think that these people were from RI.  I suspect they had passed-through RI on way to their destination.  I could be wrong, of course. ETA: And I apparently was wrong.  Appears these "Moors" were from Pawtucket, R.I.

https://www.wgbh.org/news/local-news/2021/07/03/9-in-custody-after-hourslong-armed-standoff-in-wakefield

More info, and a little background on 4 July 2021: https://boston.cbslocal.com/2021/07/03/jahmal-latimer-rise-of-moors-moorish-american-arms-wakefield-standoff-i95/
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 12:58:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By raf:
Has anyone any info about such groups in RI?  Wording of some reports would lead some to think that these people were from RI.  I suspect they had passed-through RI on way to their destination.  I could be wrong, of course.

https://www.wgbh.org/news/local-news/2021/07/03/9-in-custody-after-hourslong-armed-standoff-in-wakefield
View Quote

Very wierd, I also find myself even more glad that that the Senate and House have put up shop for the summer.
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 1:01:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By sgwlower:

Very wierd, I also find myself even more glad that that the Senate and House have put up shop for the summer.
View Quote
There is a scheduled "Special Session" of the Legislature this Fall, ostensibly to deal with some non-firearms bills.  Be Warned!
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 7:47:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: raf] [#3]

View Quote

These "Moors" could very likely have passed through MA had they been dressed in non-tactical clothes, not been wearing tactical gear, and not been wearing pistols and carrying slung rifles.  These people are well-aware of existing laws.  Why they chose to tote firearms and wear tactical clothing/gear in public, while traveling is the question.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 10:16:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Completely agree RAF, Im just trying to figure out why they were in full gear, fully armed, standing around a car while a guy filled it up with a Jerry can of gas. The whole thing is exceptionally odd.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 6:52:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: raf] [#5]
Completely agree RAF, Im just trying to figure out why they were in full gear, fully armed, standing around a car while a guy filled it up with a Jerry can of gas. The whole thing is exceptionally odd.
View Quote
Distance from Pawtucket, RI to Wakefield, MA is about 61 miles.  [url]https://www.bing.com/search?q=distance+from+pawtucket+ri+to+wakefiels+ma&cvid=f1eb6c2d21324869a574cee6d6deff7f&aqs=edge..69i57.23759j0j1&pglt=171&FORM=ANNTA1&PC=U531[url]

Most modern vehicles have an initially fully-fueled range far in excess of 61 miles. Regardless of what their destination might be.

Either these folks were massively stupid on initial fueling of their vehicles (ALWAYS a possibility), or they intended this incident to happen.   From what I hear (and FWIW), these folks planned to re-fuel their vehicles away from public gas stations, and use self-carried fuel to do so.  If correct, how is fueling alongside public highways less noticeable  to every passing motorist, and occasional Cop, compared to re-fueling in a gas station or on a mutually-planned side road?  They apparently had the comms to do so, as evidenced by public vids.

Something's a little bit wrong here.

If these folks were intending to go to a "training place in Maine" they could have started with fully-fueled vehicles, and diverted to a "pre-planned', more-or-less private side-road to re-fuel if necessary.  NO need to re-fuel alongside Federal Highway.

Something here does not make sense.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top