Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/21/2019 4:38:13 AM EDT
Hello everyone just wanted to let people know that we have a monthly 2 gun event out in Irvington on the first Saturday of the month during our season. I'm one of the match directors and this is our second season. If you would like additional information please comment, pm, or to go our website.
https://irvingtonsportsmen.wixsite.com/iscky/2-gun

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVjniwRQObuf8S8OzGg7bCQ
Here is a link to my YouTube page which shows what to expect during a match.
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 6:23:51 AM EDT
[#1]
I haven't been able to make it out to one of your matches yet, but thank you for putting in the work so that others can play.
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 6:51:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Hello everyone just wanted to let people know that we have a monthly 2 gun event out in Irvington on the first Saturday of the month during our season. I'm one of the match directors and this is our second season. If you would like additional information please comment, pm, or to go our website.
https://irvingtonsportsmen.wixsite.com/iscky/2-gun
View Quote
Cool!  Is this match run by the same guys that run your pistol matches?  I've shot those matches, they are fun.
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 7:01:00 AM EDT
[#3]
We have guys who help from the pistol match, but we do not run the pistol match.
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 7:34:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Hello everyone, just wanted to mention that I put a link to my YouTube page showing some of the matches we have had at the top of the thread.
Thanks
Link Posted: 4/1/2019 8:08:46 PM EDT
[#5]
I have done a couple of the pistol matches.  I have wanted to do the 2 gun matches.  Do you allow the use of pistol ar or ak varients?  Also, how many rifle mag carriers is recommended?
Link Posted: 4/1/2019 8:25:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have done a couple of the pistol matches.  I have wanted to do the 2 gun matches.  Do you allow the use of pistol ar or ak varients?  Also, how many rifle mag carriers is recommended?
View Quote
Yes they are allowed, honestly one carrier is fine, hell people use their back pocket and it works out for them.
Link Posted: 4/1/2019 8:31:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Awesome, thank you for the quick reply.
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 10:06:49 PM EDT
[#8]
I am very interested in this.

I have to work this Saturday but, I will try and make it next month.
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 8:00:04 PM EDT
[#9]
I made it to the match today.  If you are able to go, go.  Great group of guys and a comfortable non judging atmosphere.  Will try to make it to a couple more this year.
Link Posted: 4/7/2019 3:22:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I made it to the match today.  If you are able to go, go.  Great group of guys and a comfortable non judging atmosphere.  Will try to make it to a couple more this year.
View Quote
What was you shooting today if I may ask?
Link Posted: 4/7/2019 5:42:00 AM EDT
[#11]
You may, the CZ Scorpion. ??  It was challenging on those longer shots, but totally worth the long drive from Louisville.
Link Posted: 4/7/2019 3:58:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
You may, the CZ Scorpion. ??  It was challenging on those longer shots, but totally worth the long drive from Louisville.
View Quote
You should have said something about being from this site, I was the one with the go pro on hacking up my lungs most of the time out there.
Link Posted: 4/7/2019 7:29:00 PM EDT
[#13]
LOL, weren't we all in a way.  I probably should have, but I wasn't certain how to bring it up.  But next time I will make sure to give a more formal introduction.  My wife will tell you, I am more shy the first time or two when I am around new people.  So don't take it personal.

But I did enjoy the match tremendously, so I will try to make it next month.
Link Posted: 4/13/2019 3:49:55 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
LOL, weren't we all in a way.  I probably should have, but I wasn't certain how to bring it up.  But next time I will make sure to give a more formal introduction.  My wife will tell you, I am more shy the first time or two when I am around new people.  So don't take it personal.

But I did enjoy the match tremendously, so I will try to make it next month.
View Quote
Bump, just wanting to let everyone know we are a week out from the next match. We decided not to use shotguns this match but will use them in June.
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 8:10:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Bump, just wanting to let everyone know we are a week out from the next match. We decided not to use shotguns this match but will use them in June.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 4:23:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Here is some video from April's Iron Man match.

Stage 1, fun with tires.

Stage 2, rifle and pistol star drill.

Stage 3, throwing the weights.

Stage 4, rescue Gertrude.

Link Posted: 5/11/2019 10:23:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Had a good match in May with several local law enforcement officers included. Everyone had a good time and look forward to seeing new faces.
Link Posted: 5/22/2019 10:50:10 PM EDT
[#18]
We will have some stages with shotgun in it, if you do not have one we will have plenty of loaner shotguns out there. Cheap target loads only.
Link Posted: 6/29/2019 7:47:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Bump just wanted to say next Saturday is our next match
Times are the same with round count being the same
Rifle and pistol only this month
Looking forward to seeing everyone out there!
Jeremiah
Link Posted: 7/4/2019 5:03:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Good luck competitors! I'll eventually need to make it down to one of these.
Link Posted: 7/29/2019 7:06:17 PM EDT
[#21]
I’m going to try to round up a few friends and make it out to this Saturday’s match. Are shotguns required at this one?

Edited to add:
Forgot to ask. Is steel cased 5.56 ammo, such as wolf or Tula, ok to use in this match?

Second edit for anyone curious:
No steel cased ammo.
No shotguns needed this weekend.
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 3:01:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Shame about the shotguns.

Even bigger shame, I'll be in Indy that day.

Have a blast ya'll.
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 3:11:24 AM EDT
[#23]
Hope to see a few new faces this Saturday and don't forget to let me know you are from here!
Thanks
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 10:46:39 AM EDT
[#24]
Had a great time. Thanks to all the organizers and ROs for your hard work. A very well run match.
My buddy and I will definitely be back.
Link Posted: 9/6/2019 6:51:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Same time and round count, see everyone in the am
Link Posted: 10/4/2019 10:37:55 AM EDT
[#26]
Rejoined the club again a couple of weeks ago and will be at the match tomorrow.  Shotguns needed for tomorrow's match?
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 12:34:45 AM EDT
[#27]
No shotguns man
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 7:43:55 PM EDT
[#28]
The good news is that we will use shotguns at the next match. (2 Nov) The match will start around 4 pm, will have 1 daylight stage and (probably) 3 stages after dark.

Pistol, rifle and shotguns. If you use a pistol mounted light, it must be able to be holstered; work out some sort of light for your rifle and shotgun. A loaner pump shotgun with light will be available. 25 rounds of 7 1/2 or 8 birdshot and normal round count for pistol and rifle will be required for the match.

Edit to add the toy drive information. The entry fee for the match is an unwrapped toy that we will add to the toys to be collected at the night pistol match on 7 December. All toys will be given to the Irvington Police Department to be distributed to local kids.
Link Posted: 11/3/2019 2:43:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Sorry I missed this.  I just moved to the area and was hoping to join the fun. I assume your website has the next match listed or is this the best source for information?
Link Posted: 3/1/2020 5:16:52 AM EDT
[#30]
Bump been awhile since I have been on here discussing this topic, see everyone on the 7th of march. Times and ammo count are the same, see everyone then.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 11:10:09 PM EDT
[#31]
Match director used a new way for sign ups for the June match with Google documents and all squads are full. If you want to be on the email later list please feel free to PM and I will get it forwarded to him. July match should be a different story with the social distance garbage being less restrictive.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top